What teams besides KC should feel secure in their Quarterback?

Jayinem

Reaction score
You can move this thread but it has to do with the Cowboys and Dak also.

49ers and Ravens were considered the best two teams in the league both were the #1 seed, both lost to Mahomes.

I assume both of them will keep trying with the QBs they have.

If I'm the Bengals I'm not moving on from Joe Burrow who beat Mahomes in KC in the AFC Championship game although he can't steal healthy.

The Texans and Packers have promising young QBs.

Bills have Josh Allen I'm not sure he'll ever beat Mahomes in the playoffs but he's the best or second best QB they've ever had behind Jim Kelly.

For me that's it, any other team I'm looking at my options to draft a QB and not commit huge money to the one I've got. The goal is to win a Super Bowl and I do not believe any team including the Cowboys have the answer at QB to beat the Chiefs, who will probably add a WR next year and get better. The goal is not to be "pretty good" and make the playoffs just to get stomped, it's to win it all. It seems the only chance to beat Mahomes might be a player in college because almost none currently in the pros can do it, or maybe not even there but you could try something different.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We can win a chip with Dak as long as hes a bus driver and we have a rock solid D and run game. Thats the formula for success. Drafting Ray Davis from Kentucky would go a long way to helping this. Kid is a game changer. Sign Henry, let Pollard go, draft Ray Davis, keep Dowdle for the 3rd rb role. We are pretty close with some high level drafting and aggressive key free agent deals.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the 1, 2 punch of Henry and Davis would be similar to the Lions. Makes us better day 1.

Jayinem

Reaction score
We can win a chip with Dak as long as hes a bus driver and we have a rock solid D and run game. Thats the formula for success. Drafting Ray Davis from Kentucky would go a long way to helping this. Kid is a game changer. Sign Henry, let Pollard go, draft Ray Davis, keep Dowdle for the 3rd rb role. We are pretty close with some high level drafting and aggressive key free agent deals.
You really just think we're a running game away from winning a Super Bowl? We have problems with our offense line and can't stop the run.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the niners window is open for about 1 more year I think. After that who knows. They have alot of pieces around Purdy, but McCaffery takes a beating, Deebo is banged up, Kittle getting brittle. We have a chance to be in the conversation with the correct DC hire and scheme, and have to nail the draft huge. None of this works if we don't aggressively pursue and get Henry....and draft Davis.

Rayman70

Reaction score
You really just think we're a running game away from winning a Super Bowl? We have problems with our offense line and can't stop the run.
no , I agree. But it goes along way to helping, with the caveat we fix the d and nail the offseason. Gotta start somewhere. Th easiest fix is the run game. The rest not so easy.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t see SF signing Purdy to an insane contract when time comes, they should be looking to upgrade before that rookie contract is over.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
It came down to the QB, and Mahomes is one of those once in a generation talents that will disrupt a perfectly package team like the Niners.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Yup, I'm still not sold on Purdy
Including playoffs he's 14-5 and might have gone to back to back Super Bowls if he didn't get injured in last years NFC Championship game. What are the odds they're going to trade him in for something better? He got the 49ers the lead multiple times even in OT, but his defense could not stop Mahomes.

If 49ers are trading in Purdy, it should be an easy decision to trade in Dak. But of course, the Joneses.

Flamma

Reaction score
You can move this thread but it has to do with the Cowboys and Dak also.

49ers and Ravens were considered the best two teams in the league both were the #1 seed, both lost to Mahomes.

I assume both of them will keep trying with the QBs they have.

If I'm the Bengals I'm not moving on from Joe Burrow who beat Mahomes in KC in the AFC Championship game although he can't steal healthy.

The Texans and Packers have promising young QBs.

Bills have Josh Allen I'm not sure he'll ever beat Mahomes in the playoffs but he's the best or second best QB they've ever had behind Jim Kelly.

For me that's it, any other team I'm looking at my options to draft a QB and not commit huge money to the one I've got. The goal is to win a Super Bowl and I do not believe any team including the Cowboys have the answer at QB to beat the Chiefs, who will probably add a WR next year and get better. The goal is not to be "pretty good" and make the playoffs just to get stomped, it's to win it all. It seems the only chance to beat Mahomes might be a player in college because almost none currently in the pros can do it, or maybe not even there but you could try something different.
The Bills should have beaten the Chiefs in that one playoff game. Their coach lost that game. Josh Allen can't do anything about that. Back then you couldn't fair catch a kickoff short of the endzone. All they had to do is kickoff to the 10 yard line. The game is over. They kicked it through the endzone giving the Chiefs two plays instead of 1.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don’t see SF signing Purdy to an insane contract when time comes, they should be looking to upgrade before that rookie contract is over.
If he keeps performing, he’ll get an insane contract, that’s just how it’s going with QBs these days. It’s not going to be easy upgrading over him but some fans here act like it’s no problem to upgrade over a real good QB.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he keeps performing, he’ll get an insane contract, that’s just how it’s going with QBs these days. It’s not going to be easy upgrading over him but some fans here act like it’s no problem to upgrade over a real good QB.
Would you give Purdy 60M a season? I know teams operate differently than us fans but in no way would I give him that contract. There are quite a few QB’s out there that can drive that SF bus……