What Wade said; what Wade might/should have said . . . .

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3763209

"I don't know anything about that," Wade Phillips said when asked about a possible rift at his news conference on Thursday.

"We've thrown for a lot of yards with a lot of players. One receiver is pretty close to 1,000 yards. ... There's no favoritism there, we are going to the guy that is going to be open."

:star:

What Wade might have said in my football daydreams:

I believe we've already said how all those players mentioned are great competitors.

Beyond that, they have a job to do and this is to win games and make me look good.

Last I looked we have contracts with all the receivers. And all the talkative defensive players. So I expect them to focus on playing and not politicking. If getting back to work displeases ANY Dallas Cowboys players I want to know about it and see if I can accommodate that player somewhere else like Cleveland or Buffalo or Oakland . . . .

We are too busy trying to reach the playoffs. I cannot deal with girlish issues. No player is bigger than the team and no player is bigger than the position. You know who you are.

If any player has lingering questions, please see me within a day or forever hold your tongue and just do what you are told.

footnote: It was Wade's grandest moment, laddies, but then I remembered. It was only a dream. . . .

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
From the 50,000-watt hammer of football ethics, clever asides and truth, justice and the Armenian Way, Air Cowboys America from Farmers Branch where falling real estate values have nothing to do with our irrascible and folksy natures!

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

I won't bore you (further) with the season-long and week-long trail of tears of issues that have confronted the Dallas Cowboys.

Before you just X out of this post, considere one thing: Would the latest drama have happened with Parcells around?

Oh, no way do I pine for man boobs.

I am talking about an authority figure that players would respect: Parcells, Jimma, a Lombardini or Landry. Or, contemporarily speaking, a Cowher, Coughlin or Bellcheat. With these luminaries I don't think these issues would be taking so much time.

Wade's demeanor and stature do not work on the sidelines and they don't work in the lockerroom. And neither in his private office.

I know that we all pull for the Cowboys. The Zone, the unwashed fandom at large and the Free World. So in my heart I know that men of good will -- even you at the Zone -- will know, ultimately that Wade was the wrong coach at the right time. No, wait. Wade was in the right place at the wrong time.
OK, he's not the right coach. Smatter of fact he needs to be replaced at the end of the season. That is unless he wins the Super Bowl and then we can make him DC.

Peace on earth good will to them.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
What I really want to know is if this meeting took place on Monday, as I've seen reported in some places, why was it only being blown up on Thursday and why, if all these guys seemed so angry about things, were TO and Roy Williams doing interviews on Wednesday with smiles on their faces and talking about how they knew the team was ready to make their run, and all that?

It seems like to me that quite a bit of this has been blown up into something it simply wasn't and the more you read on it the less it seemed like it was a legit story, or deal, until the media morons got their hands on it and turned it into one.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
Coming to you live, from 50,000 watts of power, the Great and Grand Yogini, from Farmer's Branch - land of the face on a milk carton and voters without a voice (or hair)...

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2484478 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3763209

"I don't know anything about that," Wade Phillips said when asked about a possible rift at his news conference on Thursday.

"We've thrown for a lot of yards with a lot of players. One receiver is pretty close to 1,000 yards. ... There's no favoritism there, we are going to the guy that is going to be open."

:star:

What Wade might have said in my football daydreams:

I believe we've already said how all those players mentioned are great competitors.

Beyond that, they have a job to do and this is to win games and make me look good.

Last I looked we have contracts with all the receivers. And all the talkative defensive players. So I expect them to focus on playing and not politicking. If getting back to work displeases ANY Dallas Cowboys players I want to know about it and see if I can accommodate that player somewhere else like Cleveland or Buffalo or Oakland . . . .

We are too busy trying to reach the playoffs. I cannot deal with girlish issues. No player is bigger than the team and no player is bigger than the position. You know who you are.

If any player has lingering questions, please see me within a day or forever hold your tongue and just do what you are told.

footnote: It was Wade's grandest moment, laddies, but then I remembered. It was only a dream. . . .

HMMMMMMM where have I heard that before?