What to do about our oline

locked&loaded

Reaction score
There big, there huge.

But there mediocre, average, above average at best

How can Brady just sit back there for what seems like minutes?it disgusts me.

What is wrong with our oline? Sure Flozell cant hear, sure gurode's snaps make the ball look like its filled with helium, but what is our true problem, just to dumb to pikc up the blitz? someone guide me to the light.

dwmyers

Reaction score
locked&loaded;1904957 said:
There big, there huge.

But there mediocre, average, above average at best.

Oh yeah, they so suck

:laugh2:

How many sacks did they give up this year? 45? 55? 65?

David.

landryscorner

Reaction score
Gurodes hesitation to snap the ball when romo calls it is a problem=coaching

colombo actually leads the cowboys in false starts=coaching

Flozell actually leads the whole NFL in flase starts=coaching

so the answer is coaching, this line is overrated, the only reason Barber
had good yardage all season long was because he's a great RB and he does things on his own IE like when he was trapped in the endzone and escaped from a gang tackle of defenders cutting up our OL like swiss cheese.

Flozells gonna demand big bucks...every player thinks hes worth more than what he receives so i say the cowboys let him go...

Gurode is way overrated, he probably will stay, he needs a lot of coaching in the snaps, it was evident in like 2 or 3 games this season where his snaps could of easily cost us the game, and was definetly costly this past game..

Colombo has a problem with false starts I think He is easily replaceable and if let go I think Phillips (or whoever is coaching next year) lets the team know why they are being replaced....

locked&loaded

Reaction score
dwmyers;1904980 said:
Oh yeah, they so suck

David.

Oh i guess you needed 3D glasses to see romo running for his life last night.

landryscorner

Reaction score
dwmyers;1904980 said:
Oh yeah, they so suck

David.

I don't know about you but i'de rather have 40 sacks on romo through out the regular season to take away the 2 He had sunday....

texbumthelife

Reaction score
landryscorner;1904981 said:
Gurodes hesitation to snap the ball when romo calls it is a problem=coaching

colombo actually leads the cowboys in false starts=coaching

Flozell actually leads the whole NFL in flase starts=coaching

so the answer is coaching, this line is overrated, the only reason Barber
had good yardage all season long was because he's a great RB and he does things on his own IE like when he was trapped in the endzone and escaped from a gang tackle of defenders cutting up our OL like swiss cheese.

Flozells gonna demand big bucks...every player thinks hes worth more than what he receives so i say the cowboys let him go...

Gurode is way overrated, he probably will stay, he needs a lot of coaching in the snaps, it was evident in like 2 or 3 games this season where his snaps could of easily cost us the game, and was definetly costly this past game..

Colombo has a problem with false starts I think He is easily replaceable and if let go I think Phillips (or whoever is coaching next year) lets the team know why they are being replaced....

Ok, so lets add left AND right tackle as well as center to the list of players we need? :banghead:

Some of you guys are just straight out of elementary school. Colombo is the best thing happening to this team on offense other than Witten and the only player on this team with some anger and aggression. I am down on Flozell but Gurode had been hurt for 5 weeks for gods sake. And, if a player has trouble snapping the ball in the shotgun, stop running it!

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
we need a real C who can snap the ball.

Flo needs to be released. i'd rather go with low salary kids then overpaid slobs with no discipline.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
texbumthelife;1905022 said:
Ok, so lets add left AND right tackle as well as center to the list of players we need? :banghead:

Some of you guys are just straight out of elementary school. Colombo is the best thing happening to this team on offense other than Witten and the only player on this team with some anger and aggression. I am down on Flozell but Gurode had been hurt for 5 weeks for gods sake. And, if a player has trouble snapping the ball in the shotgun, stop running it!

.... is that a joke, sarcasm, a pore attempt at humor? a piss pore attempt at humor?

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Its a good bunch overall, much better than most teams. They seem to need a strong coach to keep them focused or they get lazy & sloppy. Sunday's game was sloppy for sure but they had a pretty good season and were far better than any OL is quite some time.

I'd like to Flo back myself, LT is too important to not be sure.

All that said, I still cant believe they folded so bad in the second half....that is truely just bizare to me.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
There big, there huge.

What is wrong with our oline? Sure Flozell cant hear, sure gurode's snaps make the ball look like its filled with helium, but what is our true problem, just to dumb to pikc up the blitz? someone guide me to the light.

The Doug Frees and Pat McQuistans of the world will need to step it up in the offseason.

Reaction score
OMG stop it folks!!!!! The offensive line isn't the problem, Gurode was just coming off injury and that can happen when your center has been out.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
We drafted two tackles in last years draft hopefully they can come threw. We should let Flo walk IMO it would be a mistake to bring him back.

Also, I think we should let Free take over for Kosier. I think he's going to be a player for us next year.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
locked&loaded;1905031 said:
.... is that a joke, sarcasm, a pore attempt at humor? a piss pore attempt at humor?

None of the above. Gurode is uncomfortable snapping the ball and Romo seems uncomfortable standing back there (he tends to scramble much more when in shotgun). Stop running it.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
This is Our Year;1905066 said:
We drafted two tackles in last years draft hopefully they can come threw. We should let Flo walk IMO it would be a mistake to bring him back.

Also, I think we should let Free take over for Kosier. I think he's going to be a player for us next year.

I think Kosier is the weak spot on the line, IMO. Watch highlights of the game yesterday and you will see they blitzing over him the majority of the time. I dont know what Jerry saw in that guy, but he doesnt fit our style of line. He would be great in a zone blocking scheme, but not our power blocking scheme.

Kilyin

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1905065 said:
OMG stop it folks!!!!! The offensive line isn't the problem, Gurode was just coming off injury and that can happen when your center has been out.

Gurode has been screwing up shotgun snaps all year long. It's really amazing when you think about how many reps of snapping the ball the guy has to have accumulated over the years. He just can't do it consistently and it's really starting to get old.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
texbumthelife;1905071 said:
None of the above. Gurode is uncomfortable snapping the ball and Romo seems uncomfortable standing back there (he tends to scramble much more when in shotgun). Stop running it.

Ok:laugh2: ok :laugh1: my gut hurts. this joke has gone to far.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1905065 said:

Your excuse for the other four? Not that i believe the "just coming off an injury argument' is valid, and gurode has been snapping like crap this whole season.

juck

Reaction score
There big, there huge.

dumb fact:the pats always have white dudes on oline.always all of them.weird i think.

TEK2000

Reaction score
Might have had something to do with the fact that the Giants didn't respect our recievers in the 2nd half and sold out to stop the run. When we killed our selves with penalties to put in long down and distance situations... they blitzed the hell out of us.

BUT.. it must simply be that our entire OLine just sucks.

It can't have anything to do with everything else that was going on during the game huh.

Do the Giants play man to man on TO without help if he's healthy? Hmm... NO!
Do they blitz us like crazy if TO is healthy? NO!
Do we have to keep Witten in to block if they aren't blitzing? NO!
Are we able to run the ball because our passing threat forces them to put more guys in coverage? YES!

The OLine doesn't suck.. in fact, they have been quite good all season. We killed ourselves with penalties and our biggest offensive weapon was not the weapon we usually have... the Giants made adjustments and we helped them with our own penalties.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
locked&loaded;1904984 said:
Oh i guess you needed 3D glasses to see romo running for his life last night.

Doesn't mean they are mediocre either. Not to mention the Giants led the league in sacks and the O-Line didn't fall apart until the 4th quarter.

What to do about the O-Line? Get Gurode to snap the ball better out of the shotgun. Within one game of starting Barber the O-Line mysteriously was opening holes and the running game got going. Before fans questioned the O-Line's run blocking ability. It's pretty obvious that their run blocking wasn't so bad, it was that Julius is mediocre.

YAKUZA