What position would impact the team the most?

tm1119

Reaction score
I'm interested in the results of this....

Assuming we hit on our 1st round pick and that player is a day 1 starter, what position would have the biggest impact on the team?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Linebacker.
I would say wide receiver, but outside Randy Moss and Anquan Boldin, wide receivers don't make a major impact their first year, and I really don't see a wide receiver in this draft making that type impact.
If we get Roquan Smith this year and team him with a fully healed Jaylon Smith and Sean Lee, our linebacking crew will be lit.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
This defense offers a few positions where a player could have a huge impact for us.

A true edge rusher opposite Demarcus Lawrence would make a difference.

A sideline-to-sideline linebacker would make a difference and help protect us from our deep dependence on Sean Lee.

A ballhawk safety has been needed for years, especially with the type of defense we want to play.

JBS

Reaction score
Nothing is going to improve this team more than another pass rusher

Interior guy. Edge guy..doesn't matter

If we can throw waves of talented pass rushers out there, we will be much improved..right now we don't have enough

rkell87

Reaction score
Assuming our first round pick is a QB and that QB was a day one starter that would have the biggest impact on the team. After that if our first round pick was a LB and he started day one that would have a similar impact. Third biggest impact from a day one starter would be a DT. Doesn't matter which position, Malik was miscast as a 1T but he was adequate as long as we have a legitimate 3T next to him. I would prefer we finally address the 1T in the draft and move Malik back to 3T and then I'd actually be fairly confident in both our pass rush and run D. Fourth is CB, assuming they start day one would significantly impact our team.

sbark

Reaction score
Yup, they have decide if they can change their system qb into a pro-read and throw QB into a tight window of their scheme..............or do they adjust their scheme to include rubs etc that give their system QB-- system type reads and open receivers........Can have all the speed at WR but if the QB cant throw into a tight NFL "window" with good footwork moving forward in the pocket........ it does no good except for a handful of go routes per game.

Kinda curious as how both high lauded system Qb did last year (Dak and Carr of the Raiders)...but this year both slipped into NFL ave. at the same time, and yet Goff of the Rams, another system QB, took off on a rocket trajectory upward............as did Wentz out of a pro-set college scheme.....

tm1119

Reaction score
A tight end that can actually run. People keep wanting a wr when it’s a tight end that we need.

I agree. Give Dak a 6'5 target in the middle of the field that can catch and it would change a lot. Beasely was a nice security blanket for Dak last year, but that's been taken away and there's no one else besides Witten, who is good for 0 YAC. Dez became unreliable this year, Twill has rocks for hands, Beasley has a tiny catch radius to fit the ball into, and Witten can't get off coverage....While all of the players individually aren't bad, they really are a terrible fit together for a QB. Draft a young athletic TE, and sign/draft in the 2nd/3rd an upgrade over Twill and the offense would open up more I think.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I agree. Give Dak a 6'5 target in the middle of the field that can catch and it would change a lot. Beasely was a nice security blanket for Dak last year, but that's been taken away and there's no one else besides Witten, who is good for 0 YAC. Dez became unreliable this year, Twill has rocks for hands, Beasley has a tiny catch radius to fit the ball into, and Witten can't get off coverage....While all of the players individually aren't bad, they really are a terrible fit together for a QB. Draft a young athletic TE, and sign/draft in the 2nd/3rd an upgrade over Twill and the offense would open up more I think.
The problem is Witten isn’t going anywhere though lol. I’m almost sick of hearing how great a teammate he is. A great teammate would know to sit down for a better option like Gates did for Hunter Henry. Nobody wants to put him on blast in the media about it though.

tm1119

Reaction score
The problem is Witten isn’t going anywhere though lol. I’m almost sick of hearing how great a teammate he is. A great teammate would know to sit down for a better option like Gates did for Hunter Henry. Nobody wants to put him on blast in the media about it though.

When we get someone like Hunter Henry let me know...And I highly doubt Gates had much of a choice on who played and didn't, I'm sure he'd still be playing as much possible if it were up to him. It's just obvious that Henry is better than Gates at this point. Who was our better option this year?

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
When we get someone like Hunter Henry let me know...And I highly doubt Gates had much of a choice on who played and didn't, I'm sure he'd still be playing as much possible if it were up to him. It's just obvious that Henry is better than Gates at this point. Who was our better option this year?
I’m saying we should get a better option in round 2 this year. Either Witten or the coaching staff are full of it. He needs to sit down somewhere