What part of the O worries you most?

DLCassidy

Reaction score
I'm worried about these things too. That doesn't mean I'm not hopeful or positive.

Hoov

Reaction score
Im picking depth at wr, given that the 2 starters are in their 30's, after that we have a less than 100% morgan and some really green players. I wouldnt say im worried in a doom and gloom sort of way, but i think its likely we will lose either Key or Glenn at least for a few games this year due to nagging injury. maybe both miss some time.

The running game i am not worried about, same for RT, someone will step up and be at least "adequate" as long as the rest of the line plays well. i think bledsoe can still perform his role if the rest of the team plays well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The O-line in general, to be effective they must perform as an entire unit. They must stay on the same page with each other.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
QB. While it might be good for Henson or Romo to get playing time due to an injury, I think it would be disaster for the team over all.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
QB. While it might be good for Henson or Romo to get playing time due to an injury, I think it would be disaster for the team over all.

I agree with QB and not just because of Romo/Henson, but because I am not convinced Bledsoe is the answer.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
junk said:
I agree with QB and not just because of Romo/Henson, but because I am not convinced Bledsoe is the answer.

Well yeah, there's that. I just didn't want to start another 18 page holy war so close to 5 o'clock.

LOL!!

The Curly One

Reaction score
The offensive line is and has been our biggest problem since 2000. I do think we will make improvements this year but it remains to be seen if it is enough.
I have no faith at all in larry Allen on pass protection but I think the rest may turn out OK. We have to protect our Quarterback, that is what I have been saying for several years and until you do you will get sacks, fumbles and interceptions. That is with every quarterback.

I am excited about the defense this year for a change, I think they may have finally made some good improvements there and it should show.

Bledsoe has to be better than Vinny but I am not expecting him to set the world on fire. Still every improvement helps us overall.

For the last several years the Cowboys, Giants and the Commanders have been so bad that the Eagles were guarenteed 6 wins from our division. This year will close the gap some. So for the first time in several years I have higher expectations from the Cowboys. This has been the NFC least for several years and just because the Eagles have been winning our division does not mean much coming from the NFC Least. Curly

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
I am not worried about QB at all. Drew Bledsoe is a good QB and will do better then some in here think. If Bledsoe should get hurt I think Drew Henson will surprise alot of people every where. Im stickin to my prediction of if Bledsoe should get hurt and be out more then 4 games he wont get his job back from Henson. I think we are good at QB.

OL Im not worried about either. I think we will see a good RT. I wouldnt be surprised if Pettiti takes over the job some time this year if not by sometime in preseason. Larry Allen sounds much more ready and fired up this year so that will help a huge amount.

JJ. Im not worried there either. Other RB like ATrain and Barber are gonna get quite a few carries to so we can always have a fresh RB in at some time in the game. JJ will get his 1000 yards but the other guys will get a number of carries to and the will be good for everyone.

WR is easily the biggest concern. Already Morgon is injured but no big deal since he isnt any good to begin with. Then we have to average and past their prime WR in Keyshawn and Glenn as our starters both comin off of serious injuries. After that we have garbage at WR.

Maybe next year we can at least start to make some big changes at WR. Hopefully some real good players step up this year in college and the WR selection will be alot better then what the draft experts think.

Gent

Reaction score
WR sticks out to me. Glenn is getting up in years and has been somewhat fragile throughout his career. Key is durable and productive, but not a playmaker anymore. Morgan is a bust until proven otherwise. After those guys it's just wishful thinking. We have to cross our fingers until the draft.

I'm not feeling great about the O-line, either. Some claim Rivera isn't old for a guard, but I think he is. Are there any starting guards older than him? Oh yeah, there's Larry Allen. So we have the league's oldest guard tandem, an inconsistent LT, a puzzle at RT, and mixed reviews at center. I think they'll pull it together, but there's definite disaster potential here.

-Gent

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wolverine said:
WR is easily the biggest concern. Already Morgon is injured but no big deal since he isnt any good to begin with. Then we have to average and past their prime WR in Keyshawn and Glenn as our starters both comin off of serious injuries. After that we have garbage at WR.
3 things in life never change:

Death, taxes, and Wolverine running our WR's in the ground constantly. At least you are consistent.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gent said:
WR sticks out to me. Glenn is getting up in years and has been somewhat fragile throughout his career. Key is durable and productive, but not a playmaker anymore. Morgan is a bust until proven otherwise. After those guys it's just wishful thinking. We have to cross our fingers until the draft.

I'm not feeling great about the O-line, either. Some claim Rivera isn't old for a guard, but I think he is. Are there any starting guards older than him? Oh yeah, there's Larry Allen. So we have the league's oldest guard tandem, an inconsistent LT, a puzzle at RT, and mixed reviews at center. I think they'll pull it together, but there's definite disaster potential here.

-Gent
:welcome: to the board!!!!!!!

For the record, I pretty much completely disagree with everything you said.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoov said:
Im picking depth at wr, given that the 2 starters are in their 30's, after that we have a less than 100% morgan and some really green players. I wouldnt say im worried in a doom and gloom sort of way, but i think its likely we will lose either Key or Glenn at least for a few games this year due to nagging injury. maybe both miss some time.

The running game i am not worried about, same for RT, someone will step up and be at least "adequate" as long as the rest of the line plays well. i think bledsoe can still perform his role if the rest of the team plays well.

We didn't have any depth behind Irvin or Harper, never had that 2nd guy to compliment Irvin after Harper left. Yes, we had some good back up / role players. But Not much different than now, other than the WR now have more potential than The ones from the 90's. All the WR's that came through and not one lived up to any expectations. Unless you count Jimmy Smith, but letting him go can not be counted as a bonehead mistake. it was an injury issue at the time. So I am more concerned with the RT than WR. Only because our WR core is in place, and RT is not, at this time, pre-camp. I am not concerned with their age at this point, they are still very productive. Can't factor in injuries, or injury prone, because that can and will happen to every team. Evaluate as if all will be healthy, it's part of the game

QB is dependent on too many factors, as you seen what happened to Troy with and without an OL. Same can be said for many talented QB's Aikman, young, Marino, Elway), and not so talented QB's (Dilfer, Johnson).

RB's are in place and have depth and experience with A-Train. No concern here.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
I think the poll results are about right although I'm slightly more worried about RT than WR but it's close.

Trophy#6

Reaction score
Depth at wr. Unless Morgan or Crayton really step it up this year, which they didn't last year- when Glenn goes down, and he will, we'll be in the same boat as last year. I want to believe though that Parcells really sees something in one of the two abovementioned or he would have upgraded the position somehow. Certainly he can't still be blinded by graduer of what he thinks his former, aging, players can still do. Keyshawn is the exception, not the rule.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Trophy#6 said:
Depth at wr. Unless Morgan or Crayton really step it up this year, which they didn't last year- when Glenn goes down, and he will, we'll be in the same boat as last year.

Yeh, what did you give him last time, three games?

I hope you're around to eat crow if he makes it thru the whole season. And a double helping if he can do for this O what Tuna thinks he can

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If you had said Bledsoe staying healthy for the entire season I'd have voted for that. JJ would hurt the most right now if he goes down. After that I'd list Key and Glenn then the OL.

But any of those could change if others step it up in TC. JMO. They're all vital for a very anemic O for some time now.

Reaction score
Good post Curly & others...

I am really not worried about anything on offense, I think were finally headed in the right direction on D...
So that is going to make a huge diff. right there...
No more having to score 35 + to win games...

No, actually were set up MUCH better as a TEAM then in many many Moons!
:cool:

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
Trophy#6 said:
Depth at wr. Unless Morgan or Crayton really step it up this year, which they didn't last year- when Glenn goes down, and he will, we'll be in the same boat as last year. I want to believe though that Parcells really sees something in one of the two abovementioned or he would have upgraded the position somehow. Certainly he can't still be blinded by graduer of what he thinks his former, aging, players can still do. Keyshawn is the exception, not the rule.

I agree with LTN I hope you are ready to eat crow. And I belive Crayton will step up, in some respects he already has. He has made several key catches if he can continue to do that I think he will do well for us.

As Dale said in one of his recent articles
And who can forget Week 16 against the Commanders when Crayton made two huge plays in the final drive, including the game-winning 39-yard touchdown reception with only 30 seconds to play. Crayton, who had not played an offensive down that entire game, subbed in for an exhausted Terrance Copper on the key fourth-and-10 play, and caught a 15-yard pass to keep the drive alive.

Crayton, an all-purpose quarterback in college at tiny Northwestern Oklahoma State, spent 2004 transitioning to wide receiver. But he certainly looked the part against the Commanders and then in the season finale in New York, when Keyshawn Johnson went down in the first quarter with a fractured foot. Crayton stepped right in to catch five passes for 58 yards against the Giants.

I think Crayton has proved he has the skills and the right mindset, now it is a matter of reps, and continuing to improve. Which with his good attitude IMHO he will.