What some fans may of missed

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thompson got a key fumble recovery and had great coverage. Re-watch the game.
How do you know he didn't give Garrett a high five. You go rewatch it. watch at the end of the half as they were leaving the field!! Get back to me.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Heath is good on ST. Not the worst safety. But Thompson had a very good game...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Everyone is talking Dak and Zeke or Bennett from last game but the player I said was the key to the victory and defense was Thompson. Once Heath went out the defense took off. I don't see why Dallas continues to play him and he's probably the worst of the safeties. Go back if you can and re-watch the game. Once Heath goes down the defense really got a lot better. Thompson should be the starter with Woods. Just don't understand Dallas playing should be backups versus guys who should be starting. Lewis also should start.
huge coincidence.. we simply were supposed to blow out the NYG but the first 20mins kept beating ourselves.. we stopped that got back on track and the end result was what was supposed to happen..

you are reaching...it wasn't the cat, wasn't Thompson, it was simply stopped the internal bleeding..

CB61

Reaction score
Everyone is talking Dak and Zeke or Bennett from last game but the player I said was the key to the victory and defense was Thompson. Once Heath went out the defense took off. I don't see why Dallas continues to play him and he's probably the worst of the safeties. Go back if you can and re-watch the game. Once Heath goes down the defense really got a lot better. Thompson should be the starter with Woods. Just don't understand Dallas playing should be backups versus guys who should be starting. Lewis also should start.
I was advocating for them to put Donovan Wilson but I did like Darian Thompson he brings a total different look to that defense than Jeff Heath I told maybe the defensive coaches saw that and try to capitalize on that

CB61

Reaction score
huge coincidence.. we simply were supposed to blow out the NYG but the first 20mins kept beating ourselves.. we stopped that got back on track and the end result was what was supposed to happen..

you are reaching...it wasn't the cat, wasn't Thompson, it was simply stopped the internal bleeding..

Dre11

Reaction score

I'm no Heath fan, but he was a big part of those stops early, he had a good blitz of the edge in the red zone to screw up a play. He had another one I'm forgetting

Dre11

Reaction score
Actually, the defense was great from the very first series...Holding the Giants to 3 points after the INT deep in our own territory. That was a brilliant stand by the defense! Oh, and Heath was a big part of that.

Exactly

Dre11

Reaction score
Obviously the problem is Garrett and Marinelli for not letting Coach Richard replace Heath,,, cuz you know he wants to. They're also secretly replacing Richard's play calls with Marinelli calls through an elaborate system of claps and clicking noises,,,

Lol more made up narratives..lol

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
There is a spot for Jeff Heath on this team. He's an excellent special teams player and a solid nickel safety with speed and experience.

As a starter he can be exposed for what he is; and that's a sub-package player. It's not fair to bash him because the front office hasn't recognized this.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Okay, Thompson was in on a few plays, but calling him "the key to the victory and defense" is pretty far fetched.

That's how I saw it too. Thompson played just fine. But was not a key factor in the game. I wouldn't object to seeing more of him, especially if Heath isn't 100% after the stitches in his knee. Give the other guy a shot, Heath hasn't set a high bar for being replaced.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a spot for Jeff Heath on this team. He's an excellent special teams player and a solid nickel safety with speed and experience.

As a starter he can be exposed for what he is; and that's a sub-package player. It's not fair to bash him because the front office hasn't recognized this.

giphy.gif