What is your favorite horror movie franchise?

What is your favorite horror movie franchise?

• Total voters

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chose Romero's "Dead" series...

Why?

Two reasons. The first being the ultimate influence it held... Romero created a genre that didn't previously exist and just look around at what it inspired.

Second reason is the quality of the films... The first 3 films, "Night of the Living Dead", "Dawn of the Dead", "Day of the Dead" are IMO better than the first 3 films of any other horror franchise.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Keeping one on the edge of their seat every moment. This gory retribution/vigilante series, while only arguably the defining horror movie franchise of the 21st century is undoubtedly the most successful. SAW

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
*that whole loose knit confederation of the Weinstein group/Robert Rodriguez,, death proof ,dusk till Dawn ,grindhouse- planet terror,,,tho, they weren't listed*o_O

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was astonished where the writers came up with such a sick/evil & dark plot. Each film was released subsequently every October, on the Friday before Halloween.

Yep.

The challenge I had with the Saw franchise is like all the franchises on here... After the first film, especially after the second film the series came off the rails as far as plot. For the Saw series, it's like they were telling the same story over and over again. It got rather redundant.

But I still watched. ;)

HungryLion

Reaction score
I would have to say Scream.

I think it’s part nostalgia. Scream came out when I was a kid and the first scream movie was a cultural phenomenon. I remember my older sister letting me watch the movie with her on VHS, without my parents knowing about it because they wouldn’t let me see it.

I was scared poopless.

but I also enjoy the fact that they’re mocking scary movie tropes while at the same time being quality horror films in their own right.

Shoot after seeing the opening scene, I was scared to answer the phone for weeks. (In my defense I was 9)

lol

HungryLion

Reaction score
It's interesting how often there's a "Resident Evil" movie being shown on TV.

Have you seen the information released about the new resident evil movie that is coming out? looks interesting. Especially if you’re also a gamer with history playing the games.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Agreed.

I only had some many slots to play with... If I could have I would have included "Alien", "Tremors" and "Predator".

If we are counting Predators. Then the predator franchise would be it for me. It’s my second favorite movie franchise behind Star Wars.

It is one of this ambiguous ones though. A combination of Horror/sci fi/action.

If there’s a predator movie on TV. I can’t help but watch it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would have to say Scream.

I think it’s part nostalgia. Scream came out when I was a kid and the first scream movie was a cultural phenomenon. I remember my older sister letting me watch the movie with her on VHS, without my parents knowing about it because they wouldn’t let me see it.

I was scared poopless.

but I also enjoy the fact that they’re mocking scary movie tropes while at the same time being quality horror films in their own right.

Shoot after seeing the opening scene, I was scared to answer the phone for weeks. (In my defense I was 9)

lol

I've posted this before, but the last 30 minutes of "Scream" is just fantastic. One of the best final 30 minutes of any movie period.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
I choose nightmare on elm street, largely for nostalgia reasons. NOES is one of first
Movies I remember watching.the first noes is a all time classic and the plot is unique
And interesting. I thought the second noes was good but I guess its universally hated for some reason. The noes series became corny or cheesy as it went on but
It will always rank among my favorite horror franchises