What is UP with Bradie James?

newlander

Reaction score
Seems like he's been all over the field since Wade took over the D'. Blitzing, tackling , covering......is that really him? (this is a legit question, I'd love to see it continue because I think he's always been capable, but has underachieved for the most part):star:

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
He was actually pretty last year in comparison to how he was playing under Parcells by the end of his tenure. I think it's just him getting more comfortable in the D and the guys up front playing better.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
never underestimate how playing well leads to more good play--he is just more confident and started making plays which added to his confidence

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe the light finally came on for Bradie or maybe Wade is putting him in the proper situations for his strengths. If Bradie continues to get to the QB along with Ware, Ratliff and an emerging Spencer, the "bend but don't break" that we currently have might become a bonafide shut down defense.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
What is up with Bradie?

He's been getting the glory stats (i.e., sacks) so now fans are finaly realizing that he's a pretty good player.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AbeBeta;2451353 said:
What is up with Bradie?

He's been getting the glory stats (i.e., sacks) so now fans are finaly realizing that he's a pretty good player.
I guess the OP meant why wasn't he doing these things before.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2451357 said:

Maybe Wade finally realized that he's better going forward than backwards?

Eskimo

Reaction score
tomson75;2451369 said:
Maybe Wade finally realized that he's better going forward than backwards?

That's for damn sure!

I think Wade has been mixing things up more than Stewart who was playing the coverages and the blitz packages far too vanilla earlier in the year. If the offense knows what is coming, they are going to be more successful attacking the defense.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
He's finally being played to his strengths as opposed to the liability in coverage he's always been...

STSINAZ

Reaction score
bradie is getting sacks in the new alignment...its working...should cause us to get alot of sacks in the next game...cant wait...think about it..bradie has 5 sacks, ellis has 5...rat has 6...ware has 15...spencer should get a few more before the year is out along with ellis and ware...we could end up with 17,7,.3 and 7 for those 4 players playing linebacker...great numbers! then throw rat in a 7 or 8 ....great year for sacks...

CowboysxSwagger

Reaction score
I think its wade controlling the d now
and plus james was always an aggressive LB about time we have seen some of it!

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2451357 said:

Well, I watched him at LSU and he was doing what he's doing now...flying all over the field and making plays. I just don't know what took him so long to get back to his prior form.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
STSINAZ;2451410 said:
bradie is getting sacks in the new alignment...its working...should cause us to get alot of sacks in the next game...cant wait...think about it..bradie has 5 sacks, ellis has 5...rat has 6...ware has 15...spencer should get a few more before the year is out along with ellis and ware...we could end up with 17,7,.3 and 7 for those 4 players playing linebacker...great numbers! then throw rat in a 7 or 8 ....great year for sacks...

You had better adjust that "17" to read 19 or 20. Ware will get more than two sacks in the remaining four games.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
newlander;2451295 said:
Seems like he's been all over the field since Wade took over the D'. Blitzing, tackling , covering......is that really him? (this is a legit question, I'd love to see it continue because I think he's always been capable, but has underachieved for the most part):star:

I have historically not been a fan of this guy. Big talker. Smaller player on the field... Well, I am thankful to have been proven totally wrong in the last few weeks. This guy is playing out of his mind right now.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
As Grandma used to say, "Never look a gift horse in the mouth." I've never understood that expression.

http://img291.*************/img291/9210/ch21thunov272008061750pqy6.jpg

proline

Reaction score
Eskimo;2451612 said:
No, he is still lousy in coverage.

I agree. I still see him get smoked a couple of times a game. IIRC, he got burned badly a couple of times against the 'skins.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wade's new 4-6 must be perfect for Bradie.

Still a little shaky in coverage however.

newlander

Reaction score
Good posts, and I DO acknowledge his weakness in coverage, but in fairness he isn't alone in that category around the league. He's tackling, blitzing, playing with passion and leading. Not really the case before; just seems like he "gets it" now. Pitt will be big for him, they like to run alot of screens, slants and short crap. Hope he eats Hines Ward for lunch. Just better remember to keep his head on a swivel.........