What kind of season did Aaron Glenn have for Jacksonville?

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Hindsight. But, many here were a bit nervous with what was thought a pre-mature cutting of a proven vet 3rd CB.

I am one that wants to see if young players can play (at least early in season), but did this come and bit us at the end of this season?

It's all moot, because if Seattle last year and NY Giants this year can cover with patchwork secondaries, then what difference does it make, but just curious what kind of year the old guy had?

LarryCanadian.

khiladi

Reaction score
LarryCanadian;1900917 said:
Hindsight. But, many here were a bit nervous with what was thought a pre-mature cutting of a proven vet 3rd CB.

I am one that wants to see if young players can play (at least early in season), but did this come and bit us at the end of this season?

It's all moot, because if Seattle last year and NY Giants this year can cover with patchwork secondaries, then what difference does it make, but just curious what kind of year the old guy had?

LarryCanadian.

Wade should have started playing Ball and Brown way more in the season to get them ready, because Reeves was starting to blow chunks mid-way into the season...

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
khiladi;1900931 said:
Wade should have started playing Ball and Brown way more in the season to get them ready, because Reeves was starting to blow chunks mid-way into the season...

How are you going to prepare two 7th round picks to start in under one season? These guys were supposed to be nothing more than situational players, if that.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
LarryCanadian;1900917 said:

LarryCanadian.

I think he rode the pine most of the year. Glenn was good in the locker room but bad on the field.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
khiladi;1900931 said:

I bet you a nickel you're exactly right on Ball. The coaches supposedly liked him for a while, and you could tell from Wade's late preseason comments that he didn't trust Reeves.

He might not have been a bit better than Reeves, but I doubt he'd have been worse. So I bet they do wish they'd worked him in in sooner just in case he could have helped.