What the Future Holds...

CoCo

Reaction score
I hope we step up Sunday and beyond and bring home our 6th Lobardi when its all over. The odds are certainly against that. More likely, we're going to fall short given our up and down performances of late.

If our season does end in the next 2-3 weeks its going to make for a real interesting offseason. Fans will be severely split over what direction is best to take and I think Jerry & Co will have their own similar debates.

It'll center predominantly around Wade, Garrett & TO.

Yes there will be personnel issues of note. There always are. But the 3 folks listed above will be viewed as the real dilemma IMO.

And I'll tell you I am torn on which way to go.

On the positive side...

Wade now has our defense playing, IMO, pretty much up to the potential of the parts. I do attribute that to having enough healthy corners to play the way he really wants to and being more hands on with the entire D. Its not impossible obviously to replace his defensive expertise if need be but I don't think its an EASY replacement by any means. It could cause a step back.

Garrett - for all the recent criticism he's received I think his task is harder than it looks. And my main attraction to the guy all along is that I think he's got the potnetial to be top shelf (rather than there right now) and the potential to bring long term stability to this teams coaching for the first time since the days of Landry. I long to eliminate the revolving door on our coaching staff.

TO - obviously the guy is still a physical phenom and adds a dimension to this team physically that is not easily replicated. His RAC is still top shelf IMO. He still demands an opponents defensive focus.

The negatives for me mostly center around whether Wade can truly command the respect as HC to get the most out of this team.

And can it be done with TO on the roster. Folks, its not all the media's fault. Regardless, they aren't going away. Its not always what he says. Sometimes its the body language. Or its the fear of how he might react, or the controversy that results without him necessarily stepping completely over the line. The guy is a lightening rod and it creates a climate of potential distraction. I'm not sure which camp I'll end up in. I'm undecided right now.

Its going to be a very interesting set of choices this offseason surrounding primarily those 3 people.