What kind of year would Michael Gallup be having?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Your arguing with a guy that agrees with you. Dumbest thing I have ever seen. I refuse to get caught up in cutting up a player a really like.

You and I don't agree. Don't get mixed up on that please. I don't agree that a number one is the guy you most like or whatever you base a number one on. There are defined roles as to what X, Y and Z do in a traditional offense. We don't agree on what the ceiling might be for Gallup. There are a lot of things we don't agree on.

Besides, I believe "Get Lost" was your advice for me, was it not? Yet you continue to post. Seems like you just can't let it end. Me personally, I think you should follow your own advice. JMO

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You and I don't agree. Don't get mixed up on that please. I don't agree that a number one is the guy you most like or whatever you base a number one on. There are defined roles as to what X, Y and Z do in a traditional offense. We don't agree on what the ceiling might be for Gallup. There are a lot of things we don't agree on.

Besides, I believe "Get Lost". Yet you continue to post. Seems like you just can't let it end. Me personally, I think you should follow your own advice here. JMO

Ignore button...…...poof goes the goof.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ignore button...…...poof goes the goof.

Music to my ears. I'm all good with that solution. I hope you pressed it 10 times fast. If not, go back and do the job right. Good luck and good riddance. LOL.........

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak could anticipate players being open what kind of year would Michael Gallup be having?

He could seriously be considered one of the top offensive rookies if his QB could find him.

That guy is a talent.
Of course Dak playing better wouldn't only benefit Gallup. Beasley, Hurns, Thompson and Austin would all have benefitted as well, and that may have perpetuated the WR by committee philosophy.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Of course Dak playing better wouldn't only benefit Gallup. Beasley, Hurns, Thompson and Austin would all have benefitted as well, and that may have perpetuated the WR by committee philosophy.

Yeah, who really knows where horrible Ideas come from right? I mean, once they are made, it's not like anybody wants to stand up and take credit for them. LOL........

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, who really knows where horrible Ideas come from right? I mean, once they are made, it's not like anybody wants to stand up and take credit for them. LOL........

I don't think that was really the initial plan anyway. If it was, why would they have made a strong run at Sammy Watkins. I think they went with that once they found they had missed the boat on a top receiver.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak could anticipate players being open what kind of year would Michael Gallup be having?

He could seriously be considered one of the top offensive rookies if his QB could find him.

That guy is a talent.

No WR will find stardom in our house....the reason is well known.....

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't think that was really the initial plan anyway. If it was, why would they have made a strong run at Sammy Watkins. I think they went with that once they found they had missed the boat on a top receiver.

I think you are correct, at least in part. However, somebody made the decision to go with what we had and there were opportunities to sign guys. Watkins was not the only player available to sign. It's always easier to make this kind of analysis after the fact, which is kinda what I'm doing now but I don't feel like we did everything we could have to get a WR. That's just my opinion.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you are correct, at least in part. However, somebody made the decision to go with what we had and there were opportunities to sign guys. Watkins was not the only player available to sign. It's always easier to make this kind of analysis after the fact, which is kinda what I'm doing now but I don't feel like we did everything we could have to get a WR. That's just my opinion.

Watkins may have been the only one that really carried #1 receiver potential, and even with him it was pretty questionable given that he was a few years removed from a top season. But, in any case, I agree the team did a poor job of building a receiving group. Cooper and Gallup are likely going to save the team from being dismal in that area, but the damage to the first half of the season is done.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Watkins may have been the only one that really carried #1 receiver potential, and even with him it was pretty questionable given that he was a few years removed from a top season. But, in any case, I agree the team did a poor job of building a receiving group. Cooper and Gallup are likely going to save the team from being dismal in that area, but the damage to the first half of the season is done.

Things that make you go, Humm right? I mean, I look at the WRs we had and I can't even say that we had a decent 2 on the team. I mean, any way you look at this, we were not prepared with the talent on the team at WR to deal with the upcoming season. I mean, New England got Gordon for a 5th. Now, certainly he is not the guy you are looking for as a long term solution but in the short term, he could have helped. Brandon Cooks to LA, just off the top of my head, guys were certainly there. We just did a really crappy job of addressing it, you are absolutely correct and what really sucks is that this is a year that a team who may not have been strong in all areas could have walked away with the NFC East. Every single team in this division has flaws. You don't piss that first part of the season away and we may be in the lead for this division right now. Who knows right?

Verdict

Reaction score
Dez is better then Cooper and Dez plus our first round pick back is way better then Cooper.

Cooper is a Miles Austin clone. Nothing wrong with that.

Dez sucks. That's why he's back in the land of non football playing people again. Dez couldn't even make it to the first game.

His contract screamed "I'm desperate, will work for food!"