Twitter: What it was like playing against the great Larry Allen

FVSTONE

Reaction score
that often happened to great players; they would get one last Pro Bowl even if their play had fallen off. LA was still very good and like I said immovable and strong but he was only a shadow of what he had been in his prime
That's a good point, Pro Bowls tend to follow players past their prime, their peers call it RESPECT.

Motorola

Reaction score
Reggie White got the best of Larry Allen in their first few encounters. It was good to see Larry mature and get his revenge on White. Two greats, one on one. RIP to both. :(
And compounding the sorrow about many of the NFL greats dying young...Reggie White passed away nine years younger than Larry Allen...eight days after his 43rd birthday.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I've said it before & I'll say it again. When legendary, HOF defenders who dominated & scared plenty of folks themselves OPENLY talk about just trying to survive and not get too embarrassed by Larry, that's all you need to know about who was the best of the best.

It's an honor & a privilege to witness excellence at unthinkable levels. Thanks for giving us that honor Larry.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Violently miserable getting dominated nearly every play the whole game. Then having to admire the physically gifted football player and athlete God made that was LA Legend.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Larry Allen was a 7 time All Pro, even was named All Pro at RT and LG.

How does that compare with other Cowboys greats in terms of All Pro honors:
  • Bob Lily 9 time ALL PRO (7 times first team, 2 times second team)
  • Zack Martin 9 time ALL PRO (7 times first team, 2 times second team)
  • Randy White 8 time ALL PRO (7 times first team, 1 second team)
  • Larry Allen 7 time ALL PRO (6 times first team, 1 second team)
Zack Martin has a legit shot to be the Cowboys all time ALL PRO if he has a great season in 2024.