What to do in the Dallas area on this weekend... in town to watch the game! *Merge*

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
gemys62;2478946 said:
:star: It's my boyfriend's birthday (he's a HUGE fan!) this weekend and we are going to Dallas for the Giants / Cowboys game. Can anyone give any suggestions on what we can do / go. We like R&B, jazz, etc.
house of blues....
check www.hob.com and see if anything appeals to you during your stay.

also try ghost bar.
they have celebrities there like lil jon(and tony romo) on occasion but its an experience to be sure. very good birthday idea.

might also try here: http://www.eightlounge.com/

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dallas22;2479055 said:
Are the SC's full or partial? :)

Thanks for ALL of this information so far, it's really appricaited. Please keep the suggestions coming.

My fiancee gave me this present for my birthday and I can't wait to enjoy my first and only game in Texas Stadium... GO COWBOYS!!!

mostly partial but there are full ones.

the fare is full and the fulls are BYOB.

the clubs can be really close together so if you find that strip club are on 35 you can hit more than 1 quite easily.

cowboyjack

Reaction score
For great seafood try Papadeaux off I35 or off of 75 north of 635. For a great steak, try Ruth's Chris steakhouse. Lawrey's for prime rib...... I moved to the middle of Kansas and I sure miss Dallas.

ETex

Reaction score
+1 for bone daddy's. - like hooters with out the pantyhoes. :)

I like going to the Stadium Corral outside gate 8. Basically it's a big tent with a live band that's actually pretty good. They have an on site Hooters (with some mighty-fine scenery), a full service bar (for my redbull&vodkas), ~10 old-skool projection HDTVs showing SD feed from the current games, and a burger/hot dog stand. It's $5 to get in and is open I think ~3hrs before kickoff and during the game as well as afterward. I was there for the Commanders game (also a night game) and it got pretty wild in there afterward. Good way to kill time while the lots clear out.

If you want a good sports bar, try Humperdinks on Northwest Highway @ I35. They have a free shuttle service to Texas Stadium for patrons.

BTW: The west end is dead. There are only a few places left. It's been replaced/surpassed by the more "trendy/upscale" victory park across the freeway by the W hotel.

:star:

ETex

Reaction score
cowboyjack;2479328 said:
For great seafood try Papadeaux off I35 or off of 75 north of 635. For a great steak, try Ruth's Chris steakhouse. Lawrey's for prime rib...... I moved to the middle of Kansas and I sure miss Dallas.

Good places but may I offer: THREE FORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bow::bow::bow:

My mouth is waterin' just thinking about it. :p:

Linky: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g55711-d460658-Reviews-Three_Forks-Dallas_Texas.html

#1 rated resturant in dallas, texas (although the french room @ the adulphous hotel is better IMHO

Dallas22

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info... very helpful. In the morning I'm out and coming into Big D ready to roll. Can't wait for the game but if anyone knows of what else is going on in Dallas this weekend please continue posting ideas in this thread. I will have internet access at the hotel I'm in so I'm going to check back if any other ideas. Thanks again & GO COWBOYS!!!

Dallas22

Reaction score
We are staying off 35E near some strip clubs so finding them shouldn't be a problem :) ... any bars or clubs that play techno, top 40 or dance music in the area? Which ones are the best? When do things get really going in the clubs? Thanks!

BHendri5

Reaction score
Hunt The Werder the unamed sources, they feed at the Ranch, but the uname sources are very elusive, so be bery bery quiet.

catskillthunder

Reaction score
Im getting on my plane from Albany NY in a few hours. Im really excited to be coming down to Texas Stadium for my first time. Im just gonna walk into the Blue Lot and start hanging with anyone and everyone I possibly can. It sure feels good to finally be able to hang with mostly Cowboys fans instead of always going to see our Boys' in the opposing stadium. See ya guys soon!!!

9xxx11

Reaction score
A good strip club that might fit ur style is the cabaret off of northwest highway and 35, All nude, heavy medal music, rock, and sum of the finest women..!!!! Is right behind the dave and busters headquarters...? Again .... REAL GOOD LOOKING WOMEN!!!!! And also tailgating is the ish I'm sure you'll find slot of giants fans roaming the field, and u fan miss the 10+ cars paint in cowboys colorsss with stars everywhere... Always a good site to see sum REAL fans!!! Enjoy ur stay...