What should be the penalty goal?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with post #2. Two a game is asking for too much because refs can make that many mistakes alone.

Come to think of it, didn't we almost lose to the Patriots due to too many penalties? They also happen to be the only playoff team the Cowboys beat all year. How the hell did Dallas manage to win 12 games and avoid beating multiple playoff teams. Fascinating.
NFC East

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
A scope of penalties that can't be considered to have impacted the game.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Hard to say since why do guys hold to begin with? mostly because if they don't they are about to be beat by the defender. Right now Conner Williams and Tyler Biadasz are being pushed back and the results often time is holding. I do think G and C must be addressed

They hold because they are out of position, lazy on their footwork. So this they need to practice, practice, and what's the other one? oh yes, practice. Their technique is lousy and coaching needs to be done here with the OL. CW will be gone hopefully, but the others, need to step up. Yes G and C are a concern. and a suitable replacement for TSmith at LT.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am not sure you can coach the stupid out of some players. But Connor Williams will be gone and he was 10 holding penalties by himself. There are a lot of offensive linemen, in fact every single one in the entire league, that were better than that.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Eliminating pre-snap penalties would be a good start. No excuse for having false starts, illegal formations or delay of game.

This. Eliminate stupid from the team. Some of it occurs after the snap too.

The worst one to me is a defender lining up offsides. The offsides guy *and* the guy next to him are to blame.

bewp7

Reaction score
the GOAL should be least penalized team in the league

there is no reason why that is not do able for any team and aiming for any thing less is stupid

Zman5

Reaction score
Surprisingly, CWill only had 1 pre-snap penalty that was accepted. Biadez had the most with 6 false starts. Followed by L.Collins, Steele, Gregory and Parsons with 4.

27 Offense, 15 defense, 8 ST.

Last edited:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Which team was least penalized in 2021 ? That would be the Cincinnati Bengals with 68 and they have made a Conf championship in many a moon . Are you listening Mike ?

That averages 4 a game . That’s about a Connor Williams highlight reel. Heck Randy Gregory lines up in the neutral zone at least twice a game .

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Have a ref judge plays in practice and then players who commit penalties have to run extra laps.
A million years ago when I played high school ball we would have started practice with extra running and finished practice with extra running, after a bad penalty game. Practice ended when the coaches said it ended.

I am not real familiar with the practice protocols written in the CBA but I know that there are rules and limitations on practice.

I'm not to sure that extra running is even possible, and I believe it would have to come at the expense of something else due to time constraints, but I don't know for sure.