What Jerald Jones never understood

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
TheJerald Jones never figured out the feast-and-famine approach.

Jones never understood why foresters burn down acreage, why the farmer rests his land, why nature thins the herd or why Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders are forever young.

See, it is the renewal of nature.
St. Jimmy knew this. He suffered as he knew he would to mold a champion. And then ...

True, lads, Jones has always thought that going to the playoffs every year was sufficient to be a winner, The Super Bowl always "next year" or "We're getting close." If the franchise gets richer, then that is the targeted gravy.

Look at other teams.

They dominate then descend then go dormant and replenish.
It is a cycle, 5-12, 11-6 then a Lombardi and a lousy draft pick number. Nature's way for feast then famine.

Cowboys? We prefer 12-5 annually. As long as the tickets, merch and exclusive rights keep coming in no one at The Star will lose sleep.

But, Jerald, let us go into that good night of dormancy.

Rebuilding is a good thing
Tanking, consciously or not, is the range fire that revives the landscape.

I cannot type more as tears cloud me good eye.

Chasing6

Reaction score
TheJerald Jones never figured out the feast-and-famine approach.

Jones never understood why foresters burn down acreage, why the farmer rests his land, why nature thins the herd or why Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders are forever young.

See, it is the renewal of nature.
St. Jimmy knew this. He suffered as he knew he would to mold a champion. And then ...

True, lads, Jones has always thought that going to the playoffs every year was sufficient to be a winner, The Super Bowl always "next year" or "We're getting close." If the franchise gets richer, then that is the targeted gravy.

Look at other teams.

They dominate then descend then go dormant and replenish.
It is a cycle, 5-12, 11-6 then a Lombardi and a lousy draft pick number. Nature's way for feast then famine.

Cowboys? We prefer 12-5 annually. As long as the tickets, merch and exclusive rights keep coming in no one at The Star will lose sleep.

But, Jerald, let us go into that good night of dormancy.

Rebuilding is a good thing
Tanking, consciously or not, is the range fire that revives the landscape.

I cannot type more as tears cloud me good eye.
Jethro needs to stop being a cheap arse and pay the Cheerleaders already. They Netflix show is an embarrassment.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Jethro needs to stop being a cheap arse and pay the Cheerleaders already. They Netflix show is an embarrassment.
The combined age of the 3 biddies who direct the cheerleading team have a combined age of 200 years.

plasticman

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson didn't want to suffer, he really didn't have a choice. The Cowboys were so devoid of talent that it would have taken several more years to build a good team and teh NFL doesn't grant that much time to head coaches.

If Jimmy had any idea that he would need to "suffer" then he never would have given up the following year's first overall pick by selecting Steve Walsh in the supplemental draft.

As it turns out, they still ended up with the #1 overall pick but that was through a trade.

In 1974 the Cowboys missed terh playoffs, going 8-6. it was time to rebuild. In 1975, their first rebuilding year, the Cowboys went to the Super Bowl. That's how this team needs to rebuild.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson didn't want to suffer, he really didn't have a choice. The Cowboys were so devoid of talent that it would have taken several more years to build a good team and teh NFL doesn't grant that much time to head coaches.

If Jimmy had any idea that he would need to "suffer" then he never would have given up the following year's first overall pick by selecting Steve Walsh in the supplemental draft.

As it turns out, they still ended up with the #1 overall pick but that was through a trade.

In 1974 the Cowboys missed terh playoffs, going 8-6. it was time to rebuild. In 1975, their first rebuilding year, the Cowboys went to the Super Bowl. That's how this team needs to rebuild.
I didn't write that St. Jimmy wanted to suffer.
He just understood the natural and numeric cycles of a team.

kskboys

Reaction score

Denying the cycle doesn't make it so.

Did you take into account that they had a computer system that put them heads and tails above everyone else in the draft? The 1974 O was ranked #1 in the NFL, D was 4th. Did you think about the fact that we stole first round picks from the Oilers for backups? We drafted Too Tall w/ the pick from Houston in 1974.

OK, we're trying to make this a parallel, so where's the first overall pick? As far as that goes, where's the super bowl winning QB?

Sorry, that's just not a good example. Chuck Howley retired. There was a strike in 1974. We traded Morton for the Giants 1st rounder in 75.

You see, if you want to rebuild on the fly as you're suggesting, trades must be made to secure high draft picks. Otherwise, gotta go through the cycle.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jimmy did not do so well in Miami to build a champion.
So maybe it was Jerry after all. :muttley::popcorn:
Didn’t you live down there at that time? Maybe I’m wrong, but I’m surprised you don’t remember that differently.

Jimmy was stuck with Marino in his decline years. He couldn’t get rid of him because of the legend he was. He built a very good roster around him but by the time Marino was ready to quit, so was Jimmy.

They were a playoff team. He didn’t leave Wannstedt with garbage. Not a championship team because they didn’t have the QB.

Although, as much as I love Jimmy Johnson, I don’t know that Dallas wins three SB with his roster if Aikman wasn’t in his lap from go.