What makes this place great

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like so many of you fellow Cowboys fans, I choose to spend several hours a week tossing out my opinions on my favorite team. I really do love this forum we have- It’s fun and interesting and entertaining.

What makes this place great IMO and what keeps me here even when I’m frustrated with how my favorite team is being run- is all the great fans I’ve gotten to know here. It’s like an extended family. I have developed some real friendships with some really great people. Several that I disagree with often! :)

I really do appreciate all our fans who care enough about the Cowboys to write an opinion about them here. This place was never invented to be some kind of country club where we all agree. It’s an opinion forum. And I’m grateful for the variety of opinions served up hot and fresh every day. It’s what makes this place work.

Many years ago I stopped letting the Cowboys’ results in any way affect my happiness or enjoyment. I'm a father, grandfather and cancer survivor who enjoys every day with sincere gratitude. And this forum and the people who show up here and contribute are what makes it tick.

It’s the off-season and so far it hasn’t been a good one. But for me this forum and the great people who show up here keep it fun.

Here an off-season tip of the cap and raise of the glass to all my fellow Cowboys Zone fans who make this place great. Cheers.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Like so many of you fellow Cowboys fans, I choose to spend several hours a week tossing out my opinions on my favorite team. I really do love this forum we have- It’s fun and interesting and entertaining.

What makes this place great IMO and what keeps me here even when I’m frustrated with how my favorite team is being run- is all the great fans I’ve gotten to know here. It’s like an extended family. I have developed some real friendships with some really great people. Several that I disagree with often! :)

I really do appreciate all our fans who care enough about the Cowboys to write an opinion about them here. This place was never invented to be some kind of country club where we all agree. It’s an opinion forum. And I’m grateful for the variety of opinions served up hot and fresh every day. It’s what makes this place work.

Many years ago I stopped letting the Cowboys’ results in any way affect my happiness or enjoyment. I'm a father, grandfather and cancer survivor who enjoys every day with sincere gratitude. And this forum and the people who show up here and contribute are what makes it tick.

It’s the off-season and so far it hasn’t been a good one. But for me this forum and the great people who show up here keep it fun.

Here an off-season tip of the cap and raise of the glass to all my fellow Cowboys Zone fans who make this place great. Cheers.

Yeah I mean I still care about the Cowboys and always will but the main reason I'm a Cowboys fan is my family are Cowboys fans. Has more to do with my loyalty to my family than any perceived loyalty to our snake oil salesman owner who's failed for almost 3 decades now.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Bob, you have reflected how I feel in your kind words.
Of course you have stated them much more eloquently than I could have.
This forum has helped keep me interested in the cowboys than I otherwise would be.
Thanks you to the mods and other posters for your time and efforts.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I wonder what the "there's still the draft" crew is gonna say after the draft.

I mean, what are they expecting to happen thats going to turn things dramatically?

I guess they expect another Parsons miracle. Not reasonable. Even so, the rest of it would need to be miles better than last years was to this point.

Just saying....can't at all realistically expect a rookie class to make that much of an impact in year one.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'll wait until after the draft to figure out how the offseason has gone. One, obviously the draft but also many players will become available after the draft.
Then, we have the developing moves up until the regular season. It's far too early to make a call.

nobody

Reaction score
I wonder what the "there's still the draft" crew is gonna say after the draft.

I mean, what are they expecting to happen thats going to turn things dramatically?

I guess they expect another Parsons miracle. Not reasonable. Even so, the rest of it would need to be miles better than last years was to this point.

Just saying....can't at all realistically expect a rookie class to make that much of an impact in year one.

We'll see after the draft. I don't have any expectations for next season. I have a feeling they'll have a worse record than last season. But it won't bother me if they do. I'll still root for them. I don't spend anything on the team or support Jerry in any way and there's nothing I can do to change things, so I'll watch and hope they get lucky.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, so far the off-season has sucked, but there's still the draft and even better there's all the people here to talk to. All you guys here are a huge reason why I even still follow the team.
I'll go a step further, they are the reason I still follow this team.

Started on the old DC.com and then we came over on the three ships I'm Never Wrong, Some Opinions are Just Facts and the largest, Oh Yeah? So Are You!

I went looking for a place to talk Cowboys and football and to waste some time and I found so much more and a great investment of time. Just seeing the names up there when I come here makes me feel good. Part of the world is still right.

This place is fun and funny and there are some excellent observations about the game and the team made in the football zones but where I've gotten to know so many better are in the non football zones where we let our hair down. I let so much of mine down I don't have any left.

I've said this before and it bears repeating. There is no way I could explain how important this is to me to other people. They would have to experience it and get to know the people behind the names, people I will never meet that have enriched my life. And I get to know the quality of the person through their prose.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Very well said! :D :D

:thumbup:

fivetwos

Reaction score
We'll see after the draft. I don't have any expectations for next season. I have a feeling they'll have a worse record than last season. But it won't bother me if they do. I'll still root for them. I don't spend anything on the team or support Jerry in any way and there's nothing I can do to change things, so I'll watch and hope they get lucky.
Yep that's fair.

As a team, they may in fact be better than last year. Sometimes less is more.

My point is that "there's still the draft" is a typical response to how bad the offseason has been. Even if the draft goes as good as it possibly can, how does that change that narrative?

Even with the Parsons miracle, we didn't know the impact he would make until the season started.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just to add to what others have said ..

I know it can get frustrating at times especially when the negativity level remains high for a long period of time, but I think this community provides a great place for Cowboys fans to share and voice their thoughts, opinions, excitement and of course frustrations as needed.

The best thing about this community I think is that there is almost always someone else (or several someones) who agrees with you on some level so it makes everyone feel like a part of the community and not alone in their thinking.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I've made some good friends on here and even serve on the advisory board for a company owned by a member that I met here. We have become good friends @waldoputty
That said, some piss me off and that leads to me being punished, but it keeps it interesting.