What scares me, Gurode at center, made mistakes again mondy

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
parcells said that he wants to play gurode sunday due to jacksonville big DT's.

However he did say that gurode had problems again monday, as well as you all know in minny game. If gurode keeps doing that, goofing up, he will get our QB killed.

Granted Al Johnson cant handle big DT's or NTs but al's strength is the 4-3, against their linebackers

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that we will address the Center position next year.

Al not strong enough, and Gurode...apparently not smart enough.

Mix that with...BP only wants to take 7 olineman, right now we are forced to take two centers.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
parcells said that he wants to play gurode sunday due to jacksonville big DT's.

However he did say that gurode had problems again monday, as well as you all know in minny game. If gurode keeps doing that, goofing up, he will get our QB killed.

Granted Al Johnson cant handle big DT's or NTs but al's strength is the 4-3, against their linebackers
How's this for going out on a limb.

I think Gurode is Pro Bowl bound this season.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
I think it's safe to say that we will address the Center position next year.

With the 32nd pick of the 2007 draft the Dallas Cowboys select Kyle Young, center, Fresno State. 6'5" 330.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
With the 32nd pick of the 2007 draft the Dallas Cowboys select Kyle Young, center, Fresno State. 6'5" 330.

I like the 32 pick part of this. Tell me this is not because we traded down in the draft. :laugh2:

superpunk

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:

Yay! Super bowl, and replace our maddeningly inconsistent centers! Does it get better?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Charles said:

Hos and rcaldw, here's your chance to get even. ;)

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The problem is that there is no such thing as a real 4-3. You can't just plug in Johnson unless he can handle the big guys because even in a 4-3, they will shift over and put a beast over the center in certain sets, and they'll certainly do it if they think they can take advantage of your center.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Charles said:

And like all the other limbs here in New York over the weekend. (Ernesto storm) It will crash down to the ground and take out several powerlines on the way down!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Charles said:

Hope it doesn't break.
fallen_limb.jpg

DBoys

Reaction score
If we do sign a C I hope we use Gurode at G. There is no coincidence that our best running game against a good D (Carolina) was with Gurode at G. Rivera is letting way to many people through. I don't know if it is him or the calls at the line but it is ridiculous.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
DBoys said:
If we do sign a C I hope we use Gurode at G. There is no coincidence that our best running game against a good D (Carolina) was with Gurode at G. Rivera is letting way to many people through. I don't know if it is him or the calls at the line but it is ridiculous.
And one of our worst was the following week against a horrible defense.

DBoys

Reaction score
theogt said:
And one of our worst was the following week against a horrible defense.

Was Gurode playing or Rivera? If it was Gurode my point is invalidated lol :D

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Charles said:

Coming from you, that means he's doomed and will be out of the league within 2 years.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
DBoys said:
Was Gurode playing or Rivera? If it was Gurode my point is invalidated lol :D
Gurode played RG in the final game last season. Everyone was excited about the running game with Gurode in (after Carolina), but it was quickly tempered by the egg we laid against St. Louis.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
nyc said:
And like all the other limbs here in New York over the weekend. (Ernesto storm) It will crash down to the ground and take out several powerlines on the way down!
:lmao2: I live on the East coast too. My neighbor hood is still a mess. My puppy is loving it though. Lots of shrubs and branches to gnaw on.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:
Coming from you, that means he's doomed and will be out of the league within 2 years.
Hahaha. Still sulking from the Clarett bet.:laugh2:

I didn't predict greatness, I just knew before the draft that about 5-10 teams had contacted his people (agents and handlers) on the eve of the draft, promising that he would be off the board on Day One.

You got played!!!. Thats why I let you off the hook.

Wanna bet again?:)