What is UP with Bradie James?

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Well, he was a 4th round pick, so he had his flaws coming into the league. I mean, you have to be a number 1 pick like Bobby Carpenter to be considered all world and flawless.

:rolleyes:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2451668 said:
Wade's new 4-6 must be perfect for Bradie.

Still a little shaky in coverage however.

As long as he doesn't have to cover the flats esp a FB then he's only bad in coverage instead of.....absent????

AbeBeta

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2451409 said:
He's finally being played to his strengths as opposed to the liability in coverage he's always been...

or, we are finally playing a string of crap offenses.

Nexx

Reaction score
with the way wade is using bradie, i would love to see the results from a good linebacker used the same way.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2451353 said:
What is up with Bradie?

He's been getting the glory stats (i.e., sacks) so now fans are finaly realizing that he's a pretty good player.

You call them glory stats, but you could also interpret them as production.

He's generally been a steady player here, but one who struggled in coverage and didn't really make any plays. But he's been all over the place the last month, and not just with sacks. He's active, always in the pile, getting stops in the backfield and, yes, coming up with sacks.

He has, what, five sacks now? And I don't recall a single one of them being of the cleanup variety. If I'm not mistaken, his five sacks just about equals what he had in his entire career entering this season.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
a GOOD coach knows what his players are capable of and tries to put them in positions to do so. When we ask Bradie or Roy to cover we are asking them to do something they have proven to struggle or even fail at. That's why there are so few complete football players.

Bradie has done well with the adjustments the defense has made. When passing downs come he either needs to blitz or be on the sideline watching Kevin Burnett play.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2452302 said:
a GOOD coach knows what his players are capable of and tries to put them in positions to do so. When we ask Bradie or Roy to cover we are asking them to do something they have proven to struggle or even fail at. That's why there are so few complete football players.

Bradie has done well with the adjustments the defense has made. When passing downs come he either needs to blitz or be on the sideline watching Kevin Burnett play.

I was about to post the same thing. It's a testament to our coaching that we're covering up his weaknesses and playing to his strengths right now. I'm still not a huge Bradie James fan, but if we can keep him doing what he is doing right now, I'm fine with it.

However, the moment he starts getting beaten like a drum in coverage all the time again, I'll be leading the bandwagon wanting someone a bit quicker and better in pass coverage at that position.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Nexx;2452281 said:
with the way wade is using bradie, i would love to see the results from a good linebacker used the same way.

:rolleyes:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
newlander;2451295 said:
Seems like he's been all over the field since Wade took over the D'. Blitzing, tackling , covering......is that really him? (this is a legit question, I'd love to see it continue because I think he's always been capable, but has underachieved for the most part):star:

Defense = better to be Proactive sometimes than Reactive. I dont think we have too many players that "react" well to the plays.

Attack!

Attack!

Attack!

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
ALOT of it has to do with the 46 defense Wade is mixing in. Were seeing alot more man to man coverage now AND an attacking front seven.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Avenging Hayseed;2452326 said:
ALOT of it has to do with the 46 defense Wade is mixing in. Were seeing alot more man to man coverage now AND an attacking front seven.

Whats up, pardner?
Gobble gobble!! ;)

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Hey Bro! Things are going great now that the Cowboys are back to their winning ways. Hope all is well on your end..............

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Let's see how he plays against Pitt before we go crazy. We've played SF and Seattle the last two weeks. He should look good vs them.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2452355 said:
Let's see how he plays against Pitt before we go crazy. We've played SF and Seattle the last two weeks. He should look good vs them.

Thanks for the buzzkill. :eek: I was actually enjoying this little artificial high. :D

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2452355 said:

Actually we should wait until after the Steelers' game, Pittsburg has a craptacular OL. But that 46 has been the key for improvement of the ENTIRE DEFENSE, not just Bradie James.

That's all Wade.