What Restructures Need to Occur to Sign Big Free Agents?

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah, I know the odds of Jerry making a signing that could, you know, actually have an immediate significant impact on the team are slim to none but if he's finally feeling the grim reaper closing in on him like Parsons on Heineke and does, what contracts could the Cowboys restructure and how much would it free up in cap space? I wouldn't do Zeke (again) but I'm in the "keep Amari" camp so they could potentially do that. Do they go ahead and already do something with Dak's? Ask Lawrence to take a pay cut? I don't think they can release him because I don't know that it would be worth it, especially with what they could replace him with.
What Big free agents are you talking about? They signed several free agents last year that had an immediate significant impact that helped the team go from 5 and 11 to 12 and 5. Did you somehow miss that?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
never said it takes just a quarterback….. merely saying that the man that commands 22% of the teams salary cap is the main contract that needs to be restructured……if it was our punter, I would say it should be him…..it’s just the math
I know you didn’t , my cowboy brother. The Buffalo Bills game was amazing. One of the top 10 in my book. Enjoy the rest of the playoffs. I would love to see 49ers beat Kansas City this time. Even though I don’t even want Kansas City to make it

Sydla

Reaction score
I'd bet Dak gets restructured.

Cooper gets cut/traded or restructured.

Martin gets restructured.

Collins gets restructured.

If they touch Elliot's contract they are ********* morons (unless we are talking an actual cut in base salary).

FTWayne

Reaction score
don't restructure dak, 2 years or is 3 and we can offload him.
or we can restructure him and bring Jason Garrett back. sheesh smh

Reid1boys

Reaction score
didnt read more than the posts title. Our current roster is good enough to win a sb..... minus the qb. Its that simple. Give us a Stafford, Mahomes, allen, Burrough.... this team can win a sb. thats it,,,,, not much more to discuss.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The way forward is simple but difficult:
1. Admit McCarthy is not going to get you to a SB and prepare for life without him after 2022
2. Admit Zeke, Cooper, and Dak aren’t getting you to a SB and prepare for life without all 3 by 2024.
3. Blow up the old core of players by 2024 as well… Smith, Lael, Gregory, Jarwin, D Law etc… all need to be released asap
4. Make a good hire at HC after 2022
5. Do whatever you have to do to get in position to draft a franchise QB
6. After purging the cap, add quality players in FA. Be choosy. But don’t go bargain bin shopping. Identify your needs and address them with quality assets
7. Continue to build through the draft. Stop drafting injured players and avoid taking a “flyer” on a guy who drops. Add quality players with every pick— build your team from the OL and DL out

Sooooo, things are looking up huh? :omg:

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Sooooo, things are looking up huh? :omg:

Nah. JJ will never do what needs to be done. He believes we are close to a SB.

I believe we won’t be contending for anything but the NFCE title for quite some time

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Should Cooper stay he only has 6 million of dead money and should be easy to move some money around. Convert 10 million of base salary into guarantees spread over the next 3 years adds a little dead money,

Dak will surely be restructured.