What the formals are telling us so far

visionary

Reaction score
It is a safe bet that no matter what the Cowboys do @rambo2 will be in here telling us how “great” it is

I believe the correct description would be “shill”

rambo2

Reaction score
It is a safe bet that no matter what the Cowboys do @rambo2 will be in here telling us how “great” it is

A good bet that they need to have an outstanding draft this year to get over the hump. They will need to hit on their new linebackers and dtackles to be successful.

visionary

Reaction score
A good bet that they need to have an outstanding draft this year to get over the hump. They will need to hit on their new linebackers and dtackles to be successful.
What they need to do, everyone knows. Im talking about what you will do

Blind worship

Beaker42

Reaction score
What I do get is there will be a lot of good players in the 2nd round.

What's your point about the tight end? They aren't taking one this year.
I wouldn’t make that bet. This franchise is ignorant when it comes to drafting.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There was no need there last year, they did it anyway. For a 25 year old rookie.

What you dont seem to get is. They can do all of their due diligence. If someone with character issues or injury issues falls to the second rounder. Jerry is taking him.
They did need a TE last year having only a rookie in the stable. Can’t use 12 personnel without 2 TE’s.

MikeT22

Reaction score

Yeah I think his top choices changes every time a new prospect makes a good showing working out in shorts, lol.

phildadon86

Reaction score
They did need a TE last year having only a rookie in the stable. Can’t use 12 personnel without 2 TE’s.
They had Ferg, Hendershot, and McEwan. No reason to drop a second rounder on a 25 year old TE. No reason.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
They had Ferg, Hendershot, and McEwan. No reason to drop a second rounder on a 25 year old TE. No reason.
They had Ferguson, Hendershot and McEwan. All the reason in the world to draft another TE last year.

SexyDexy52

Reaction score
Judging by the Formal/Informal interview thread, they sure have had a lot of contact with TEs from all over the draft spectrum. That tells me that we should be prepared to have another one added to the mix.

I just noticed that they have John Stephens Jr (6'5" 221) currently listed as a WR. I do believe he played TE all training camp until he was lost for the season. No clue which position they plan to play him come training camp this year.

12 personnel is very hard to defend if you can find 2 dynamic TEs that can both run, catch and block. Just sayin'.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
They aren't drafting a tight end. They don't have that need.

Looks like they will draft a defensive tackle. Sweat might be a target. They should draft one between late 1st and the 3rd round.

Linebacker is a target anywhere from the 2nd to anywhere in the draft.

They are interested in getting a corner starting in the 2nd round.

They will draft a running back. The 3rd round looks like a good spot to fill this need.

Their 1st pick can go a lot of different ways. They could go center, offensive tackle, receiver, edge, or dtackle.
The sooner the better..............