What kind of offense will McCarthy run?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He used Cobb all the time in the backfield. Something I thought we would see more of, but didn’t.
That's b/c Cobb isn't good anymore.

I don't buy for one second that McCarthy means Cobb is coming back. McCarthy let him walk, for all we know.

I'm fine with Cobb back as long as he's the #4. They need to get way more explosive in the slot.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
It's going to be a lot of passing. You thought it was bad this year with Moore? Oh boy. Dak has a lot of work to do this offseason because McCarthy is pass heavy, like Moore. I feel sick...

If that is true, this makes the Zeke extension all that more stupid. Heck, we went away from our identity this year. Especially against Philly win that one win gets us in. You only extend Zeke for that money if he is going to be featured like he was to start his career.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Of course he had a choice, because he had a choice in what team he was going to coach. He could have chosen to work with any number of top-10 pick QBs in Daniel Jones, Baker Mayfield, even selected his own at Carolina (Herbert or Tua easily doable with their #7 pick) and instead he chose to have Dak as his QB by choosing to sign that Cowboys contract.

Why on earth would any coach want to work with Baker? He is not good. And coach in Cleveland when they will fire you with no regard after one year? No way.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
will we now be a WCO offense?

will he call the plays?

does the WCO fit Dak's skill set?

those are some questions i would like to know

and has there been a press conference announced?

Dak-Friendly Part III basically we will once again whip on the dog teams and struggle to score Field goals-against playoff-caliber teams!

P.S. Unless Jerry brings in a new QB then there just might be an improvement....

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I suspect he'll realize he's got a good running game in Dallas and doesn't have Aaron Rodgers. Methinks he'll run more than he did in Green Bay.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I wonder how much watching how bad the Eagles were on Sunday played into Jerry finally agreeing to pull the plug on Garrett.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
If they had hired McCarthy after a couple of weeks of interviewing top coaches, I would have been okay with the hire. But hiring him after talking to just Marvin Lewis?

The Jones are idiots and did not do their due diligence here. Hopefully, it works out, but just like the foundation, they laid when they fired Garrett, the foundation that they've laid in hiring McCarthy has been poor. Anything you build on top of that will likely be worse off as a result.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Hopefully one that scores when the Defense is shutting down the opposition. And one that scores when the Defense can't shut down the opposition. And one that scores even when the opposition is down by 3+.

I'd love total offensive domination. We had the "#1" Offense this year, let's double it.

Outscore everyone by 30+ on our way to #6.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Well, it definitely won't be run up the middle on every. single. 1st down. So, that'll be nice not to see. :D