What was different today vs Rams?

gmb1

Reaction score
All three phases (O, D, ST) played up to their abilities for an entire game...and the play-calling didn’t suck. Unlike the rest of our games against quality opponents.

We’re now a .500 team in the league’s worst division, where 7-9 could still make the postseason.

Happy we’re still in the hunt, but this is — so far — an underachieving team.
7-9 is impossible now. Maybe 8-8 but I would believe either one of our teams will finish 9-7 and the division.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Woods was pretty dominant at times today, those huge holes up the middle didn't exist today.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Seriously? What did they do that made them look like a champion team?
You wanted coaching and a better game plan well you got it
1 missed tackle on defense also helped. The running game needs to be the offensive priority

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
All three phases (O, D, ST) played up to their abilities for an entire game...and the play-calling didn’t suck. Unlike the rest of our games against quality opponents.

We’re now a .500 team in the league’s worst division, where 7-9 could still make the postseason.

Happy we’re still in the hunt, but this is — so far — an underachieving team.
No, 7-9 cannot make the playoffs. Either us or Philly will get # 8 next week.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The OL blocking scheme. Opened holes for Zeke to get going and he did. Pollard alsohaf s ton of room. This is the 2nd game where both had over 100 yards.

Defense played more man than I've seen in recent past. The rams offense didn't get going untill we were playing backups and prevent defense. Our starters held them to 7. This game wasn't close at all.

willia451

Reaction score
Nobody knows. That's the thing with this franchise. I doubt even they know.

I'm sure the Rams had no idea what was coming. Why should they?

Fredbeard

Reaction score
I think this game was more important to the cowboys .they were desperate to end a three game losing streak and motivated to beat a team who humiliated them in the playoffs last year

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
run defense and oline dominated. same thing the Rams did to use during our playoff game

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Dallas OL went back to what they've been in the past today vs. the Rams. Can they do that 2 weeks in a row vs. Philly? Next week should answer that lingering question. Philly will surely be getting the benefit of the home field calls, so let's bear that in mind as the game approaches. Hopefully, the C'boys will show up well prepared to nullify their home field advantage. Let's hope the intensity will be a "balls-to-the-wall" affair. If so, anything can happen!

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
Seriously? What did they do that made them look like a champion team?

the motivation that if they lose they might have to play for a real HC next season who would actually discipline them and hold them accountable

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Rams dominated the line of scrimmage in the playoff game. Today, it was the Cowboys.

cowboyec

Reaction score
didnt see alot of negative plays.
we stayed with the run.
we were much better in stopping the run and in pass coverage.
our tackling was superb.
both sides of the ball fought their ***** off.
lotta effort.
lotta hustle.
THIS is The Dallas Cowboys.