What separates Romo from the great quarterbacks

wick

Reaction score
Pre-snap reads. I lost count of the number of times yesterday that Romo failed to get Dallas into the right play based on the defensive alignment. How many times did we ruin a good first-down play by running straight into the teeth of a defensive stacking the box? Too many. He simply does not read defenses well pre-snap. He's at his best when the play breaks down and turns into sandlot football. That can be mid-play or by game situation, where we are trailing and have to be aggressive in the passing game to come back to win. When Romo is trying to manage a game, he just kills our offense.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Good post. Leadership, making the 10 other guys around you play at a different level and having the rest of the team believe you always have a chance to win....I believe this is what's missing.

Section446

Reaction score
Romo gets rattled too much. Watch Wilson tonight, the guy just has ice water running through his veins, nothing bothers him.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Good post. Leadership, making the 10 other guys around you play at a different level and having the rest of the team believe you always have a chance to win....I believe this is what's missing.

facepalm_5f8dd7_4024381.jpg

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Romo gets rattled too much. Watch Wilson tonight, the guy just has ice water running through his veins, nothing bothers him.

Wilson has been playing 1 season . Wilson sucks in the pocket . Give me Andrew luck he is 20x's better than Wilson .

Section446

Reaction score
Wilson has been playing 1 season . Wilson sucks in the pocket . Give me Andrew luck he is 20x's better than Wilson .

Andrew Luck is a once in a decade QB, I'd take him over just about anyone in the league right now (considering his age). Having said that, I'd still take Wilson over our current situation.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score

Yea...having a defense that can save your arse if you have a bad game can take a lot a pressure off a quarterback. Romo doesn't have that luxury. He has the weight of the entire team on his shoulders and has for a while. No defense, no running game, poor OLine and an offensive coordinator that draws his plays on the back of a napkin during pre-game warmups.

He had a poor game yesterday but pulled his head out and got the job done only to see his defense fold like it has done so many times before.

TTexasTT

Reaction score
Exactly! If he gets one, none of his supposed bad traits will matter. But without the ring.....

whats this? you like one of my posts.
Sadly I dont know if a ring will really stop the haters. Now I see people hating on Peyton Manning because of his playoff record. Unfortunate really.
I guess that "Dilfer is better than Marino" argument could be thrown out there.

dupree89

Reaction score
whats this? you like one of my posts.
Sadly I dont know if a ring will really stop the haters. Now I see people hating on Peyton Manning because of his playoff record. Unfortunate really.
I guess that "Dilfer is better than Marino" argument could be thrown out there.

LOL. I apologize. And yes, as soon as I read the thread title....it was the first and only thing that popped into my mind. RINGS.
And yes it is bizarre how we say you need a ring, but then when someone has a ring and you say he is better than Dan Fouts or Marino was, they laugh. I really do think the ring / no ring for QBs is often agenda driven. Sorry again.

Staubacher

Reaction score

Yeah he is lighting up the scoreboard vs the team Romo hung 31 on.

You are just doubling down tonight lol

dstovall5

Reaction score
They actually have something called a team around them, is that what you're asking?