What This Offense Could Look Like In 2023

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Assuming things play out like the current rumors are trending, our offense could possibly feature Pollard, B. Robinson, D-Hop, Lamb, Gallup, Ferguson. How would you feel if things went that way? Leaving the qb out of it because, why bother, he's here and we have to deal with him love or hate.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And wow...please fix that to *This* because I don't know what Tgid means...maybe it's an acronym?

Flamma

Reaction score
And wow...please fix that to *This* because I don't know what Tgid means...maybe it's an acronym?
Well, The G is right next to the H, and D right next to the S, so it is an understandable typo. Failing to proof read your title is inexcusable!! But not as bad as the one time I tried to write, do you want your butt kicked? referring to some online game. And look what's close to the letter K!!!

Anyway, there will be plenty of people that won't like this, but I'm not one of them. Looks fantastic. But do you honestly believe that's going to happen?

Two things have to happen for this to happen. A Cooper type trade, and moving up a bit for Robinson. Two things the Cowboys rarely do. Especially moving up. I guarantee you the Eagles jump in front of us if Robinson gets close to 26. In fact, the Eagles can wait all the way to the Giants pick because they know Jerry stands pat. He would also fit perfectly in their offense.

If the Cowboys want Robinson, they only have to move up a few spots if he's still there. Like with the Ravens or Vikings. Don't think for a second the Eagles will let him fall into our laps. They'll get the guy they want with their 10th pick. Pick 31 is just gravy.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, The G is right next to the H, and D right next to the S, so it is an understandable typo. Failing to proof read your title is inexcusable!!

Anyway, there will be plenty of people that won't like this, but I'm not one of them. Looks fantastic. But do you honestly believe that's going to happen?

Two things have to happen for this to happen. A Cooper type trade, and moving up a bit for Robinson. Two things the Cowboys rarely do. Especially moving up. I guarantee you the Eagles jump in front of us if Robinson gets close to 26. In fact, the Eagles can wait all the way to the Giants pick because they know Jerry stands pat. He would also fit perfectly in their offense.

If the Cowboys want Robinson, they only have to move up a few spots if he's still there. Like with the Ravens or Vikings. Don't think for a second the Eagles will let him fall into our laps. They'll get the guy they want with their 10th pick. Pick 31 is just gravy.
Really hadn't considered that the Eagles would be after him but everything you said makes sense. I can definitely see us landing Hopkins though. Jerry sat back last year and did nothing at WR and even though Lamb was excellent, we still needed another playmaker at WR and he got roasted for it
I don't think he's going to do that again. Guess we will have to see where chips fall on draft day, would love to land Robinson if possible so we can let Pollard walk next season without signing him to a hefty deal.

Flamma

Reaction score
Really hadn't considered that the Eagles would be after him but everything you said makes sense. I can definitely see us landing Hopkins though. Jerry sat back last year and did nothing at WR and even though Lamb was excellent, we still needed another playmaker at WR and he got roasted for it
I don't think he's going to do that again. Guess we will have to see where chips fall on draft day, would love to land Robinson if possible so we can let Pollard walk next season without signing him to a hefty deal.
I agree Hopkins is possible, because Jerry does use corrective measures due to past mistakes. Sometimes to a fault. Someone else mentioned DJ Chark. Although not Hopkins, he's still young and I think he would be a good fit. It's all going to depend on what the Cards want in compensation.

I agree on your take on Robinson. That would be the perfect situation. Let Pollard walk next year and draft a backup to Robinson in the 3rd or 4th round of 2024. But not only for that reason. What if Pollard gets hurt? We're screwed.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree Hopkins is possible, because Jerry does use corrective measures due to past mistakes. Sometimes to a fault. Someone else mentioned DJ Chark. Although not Hopkins, he's still young and I think he would be a good fit. It's all going to depend on what the Cards want in compensation.

I agree on your take on Robinson. That would be the perfect situation. Let Pollard walk next year and draft a backup to Robinson in the 3rd or 4th round of 2024. But not only for that reason. What if Pollard gets hurt? We're screwed.
I really like Chark as an option. Was hoping they'd grab him and Parris Campbell. I think if we had done that our WR group would have been set and we'd have upgraded for a fraction of the cost of OBJ or Hopkins. Sounds like Cards want anywhere from a 2nd to a 3rd from what I've heard and seen. Honestly, if we are dead set on getting him or OBJ, I'd rather sacrifice the 2nd and get Hopkins, just to avoid having OBJ. Guy is a head case and seems to just be looking for that last payday. Hopkins at least sounds like he really wants to be here and is willing to take a payout to do so.

Flamma

Reaction score
I really like Chark as an option. Was hoping they'd grab him and Parris Campbell. I think if we had done that our WR group would have been set and we'd have upgraded for a fraction of the cost of OBJ or Hopkins. Sounds like Cards want anywhere from a 2nd to a 3rd from what I've heard and seen. Honestly, if we are dead set on getting him or OBJ, I'd rather sacrifice the 2nd and get Hopkins, just to avoid having OBJ. Guy is a head case and seems to just be looking for that last payday. Hopkins at least sounds like he really wants to be here and is willing to take a payout to do so.
I agree 100%. I really hope OBJ does not come to this team at any price. Plus that little tweet of his kind of threw shade at Dak. So I doubt he's an option now.

GoldenR

Reaction score
I hope they get/have the TE position covered! Shultz alone the last 3 years, roughly 2000 yards and 20 TD's!!! And everyone is worried about another WR? Comedy.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
How does the offense look for 2023? Right now— it looks like a hot mess. Barring any significant trades or free agent additions, we have big problems:

1. We are in need of a LG. Yes, Smith may start there, but then we are relying on Tyron at LT and he is an injury waiting to happen at this point. Losing McG has created issues along the OL

2. Cutting Zeke was absolutely the right decision, but replacing 12 TDs and solid pass pro is not as easy as it sounds. Counting on TP to be a bell cow after recovering from a serious injury is risky. Big need at RB.

3. Letting Schultz walk is also the right decision, but replacing his production isn’t a sure thing at the moment either.

4. New offensive play caller and a “30%” new offensive system. Adjustments and learning curves for everyone.

5. And finally, WR. Ginormous gaping hole after Lamb. Noah Brown was our 2nd most productive WR (can’t believe I just typed that) and we STILL have done NOTHING to address the FAILURE from the Cooper fiasco last season.

All of those issues— and we still haven’t addressed the QB problems. Nothing but question marks and a roster full of holes.

Good thing the D looks to be even better in 2023. They may score more points than our offense will at the end of the day lol

Polkton31

Reaction score
I don't see Robinson making it to the Boys at 26. I think Philly, Tampa, or the Chargers will grab him. Now, If the Cowboys could get DHop, (without losing major draft capital) then it would really open up the draft for them. The Boys could go G, TE, or DT in the first. There should be one of those spots available at 26. I'd love to see Torrence taken at 26 if he is available, but in the unlikely scenario that Carter slips to 26 because of the recent media attention, I would run the pick to the podium. Now, if Torrence is gone, Carter doesn't slip, and Kincaid is there, I wouldn't be mad either. There are plenty of good RBs to be taken later in this draft, who can step in and be an upgrade to Zeke in terms of rushing production.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Assuming things play out like the current rumors are trending, our offense could possibly feature Pollard, B. Robinson, D-Hop, Lamb, Gallup, Ferguson. How would you feel if things went that way? Leaving the qb out of it because, why bother, he's here and we have to deal with him love or hate.
Dak is the best part of the offense. No chance we take Bijan. Dhop no chance.

none of it will matter until we improve the online.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How does the offense look for 2023? Right now— it looks like a hot mess. Barring any significant trades or free agent additions, we have big problems:

1. We are in need of a LG. Yes, Smith may start there, but then we are relying on Tyron at LT and he is an injury waiting to happen at this point. Losing McG has created issues along the OL

2. Cutting Zeke was absolutely the right decision, but replacing 12 TDs and solid pass pro is not as easy as it sounds. Counting on TP to be a bell cow after recovering from a serious injury is risky. Big need at RB.

3. Letting Schultz walk is also the right decision, but replacing his production isn’t a sure thing at the moment either.

4. New offensive play caller and a “30%” new offensive system. Adjustments and learning curves for everyone.

5. And finally, WR. Ginormous gaping hole after Lamb. Noah Brown was our 2nd most productive WR (can’t believe I just typed that) and we STILL have done NOTHING to address the FAILURE from the Cooper fiasco last season.

All of those issues— and we still haven’t addressed the QB problems. Nothing but question marks and a roster full of holes.

Good thing the D looks to be even better in 2023. They may score more points than our offense will at the end of the day lol
Replacing Zeke diving 1 yard for 12 tds is a cake walk to replace.

but I agree that nothing matters until we improve the online.