What players have been invited to NY for the draft?

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Does anyone know which players have been invited? and once we know who is invited, which player do you think will be taken last, and when?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Does anyone know which players have been invited? and once we know who is invited, which player do you think will be taken last, and when?
There are only 5.

Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, Vince Young are for sure.

I forget who the other 2 are but I think they are D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Mario Williams.

I'll try and find a source and confirm this later.

jksmith269

Reaction score
Hostile said:
There are only 5.

I forget who the other 2 are but I think they are D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Mario Williams.

If the 5 you listed are correct then my guess is Young will be the last one taken.
by the Raiders

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
If the 5 you listed are correct then my guess is Young will be the last one taken.
by the Raiders
I don't buy Young to the Raiders. They signed Aaron Brooks and drafted Andrew Walters last year. There are other needs.

MadCow

Reaction score
On the NFL Network Friday night, Gil Brandt said A.J. Hawk declined an invitation to come to NY.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Hostile said:
There are only 5.

Hos, is 5 players around par for the course or are there usually more than five? I really dont remember how many are usually in NY.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
Hos, is 5 players around par for the course or are there usually more than five? I really dont remember how many are usually in NY.

IIRC, 5-7 players get invited every year.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
It used to be that a bunch of kids went.

I will never forget when Marc Spindler was expected to be a 1st rounder and was sitting in the green room all alone until the 3rd round.

In recent years fewer and fewer are invited.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
It used to be that a bunch of kids went.

I will never forget when Marc Spindler was expected to be a 1st rounder and was sitting in the green room all alone until the 3rd round.

In recent years fewer and fewer are invited.

Yep and man you gotta feel for those kids.

You know they have their agents and families there, they are excited thinking they will be a high pick and then have to sit there with the cameras and people staring at them.

Felt for that Green Bay QB last year and he still went in the first round.

jksmith269

Reaction score
Hostile said:
There are only 5.

Gil Brandt was just on total access and said they invited 7 this year but Hawk as was posted earlier turned them down.