What was our preseason record in 1995?

fortdick

Reaction score
Didn't we have an abyssmal start in 1995? Wasn't that the year Emmit was a hold out? Why does anyone put any stock in the first preseason game?

IF we go by the first week of preseason, it looks liike the Falcons win it all, with the Niners a close second. Don't count out the Browns after they whacked a tuff Giants team with lil' Manning at QB!

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
fortdick said:
Didn't we have an abyssmal start in 1995? Wasn't that the year Emmit was a hold out? Why does anyone put any stock in the first preseason game?

IF we go by the first week of preseason, it looks liike the Falcons win it all, with the Niners a close second. Don't count out the Browns after they whacked a tuff Giants team with lil' Manning at QB!

Emmitt held out the 93 season.(remember after the Superbowl)Not shure of 95's preseason.It was 95.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Emmitt's only holdout, as far as I can remember, was the first 2 games of the 1993 season.

We started out 0-2 and Jerry caved in to Emmitt's demands.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
Emmitt's only holdout, as far as I can remember, was the first 2 games of the 1993 season.

:hammer:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
'93, '95... doesn't matter. Both of those teams had far more talent than this one. I was never concerned about those teams not looking good in the preseason. But you show me a team that has a questionable identity at this point with several question marks throughout the starting lineup and I'm more inclined to believe one particular bad performance represents the actual reality of the situation. Next Monday night is very, very important for this franchise.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
'93, '95... doesn't matter. Both of those teams had far more talent than this one. I was never concerned about those teams not looking good in the preseason. But you show me a team that has a questionable identity at this point with several question marks throughout the starting lineup and I'm more inclined to believe one particular bad performance represents the actual reality of the situation. Next Monday night is very, very important for this franchise.
Hey Mikey, did you read the Spags article WG posted?

Bledsoe has called us out.

"The Chicken Littles of This World".
:D

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:

LOL!

Yep.

But did you see Bledosoe's feet in the pocket? OMG! He was dancing a jig back there! Yeah, the protection sucked but the man looked scared to me. I don't care what anyone says, Vinny was far more nimble in the pocket. He could move laterally a few steps to avoid problems. Bledsoe moves back & up but not laterally.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:

If Dallas lights it up next Monday night and looks fantastic... will you think that's the actual reality of the situation?

Not trying to be smart-alec... I'm just really wondering if you'll believe that the team is as good as it looked in a pre-season game (although the second game is more indicative of the real team than the first pre-season game).

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

That sig pic is killing me :lmao:

fortdick

Reaction score
AsthmaField said:

That was the year I was thinking of. And Jerry should have caved in to Emmit!

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
you know what needs to happen in pre-season to be successful?

go injury free.

nothing else really matters.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Preseason is not about wins and loses never has been

It is how some guys play and also injuries yes. For a young players it is about getting adjust to the speed and physical demands learning; for vets it is about surving and in some cases for Vet QB's that have big time questions if they are washed up to prove otherwise.

In this case Drew can quack all he wants; but last I look his game speaks for it self and that has not been a pretty site for a while now.

So Drew when you prove us wrong then you can quack so far all you have shown is nothing has changed and your quack sounds mighty weak

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
fortdick said:
IF we go by the first week of preseason, it looks liike the Falcons win it all, with the Niners a close second.

And it looks like we'll win the division ...

..................... W L T PF PA
Dallas ............. 0 1 0 11 13
N.Y. Giants ...... 0 1 0 14 17
Philadelphia ...... 0 1 0 31 38
Washington ...... 0 1 0 10 28

DMX690

Reaction score
There's a reason why they call this preseason because its preseason. It's a six weeks long process to get ready for the regular season. I'm just curious as to why so many fans, feel it necessary for the team to look great in August when in reality you want your team to peak in November and December. That's when you want the team to play at its best. Preseason games should just be more about evaluating young players and establishing a new scheme to the team. If the team win the game its a bonus, but the last time i check winning in August will not help you win come September.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AsthmaField said:
If Dallas lights it up next Monday night and looks fantastic... will you think that's the actual reality of the situation?

Not trying to be smart-alec... I'm just really wondering if you'll believe that the team is as good as it looked in a pre-season game (although the second game is more indicative of the real team than the first pre-season game).

Asthma... no I don't think you're being a smart-alec.

Let me first say I'm a direct marketer by trade. I base the success or failure of any marketing campaign not on my own person preferance but by what the numbers say. I try to "leave emotion at the door" and let the cold hard facts speak for themselves.

I think we can all judge the accuracy of the first preseason game but what we see in the second. And the accuracy of the second by what we see in the third. Show me a pattern, show me a trend.

I would be happier if they did put up some numbers in the second game, but I wouldn't get real excited until they showed me a little more in the 3rd.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
But did you see Bledosoe's feet in the pocket? OMG! He was dancing a jig back there! Yeah, the protection sucked but the man looked scared to me. I don't care what anyone says, Vinny was far more nimble in the pocket. He could move laterally a few steps to avoid problems. Bledsoe moves back & up but not laterally.
I didn't see it that way. Bledsoe was rushed on most plays, and on others he held the ball too long. But that, to me, was a factor of our receivers not getting much separation. Parcells also indicated in his press conference that he wasn't showing many of his cards. He said Glenn was open deep all night but they didn't go that route, for whatever reason.

My only worry out of the first pre-season game is the offensive line. They looked uninterested and made a lot of mental mistakes.