What Player Do You NOT want at 10

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Horn. I like him as a player. But 10 is too high. That would be reaching for need

Farley. I was on the Farley train, but his back issues scare me too much for a top 10 pick

Pity. Like the player, just dont think he will be productive enough for a top 10 guy

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wouldn't pass up in Chase at 10. Near lock to be catching 80-100 balls for the next 10 years. We need defensive talent, but I wouldn't pass up a franchise caliber player like Chase for a defender in this draft. It would be akin to taking Bryant in 2010 when we signed Austin and needed OL

Dalmations202

Reaction score
I would hate any offensive player not name Lawrence, Wilson, or Fields to be taken at 10. To many defensive needs. I would be OK if they drafted one of the top three QBs though to develop because it is an awesome trade chip later down the line --- if you had them as the BPA.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I wouldn't pass up in Chase at 10. Near lock to be catching 80-100 balls for the next 10 years. We need defensive talent, but I wouldn't pass up a franchise caliber player like Chase for a defender in this draft. It would be akin to taking Bryant in 2010 when we signed Austin and needed OL

Agreed, he can step in for Gallup, and we’d have two of our 3 star WRs on rookie deals for a few years.

Gaede

Reaction score
What's the bad vibe? Seriously interested, as I haven't heard anything from the scouts.

That stuff about hazing, and that there are a few more big questions for a top 10 prospect than I'm comfortable with. None of this qualifies as super bad or anything, but it's enough to make me nervous

kskboys

Reaction score
That stuff about hazing, and that there are a few more big questions for a top 10 prospect than I'm comfortable with. None of this qualifies as super bad or anything, but it's enough to make me nervous
That's actually good to hear, as it doesn't sound serious.

Parsons is a plug and play type player. He'd upgrade our D immediately out the gate. Freakishly fast and athletic.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I prefer going OL over any other player. Won’t be mad at Surtain. Horn, Parsons or Collins (one of my pet cat’s). I know we need CB but these aren’t top 10 caliber corners. Are Surtain and Horn that much better Diggs who went 50 something?

Patrick Surtain was the primary CB for Alabama while Diggs was his teammate.

Surtain is a sure fire starter at 10 and being compared to Jalen Ramsey which is a real good thing.

Horn is a player too but better value in a trade down.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Pitts. Nothing to do with the player, everything to do with much bigger needs at several other positions.
Same here, except it has to do with the player himself in my case.

For this team at this time, any production from him would only take away from the capable receivers we already have.

Similar to last year when Lamb was added to our 30 PPG offense.....people starting saying we would now score 40. Doesn't work that way.

I realize people think Pitts will be uncoverable in the NFL, but it just isn't true.

He needs to go to the right team that will feature him or you'll see numbers similar to Hockensen.

Is that worth a top 10 pick? No way.

MiddleStar

Reaction score
Horn (and Farley now that he is injured). I want no part of Horn in the 1st. Eli Apple v. 2.0

cnuball21

Reaction score
Forgetting our needs. The only players I like at pick 10 are the WR's (Chase, Waddle, Smith), Slater, and Pitts. So I feel like anybody we take isn't gonna be a use of our top 10 pick. IMO our overwhelming best option is to trade out off the position. And I kind of want to trade completely out of the 1st round.

Agree for the most part but I’m not a fan of smaller WRs. My list is Sewell / Slater / Chase / Pitts / Parsons.

I’d love to trade back to the mid / late teens and add a 2nd rounder.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
I know everyone has their pets but is there any player that you just dont want us to take at 10?
Why?

Mine is Caleb Farley Even before his announcement of his surgery I was leery of him. One year wonder skipped last season finishing his 2019 season with an injury. Had concerns over his back. Now that he has skipped his Pro Day and Now has decided to do surgery after he sat out last year? Why in the world did you wait to do the surgery when the draft is around the corner? I had my doubts before now this decision has made me very cautious.

Micah Parson, i read this wrong. I want Micah Parson.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Horn.

Parsons' off the field stuff scares me, but no question he is a game changing talent. Slater is a no-questions stud. Surtain is a no-questions stud in my eyes, he answered the only doubts I had at his Pro Day. Even if you want to go to receivers, Chase and Pitts are no-questions studs too.

Horn is different in that his tape shows some pretty major risks that none of the other guys have. He grabs jerseys, he bites on routes, he's kind of like a dog chasing cars out there. Horn reacts instead of reads, and it's easy to see how he could get duped by good NFL route runners. His athleticism and position justify a 1st round pick pretty much automatically, but no way am I taking him at 10. There's too many other safer bets.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I know everyone has their pets but is there any player that you just dont want us to take at 10?
Why?

Mine is Caleb Farley Even before his announcement of his surgery I was leery of him. One year wonder skipped last season finishing his 2019 season with an injury. Had concerns over his back. Now that he has skipped his Pro Day and Now has decided to do surgery after he sat out last year? Why in the world did you wait to do the surgery when the draft is around the corner? I had my doubts before now this decision has made me very cautious.
Horn. Only 2 int’s in his college career.

cheyennes

Reaction score
Slater, Parsons, Pitt.

I will go Sawell, Chase, Waddle or Smith, playmakers

Only Surtain or Horn

rambo2

Reaction score
They can take whoever they want, but they need to not miss. If they hit a homerun in this daft and have some luck, they will be in the mix to win.