What should we do with our remaining 11 mil?

ghst187

Reaction score
I think its a give that we'll sign a kicker and a FS, even if its only Coleman.
Also, I think it costs roughly 3 mil to sign rookies but after that....

the_h0wey

Reaction score
I think its a little funny that the poll mentioned locking up our star players like Roy, TNEW, and Witten in the same sentence as James....lol

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
the_h0wey said:
I think its a little funny that the poll mentioned locking up our star players like Roy, TNEW, and Witten in the same sentence as James....lol

James is definately an emerging player and centerpiece for this defense, im sorry but stepping in for Dat and performing like that. sorry but against the eagles in the 21-20 stolen victory he ripped it up with 12 tackles, 1 FF i think and a CLUTCH block on the 1 man that could have caught roy on his interception (D. Mcnabb)

so maybe thats why, and hes young so he counts as future.

oh and adding a LB would be nice because that way our draft would consist of a FS, OT, QB and then us worrying bout LB and then WR depth . . .

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Ya but he was mentioned with guys that have proven year after year they can get it done and be some of the best talent in the league at their position. I like Bradie James and hope he continues to improve and play well for this team. I just think it may be a little premature to mention him in the same sentence as T-New Roy and Witten

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
the_h0wey said:
Ya but he was mentioned with guys that have proven year after year they can get it done and be some of the best talent in the league at their position. I like Bradie James and hope he continues to improve and play well for this team. I just think it may be a little premature to mention him in the same sentence as T-New Roy and Witten

true, but hes young so i mean that might be a reason why he mentioned him and hes playin a position with little depth.

i agree with you tho he is not on their level yet.

montgod

Reaction score
how about we start by paying off my mortgage since it is "our" money? :)

Anguillidae

Reaction score
Sign Josh Brown and Marcus Coleman. Then wait until we can sign Julian Peterson to a reasonable price.

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
If I Was Jerry And Bill Id Definatly Sign A Kicker.either Vinateri, Brown Or Vanderjact. I Wouldnt Care So Much Which One , There All Great. Id Probably Sign The Cheapest One. So Probably Brown.

Then From There Id Move Onto Safety. A Guy Like Marcus Coleman Would Be A Nice Fit For A Few Years. He'd Come At A Fiarly Good Price Too.

Then If The Price Was Right , Id Try To Get Arrington. I Mean Lets Face It The Guy Is A Beast, But Then Again He Did End Aikmans Career. So Do We Want Him Here? I Know Hed Play Well Under Parcells System, Kinda Like A Bryan Cox.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well I for one don't want to see up blow our wad totally on free-agents. I want us to be able to manage the cap and it not manage us.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Sign a kicker, then save the rest for witten, newman, and roy. We must take care of our own!!!!

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Where is the "Give money back to every fan who bought a Key Jersey" Option?

Anguillidae

Reaction score
miamicowboy21 said:
Sign a kicker, then save the rest for witten, newman, and roy. We must take care of our own!!!!
Terence Newman still has three years left of his contract. No need to re-sign him just yet.

We can sign more free agents and still have enough money left over to re-sign Roy Williams, Jason Witten and Bradie James.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Anguillidae said:
Sign Josh Brown and Marcus Coleman. Then wait until we can sign Julian Peterson to a reasonable price.
Agree with your first sentence. OK with the second.

You want to try to leave 4-5mil open in case of signings due to injuries during training camp/preseason.

If we do indeed sign a kicker (Brown/Vanderjagt/Vinnie) and a FS (Coleman), I believe that we will draft an OLB @ 18 or trade down to pu more picks.

With what we had, and Brown/Coleman, and what we have pu through FA, we could go with this team as is.