What to do about our oline

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
The Oline are giants, one of the biggest, if not the biggest group of linemen in the league, and yet they still couldnt get a consistent push in the running game the entire season. Get them on the blocking sleds ASAP.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
This line is dumb...plain and simple. Flo needs to walk, sorry I know alot of people are terrified of the thought that a young player block Romo's blind side, you know kind of like the way Tony Ugoh did for Peyton Manning this season, but I think it's time to bring in smarter, more disciplined football players. Letting Flo go is a natural start.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
landryscorner;1904981 said:
Gurodes hesitation to snap the ball when romo calls it is a problem=coaching

colombo actually leads the cowboys in false starts=coaching

Flozell actually leads the whole NFL in flase starts=coaching

so the answer is coaching, this line is overrated, the only reason Barber
had good yardage all season long was because he's a great RB and he does things on his own IE like when he was trapped in the endzone and escaped from a gang tackle of defenders cutting up our OL like swiss cheese.

Flozells gonna demand big bucks...every player thinks hes worth more than what he receives so i say the cowboys let him go...

Gurode is way overrated, he probably will stay, he needs a lot of coaching in the snaps, it was evident in like 2 or 3 games this season where his snaps could of easily cost us the game, and was definetly costly this past game..

Colombo has a problem with false starts I think He is easily replaceable and if let go I think Phillips (or whoever is coaching next year) lets the team know why they are being replaced....

if Adams and Colombo are teammates, how can Colombo lead the Cowboys in false starts, if Adams leads the league?

Nexx

Reaction score
locked&loaded;1904984 said:
Oh i guess you needed 3D glasses to see romo running for his life last night.

+1, romo made the oline look better than they actually were this year.

sbark

Reaction score
Get the Oline a slot receiver ala Welcher from N.E.--------a guy that recognizes a full house blitz pakage....gets open in about 3 steps every play......catches 110 balls per year.......
a guy with yards after catch the defy logic..........

Just as Romo's ability to move makes a Oline look good, a Welcher type does wonders for what ailed the Boys' in last 4 games........

cml750

Reaction score
sbark;1905405 said:
Get the Oline a slot receiver ala Welcher from N.E.--------a guy that recognizes a full house blitz pakage....gets open in about 3 steps every play......catches 110 balls per year.......
a guy with yards after catch the defy logic..........

Just as Romo's ability to move makes a Oline look good, a Welcher type does wonders for what ailed the Boys' in last 4 games........

+1 :hammer:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
landryscorner;1904981 said:
Gurodes hesitation to snap the ball when romo calls it is a problem=coaching

colombo actually leads the cowboys in false starts=coaching

Flozell actually leads the whole NFL in flase starts=coaching

so the answer is coaching, this line is overrated,

I dont understand how coaches have anything to do with false starts. Players need to be held accountable at some point.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
the O-line got screwed from the middle of the 3rd on by play calling that abandoned the run. that's the problem.