What pisses me off about this current roster

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
In the 90s...they sat together as a team. Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt, Haley, etc....were always up and in the faces of their teammates. They were always looking to fire them up. They were alway there if a bad play happened to pick em up and to give em support. "We'll get em next time." There was complete fire and passion on that sideline.

This current team is just dead on the sidelines. Romo sits alone. He is never there trying to pump up his OL or his receivers. The defense just hangs around. No one is yelling or getting rowdy. We are absolutely dainty on the sidelines. The only person who ever seems animated is TO, and he gets a total bad rap for it. This team needs some fire and passion. This team needs a serious kick in the balls. What this team needs is to be locked up in a room with 1 toilet, 1 roll of TP and without windows, food, water, and A/C for an entire weekend. Maybe that would light a fire in their bellies.

I honestly see only a few guys out there acting as a team. Our OL isnt acting like a team. They miss assignments and leave one another hangin. Our STs doesnt work together. You never see one guy sacrifice himself to take out 2-3 blockers so his teammates can get a clear shot at the KR. Our secondary doesn't communicate and leaves each other hangin and getting burnt.

So far the only players I have no beef with this season are TO, Witten, Barber, Felix, Ware, Thomas, and Folk.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
TO does his part......but Ellis, Flo, Romo (6th year in the league) all need to step up and be more vocal and intense.

BTW, Irvin was a leader in his rookie season. Emmitt was a leader in his rookie season. Aikman was a leader in his rookie season.

We have a bunch of softies that are afraid to hurt the feelings of their teammates....I want to see some fights amongst teammates. I want them to hate each other and then take it out on the opponent.....and then love each other after the game is over.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2336223 said:
TO does his part......but Ellis, Flo, Romo (6th year in the league) all need to step up and be more vocal and intense.

BTW, Irvin was a leader in his rookie season. Emmitt was a leader in his rookie season. Aikman was a leader in his rookie season.

We have a bunch of softies that are afraid to hurt the feelings of their teammates....I want to see some fights amongst teammates. I want them to hate each other and then take it out on the opponent.....and then love each other after the game is over.

Aikman Irvin and Emmitt are gone get over it we will never see players like them again,

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
You guys played, right? Did you have everyone screaming in each others' faces every time you went off the field?

When guys came and screamed in your face, did you like it?

I would like to see Tony try to look more like a leader and not stick his lip out on the sideline, but for the most part this whole "fire everyone up" thing is way overrated.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2336252 said:
You guys played, right? Did you have everyone screaming in each others' faces every time you went off the field?

I would like to see Tony try to look more like a leader and not stick his lip out on the sideline, but for the most part this whole "fire everyone up" thing is way overrated.

Im not saying yelling in anger....but yelling out encouragement and so forth. not just going to the bench all alone and sulking.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score

I don't want people to scream in their face the way Coughlin used to be however some more passion and fire and stuff....Who is the leader of the Dallas cowboys. Every team you can look at and go that's the leader and who is ours?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2336236 said:
Aikman Irvin and Emmitt are gone get over it we will never see players like them again,

what is ur problem man...u have some issues u need to resolve.

I am not talking about players like the triplets...i am talking about onfield leaders. We simply dont have them and we need them desperately.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
hey Biggems

#1 they just look dead like Zombies on the sidelines

#2 you have the coolest name on this site

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2336283 said:
what is ur problem man...u have some issues u need to resolve.

I am not talking about players like the triplets...i am talking about onfield leaders. We simply dont have them and we need them desperately.

still it's going to be hard to find rookies who want to be leaders consider the ones we got Felix is happy being a back up and stuff Bennett is lazy and everyone else don't get enough playing time to even matter....

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2336236 said:
I said the same thing when we had Staubach, Dorsett and Pearson.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
I may be wrong here, but I thought it was widely reported how the Defense didnt get along with the Offense, and vise versa(in the 90's)

Evidence was when Emmitt got the MVP of Super Bowl XXVIII over James Washington. I think it was a press conference with Casillas where it seemed he spoke for the entire defense saying stuff like how the Offense always gets the credit, blah, blah, blah.

Basically what Im tryin to say, it didnt seem to be a perfect team atmosphere at Valley Ranch in the glory days during the 90's. But I do agree that there was leadership and intensity that doesnt show now...

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Biggems;2336223 said:

Look at the head coach.

We took on Parcells personality when he was here, now this team is taking on Phillips personality.

I'm not ready to write us off this year, but Phillips really needs to look at his ways of doing things. Because in this situation, the "everything is ok" does not work. It's called adversity, and hopefully we can handle it.

MONT17

Reaction score
U make a good point I'm watching SB XXX right now and u r right! Larry Brown made a play and Nate's big butt was the first to help him up on the sidelines to give him a pat on backside!

phillycard

Reaction score
It's tough to make comparisons to teams from that era. Todays player just isn't built for the mental grind that comes from being accountable to all 52 other men on the roster. Too many egos and softies to accept the best player on your team yelling at you to "pick it up". Players like Marino and Aikman chewed your behind out, but were usually the first one to congratulate you when you made a play.

Boysboy

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2336772 said:
Look at the head coach.

We took on Parcells personality when he was here, now this team is taking on Phillips personality.

I'm not ready to write us off this year, but Phillips really needs to look at his ways of doing things. Because in this situation, the "everything is ok" does not work. It's called adversity, and hopefully we can handle it.

You're joking me, right?

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score

I think you nailed it, Chocolate.

Eli was a twerp who "didn't care enough" until he won the Super Bowl. Same dude, but now that body language signifies cool-as-a-cucumber to the masses.

Body language is going to be interpreted, as it so often is with Romo and Owens. Like you said, I cringe whenever I see Romo get droopy-headed on the sideline. But that didn't prevent him from firing that beauty of a pass to Witten to force overtime. So does it matter if he's not jumping up and down on the sideline?

More times than not, I think body language isn't the cause, but the effect (or something like that). Meaning, if Romo plays poorly, you interpret his body language as that of a loser; if he plays well, you'd look at that same body language as stoic or along those lines.

My problem with this team's leadership isn't the verbal or non-verbal communication during games. It's the play. You see guys like Bradie James talk a great game all week and put everything in perspective. But when has he ever made a play of significance late in a game?

I'm more worried about that than I am body language.

Leadership is more about going out and MAKING the play, then telling everyone else beforehand that it needs to be made.