What type of defensive player does Wade wish he had?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
We all know Wade is the defensive Guru and he inherited some good players all around. He has had one draft with us...

My question is: What is a Wade type of defensive player? What is he looking for in next draft to put his signature on the defense?

A shutdown corner
A great safety
Another DE or DE/LB
Nose tackle
DT

Thanks

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Rampage;1834471 said:
probably a shutdown corner and/or a great safety

Yeah that makes some sense to me...

If his defense is to be successful getting through with pressure with Ware, Spencer, Ellis... we gotta be able to give them "coverage sack" time atleast once in a while :D

I would like to see our corners/defenders disrupt the receivers a little more too... by whatever means necessary... maybe different players will allow that

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
The playes you guys are mentioning... how would you rate them on an aggressive scale?

Is that what Wade looks for?

We need ballhawks in the secondary.

We need a convict at NT :D

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I think he has what he needs, just some of them to step up their play

probably better pass-rush DEs who can also play the run well 1st pops into my head

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1834488 said:
I think he has what he needs, just some of them to step up their play

I dont know when I see him talk.... you just get the feeling he has a "wish list" LOL

Bob Sacamano;1834488 said:
probably better pass-rush DEs who can also play the run well 1st pops into my head

Yeah I think one more would be nice.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Next year we'll have Ratliff, Ferguson, and Tank.

Do we really need a NT or are we gonna let one of those two guys go?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
YoMick;1834455 said:
We all know Wade is the defensive Guru and he inherited some good players all around. He has had one draft with us...

My question is: What is a Wade type of defensive player? What is he looking for in next draft to put his signature on the defense?

A shutdown corner
A great safety
Another DE or DE/LB
Nose tackle
DT

Thanks

Kinda hard to come up with exotic blitz packages when you have to give freaking 10 yard cushions. :banghead:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1834585 said:
Kinda hard to come up with exotic blitz packages when you have to give freaking 10 yard cushions. :banghead:

Stop banging your head... its hurting mine

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Uhm ... How tha heck are we supposed to know? Ya gotta ask the man himself. This thread is kinda silly if you ask me.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
this team has more pass rusher's than it has true cover guys. our pass rush needs an extra second to fufill it's potential. no one on this team is a top cover guy outside of newman...that is disasterous in today's NFL. And we need speed at interior lber....gotta be able to come up the middle more and move a qb off of his spot. also, romo has to make too many plays...we need a consistent running game that can take some of the pressure of romo. and it would stop all the triple teams of TO. how disrespectful is that?...they TRIPLE team one guy? Every other skill position player on offense should be offended by this. Don't be fooled...Crayton is consistent, but don't wait until a game on a big stage and someone like Bellicheck makes TO invisible and Crayton does not come to the rescue to realize he is truly a #3 against the top teams. We need another legitimate WR to allow ALL of our weapons on offense to thrive against ANY TEAM. A dynamic PR will also remove the pressure of this offense ALWAYS having to travel 75 yards. These things would be my focus this off-season

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;1834455 said:

A shutdown corner
A great safety
Another DE or DE/LB
Nose tackle
DT

Thanks

Warren Sapp in his prime.