What is your favorite horror movie franchise?

What is your favorite horror movie franchise?

• Total voters

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Was astonished where the writers came up with such a sick/evil & dark plot. Each film was released subsequently every October, on the Friday before Halloween. Great horror franchise. Loved it!
Kitties are known for torturing their victims first :D

I really liked the first Saw but the torture angle isn't really for me. Definitely appreciate the original idea though most definitely. Like you said, it kind of came out of nowhere near Halloween a ways back and has been a staple since.

Went with Freddy bc of that psychological torture of not being able to sleep comfortably the rest of your life. I have bad insomnia as it is, imagining being forced not to sleep "forever" freaks me out. "So when I finally fall asleep I die" that sux lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the way you separated those from the Alien, Predator, The Thing type movies as I separate my creature features into humanesque like the ones you listed, monsters that can fit under your bed or in the closet and bigass monsters that can't hide behind anything smaller than a mountain.

The problem I have with franchises is that they all lose steam and were made just to make money. The first Halloween, Nightmare, SAW and Scream movies were great and original but after that it was downhill, same idea just different ways of offing people.

Hard for me to pick but I am glad these four guys have been around to scare us, Carpenter, Craven, Rodriguez and Romero, but I would not have wanted to be their Dad's and tried to explain there's nothing under the bed and monsters don't exist.

On your list, I'll go with Resident Evil as I think they're the best made franchise.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
My favorite horror series of all time has to be IT. I love the guy who plays Pennywise. I think he's absolutely perfect for the role.

A close second is the Saw series. Some of them were absolutely brutally intense and for sick people like me it was very good.

quickccc

Reaction score
i chose the Romero's zombie dead movies

1978 Dawn of the Dead just freaked me out as a kid so much that i could not even sleep that night
much less let the teasers around know how scared i was of that movie. they would have pranked me all night merciless.

Plus it was Romero's zombie dead movies that spun the zombie mania that is so vast globally .