What kind of sports fan are you?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I am first and foremost a die-hard Cowboys fan. No other team or sport compares to Cowboys football. I do get into preseason, but only when it comes to my team. Since I have moved away from Texas, I don't have the luxury of watching much preseason. But if they televise it in my area, I'm all over it. Going to try and listen to tonight's game via 1310 The Ticket.

I do have interests in other sports/teams. But it's more of a Texas thang for me. #1 by far, the Cowboys. I do try and keep up with the Rangers, Mavericks, and Stars. I love college football. So I always want to know how the A&M Aggies are doing. I'm really going to be paying close attention to A&M this year.

Heck, I even watch tennis. Especially all of the grand slams. NASCAR gets a nod as well. Fan of Dale Jr. And I cannot forget soccer. I grew up playing the sport for roughly 13 years. So I am rather fond of the U.S. National team.

All in all, it really boils down to football. Nothing else compares.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys first and foremost. But I watch a little Longhorn football here and there, too.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Keith Vetter;3506126 said:
I am a two team guy. I watch the Cowboys and the Longhorns. I never miss a televised game. But that is it. My season ends when the Cowboys and Longhorns seasons end. I haven't watched a Superbowl since the Cowboys beat the Steelers.

Wow, that's off the charts Dallas Cowboys blue blood. I at least watch some of the Super Bowl every year.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Keith "Don't Call Me Eddie" Vetter is a true Cowboys fan. :bow:

preacher238

Reaction score
I am a die hard Cowboys and Longhorns fan. I do follow the Rangers and Spurs from a distance, but live and die with the Cowboys and to a lesser extent, the Longhorns.

I do root against Philthydelphia, Foreskins, and Gints...whenever I can!

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Sometimes I like watching the NFL in general more than the Cowboys. At least then I can enjoy the games, w/ the Cowboys I get pissy.

"Oh, thats not a holding?? OK, so we arent going to call holding anymore? Watch this replay, look, omg thats holding you ****ing **** mouth"

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Keith Vetter;3506126 said:
I am a two team guy. I watch the Cowboys and the Longhorns. I never miss a televised game. But that is it. My season ends when the Cowboys and Longhorns seasons end. I haven't watched a Superbowl since the Cowboys beat the Steelers.

Sorry, not buying that. You can’t hide from the Super Bowl. But “if” that’s true, how could the Cowboys winning the Super Bowl mean anything to you when you see no value in it? Will you watch the Super Bowl in Dallas Cowboys Stadium if the Cowboys are not playing in it?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I am an avid Cowboys fan first and foremost. After that I am an NFL fan in general and will watch the Sunday night and Monday night games even if the Cowboys are not playing. But I may skip the afternoon games if the Cowboys are not playing.

I am a marginal College football fan but follow only the Texas teams (UT, Texas Tech, A&M etc.) and not closely. I make time for the Red River Rivelry game each year and the UT/Tech game. Other than that I watch whatever is on at the Sports Bar I hang out at if nothing more interesting is going on.

I am a Spurs fan in the NBA which doesn't play well in the Dallas area. But I don't watch a lot of games except during the playoffs. And then mostly the Spurs or Mavs or whatever happens to be on at the Sports Bar.

I am a Dallas Stars fan but only watch if they are on at the Sports Bar, though I do try to make it out to a game or two each year.

I am a Kevin Harvick fan in NASCAR and try to make it out to the April race at Texas Moter Speedway. The November race is on opening weekend of Deer Season so I don't make it to that one. I only watch the races on TV if one happens to be on at the Sports Bar.

Baseball and Soccer are not sports so I don't watch them at all...Not even at the Sports Bar.

superonyx

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3506227 said:
Sometimes I like watching the NFL in general more than the Cowboys. At least then I can enjoy the games, w/ the Cowboys I get pissy.

"Oh, thats not a holding?? OK, so we arent going to call holding anymore? Watch this replay, look, omg thats holding you ****ing **** mouth"

You sound like me. I swear that the refs are really against the cowboys. I do sometimes find myself enjoying the NFL in general more than my cowboys. At least when around friends. I usually watch the games a little isolated. And i have a group of friends that all text each other back and forth about the others teams failures during the games. Nothing makes a pass interference call worse than having your friends text message you about what a great call it was when you just got done cursing the ref and his mother out over the call.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
I am pretty much one Sport guy. Soccer I can watch when its World Cup time. Same with Basketball, Jordon was the only time I followed it closely. Can't stand baseball and don't know a lick of it. I do watch Cricket ( The british game), since I almost played Semi-pro and played for my college, but not like before.

Football I can watch most teams one season starts, watch a lot of college football when I can. Michigan fan. Minor interest in Lions since I lived in Detroit for 8 years. If not Cowboys are it.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Cowboys, Rangers, NCAA Football and Basketball, tour de france, Major Championships. And of course the olympics every four years, not so much the world cup.

Pretty much gets me through the year with very little down time between events. Cowboys and Rangers are the only teams I follow closely, though I actually enjoy NCAA more than NFL these days (unless of course its the Cowboys).

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Plenty of things that compare. Florida gator football and basketball, Boston celtics basketball. I love the NBA and march madness. I love the Dallas Cowboys, but when it's the offseason I root for the team which sport is in season. Guys like DCFANATIC, Hostile, Shango are cowboys 24/7. I'm just ready for sept 12, because this preseason is very painful.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
I'm this kinda fan:

Cowboys
Cowboys
Cowboys
Seattle Mariners from March until NFL Draft or M's are mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs, which ever comes first
Cowboys
Cowboys
Arizona State (alma matter)
Cowboys
Montana Grizzlies (parents/grandparents alma matter)
Cowboys
Cowboys

Wood

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboy football only unless its playoff baseball. I made deal with girlfriend that I wouldnt watch College football..and that Sat would be our day to do things together...but come sunday...its on. I usually cook up huge dinner and feast while watching game with few friends.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Cowboys and Spurs are my teams

I have not watched baseball since Nolan Ryan retired.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys

...and Nebraska. (my girl went there).

That's all I care about. I can't really just watch random NFL games, because I really don't care about any other team.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Rynie;3506304 said:
Cowboys

...and Nebraska. (my girl went there).

That's all I care about. I can't really just watch random NFL games, because I really don't care about any other team.

I hear ya! By the way, your avatar......

HILARIOUS!

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
I'm a two sport kind of guy, but football will always be #1. The other sport I pay any attention to is basketball. For football and basketball, I like both pro and college and enjoy watching either on tv. However, it is only when one of my teams are playing, that my attention is undivided.

My teams are as follows:

Dallas Cowboys - I bleed blue and silver and no other color. I am only 24 so I first started really paying attention to everything Cowboys right before the draft we took S Roy Williams. Since then there is rarely a day that I don't need to read, see, or discuss something Cowboys. Thank goodness for this site.

Baylor Basketball - I attended Baylor for 2 years and lived in Waco for another 4 years. During that time I've seen the Baylor basketball team go from not having a non-conference schedule due to penalties and winning 5 or 6 conference games to going to the elite eight and being talked about by a number of very good recruits as a possible destination spot in the next few years.

Baylor Football - Being a fan of Baylor football is kind of like being a fan of the Detroit Lions. There might be a slight amount of optimism in the offseason, but you know that when football starts, you are going to suck.

Spurs Basketball - Like the Cowboys, I was raised a Spurs fan. Growing up around San Antonio helped that. However, I don't really start following them closely (or the NBA for that matter) until playoff time. I'll check on them periodically, and if I come across a game on tv I'll leave it on. But its playoff time where games become important.