What is Zach Martin trade value?

Dallas5xchamps

Reaction score
What do you guys think his trade value is ? I believe we can get a third or 4th for him. It looks like we're going to be in rebuilding mode after this season, so JJ might as well start seeing who has value and who doesn't really move the treade needle

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
The trade value will be determined at the trade deadline during the season when it might become a fire sale for draft picks if Dallas isn't in the race for the NFC EAST playoff picture!!

plasticman

Reaction score
Whatever he is worth, I would be willing to trade just to get him back.

If the Cowboys never reach a Super Bowl during Martin's tenure in Dallas then it certainly isn't his fault. He has been the most consistently productive player on the team for about a decade.

A nine time Pro Bowlers, 7 time 1st team All Pro can inspire his teammates just by being on the field. When he plays injured he is still better than 80%. As a 33 year old he is still better than 90%.

Jarntt

Reaction score
What do you guys think his trade value is ? I believe we can get a third or 4th for him. It looks like we're going to be in rebuilding mode after this season, so JJ might as well start seeing who has value and who doesn't really move the treade needle
A 4th? Martin is still one of the best Guards around even if no longer the best, has a $1.8M base salary this year and a $1.3M base salary next year that automatically voids under certain circumstances. So you wouldn’t give up more than a 4th for a year of Zack Martin at less than $2M or you are trying to get a rise out of Cowboy fans? And why would you trade him if doing so post 6/1 only saves you under $2M and doing so before 6/1 crushes your cap as his money that has yet to hit the cap comes due

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not much. Last year of his contract. His play is trending down. Next year when he hits the market someone will sign him just not to a big contract but a decent one.

Dallas5xchamps

Reaction score
A 4th? Martin is still one of the best Guards around even if no longer the best, has a $1.8M base salary this year and a $1.3M base salary next year that automatically voids under certain circumstances. So you wouldn’t give up more than a 4th for a year of Zack Martin at less than $2M or you are trying to get a rise out of Cowboy fans? And why would you trade him if doing so post 6/1 only saves you under $2M and doing so before 6/1 crushes your cap as his money that has yet to hit the cap comes due
I don't know alot about trade values. I was going off how the Jones boys deal with trades. They usually come up very short in those situations

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
:facepalm:

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they blow it up there wont be a reason to start over because the fans will be gone
Not true. You must be new as there have been multiple down seasons over that last 28 years. What keeps the fans interested is the history of winning playoff games and superbowls and the hope for future winnings. Having been around since '62, I've experienced a few down years, always followed by great success... well, until the last 28 years.