What teams besides KC should feel secure in their Quarterback?

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SF, Buff, Cinc, Chicago when they draft Williams, Balt, GB, SD, and maybe more. That’s off top of my head.

1942willys

Reaction score
Would you give Purdy 60M a season? I know teams operate differently than us fans but in no way would I give him that contract. There are quite a few QB’s out there that can drive that SF bus……
Can they drive it as well? Purdy made plays today; arguably he was just unlucky that Mahomes had the ball last

1942willys

Reaction score
Watching Mahomes is depressing for every GM and HC in the league with the exception of a few

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
We can win a chip with Dak as long as hes a bus driver and we have a rock solid D and run game. Thats the formula for success. Drafting Ray Davis from Kentucky would go a long way to helping this. Kid is a game changer. Sign Henry, let Pollard go, draft Ray Davis, keep Dowdle for the 3rd rb role. We are pretty close with some high level drafting and aggressive key free agent deals.
Can’t won a Super Bowl with him. Even with what you’ve stated. Dak would’ve absolutely **** his pants today.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can they drive it as well? Purdy made plays today; arguably he was just unlucky that Mahomes had the ball last
23/38 for 255 and one TD and that was with abandoning the run game for the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Purdy made a few plays tonight but was not that good. He is not worth a mega-contract but by all means…. I hope SF does it :muttley:

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Don't you guys feel secure now that we're about to pay that guy 60M/yr? Circus MVP!

Aucune description de photo disponible.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Would you give Purdy 60M a season? I know teams operate differently than us fans but in no way would I give him that contract. There are quite a few QB’s out there that can drive that SF bus……
I certainly wouldn’t if I could avoid it, but SF may have no choice if they continue to win with him. If you don’t pay him, at some point he can walk then they’ll be stuck without a capable QB. They’re desperate to win a Super Bowl. I read where Brady was offered to come play with them for one year. San Francisco thought they could lure him because the 49ers were his favorite team growing up. Shanahan explained the situation to Purdy that he would have to sit for a year behind Brady. However, Brady wasn’t interested. I just can’t see them moving on from Purdy due to money if he continues to play well.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Would you give Purdy 60M a season? I know teams operate differently than us fans but in no way would I give him that contract. There are quite a few QB’s out there that can drive that SF bus…
So...youre admitting that real GM's have pressures that "fans" dont?

And the weight of those pressures could be significant? Losing job type significance?

Mcsports

Reaction score
Dont see much love for MVP Lamar Jackson in this thread.
What’s your take on him?

Jayinem

Reaction score
23/38 for 255 and one TD and that was with abandoning the run game for the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Purdy made a few plays tonight but was not that good. He is not worth a mega-contract but by all means…. I hope SF does it :muttley:
This idea that anyone can just do what he's done in SF is just not true. He threw for 4,280 31 TDs 11 INTS in the regular season which is good. He's only lost 5 games as a pro he's probably in back to back Super Bowls if not for getting injured last NFC Championship game. He is somewhere between a top 5 and top 10 QB. If you trade him and Dak does Dak do all those things with SF including back to back NFC Championship appearances and 1 Super Bowl appearance? and have the lead in OT? I personally do not believe so. I would rather have Purdy than Dak and a lot of other QBs but I'm not saying he's the best.

Last edited:

Jayinem

Reaction score
Dont see much love for MVP Lamar Jackson in this thread.
What’s your take on him?
I mentioned the Ravens in the OP, just that them and 49ers will likely keep their QBs as they were the #1 seeds. But to me he is looking like a playoff choker. The problem is it seems that most QBs not named Mahomes currently in the NFL are playoff chokers so what are going to do?

Flamma

Reaction score
They have another year to evaluate him. They'll probably wait two more years. Purdy wasn't great, but he didn't make any bad mistakes considering he's in the SB in his 2nd year. That's rough. Mahomes played good enough to lose in his first SB. I'm assuming it was nerves.

I wouldn't know what to do with Purdy. He's kinda good. But 45-50 million good? Because that's what he's going to demand.