What was the best thing about the boys 2005 season?

CowboyMark

Reaction score
To me it's a toss up between sweeping the eagles and the young up and coming defense. But since I am more excited about the futute doomsday defense II I have to go with that. Whats yours?

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
All the games that came down to the final "play". It shows that we can stick with the better teams in this NFL and that our team is one who SHOULD pose a threat next season, especially if we put all the pieces in the right places this offseason(K,FS,OT)
1st choice-Breathtaking Finishes
-runner up- young up and coming Defense

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
I was skeptical about the D, but it looked pretty good with the exception of a couple of plays.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
demdcowboys#1 said:
All the games that came down to the final "play". It shows that we can stick with the better teams in this NFL and that our team is one who SHOULD pose a threat next season, especially if we put all the pieces in the right places this offseason(K,FS,OT)
1st choice-Breathtaking Finishes
-runner up- young up and coming Defense

Or that the NFL is so full of parity every team is almost as good as the others..

I loved what our Defense could become.
I liked that Bledsoe showed, as long as he doesn't have 2 scrub tackles, he can get it done.
Barber was a pleasant surprise.
Crayton's start was nice, hope he can pick that up again.
Henry looks like the other corner we have been chasing for years.
Ware looked really good.
James stepping it up.
Our rookie DL.

Alot of things to get excited about. Just hope that we can add some nice young talent to the offense. I like Crayton, and our stable of backs, would be nice to get some good young OL, and a nice young WR.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Coulda picked probably 2. I like the way our defense is headed especially with the youth. There were flashes of brilliance and some things that left ya shaking your head. Very solid effort from the rookies IMO. Bradie James should of been included. That guy took a huge step this year. Completely impressed. Can't wait to see him next year.

Bledsoe didn't have a phenom of a season but I will say this.....
It was nice to not hold my breath every time the ball left our quarterbacks hand. We had alot more good performances than bad from him. We had many solid drives which have been lacking the last few years. He made a very anemic and under talented offense look at least decent most times. The thing I like the most is his leadership abilities. The dude is tough. There were a lot of peopole dis-agreeing with him playing when the game was out of reach. I liked the fact the guy stood in there with his team, took a beating and let them know we got into this as a team and will finish it that way.
If My grade was worth a ****............ I'd give him a solid B.

The Eagles sweep didn't make me want to run up a mountain and holler. They sucked this year.

The final play gig this year was awesome......the milli-second the game ended. My family, dog included, can't take many more of those.

superpunk

Reaction score
I gotta go with the defense. I had no idea they'd take to the 3-4 so quickly, and that stretch midseason when they were pretty healthy (although still without Henry) and shut down 4 of the best offenses in the league, had me thrilled. I love this defense. And it looks like it's for real, not smoke and mirrors BS like in 2003.

Calicowboy

Reaction score
It's been so long since we have beat the Iggles, I had to go with this option. First one we blew them out. Second one, the look on the Iggle fans were priceless. Especially, the two teens, and the guy with the green paint all over his head.....AWESOME!

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Bledsoe's season by far....without him, this team would have been mired in the NFC doldrums with the Eagles. Drew also saved Parcell's and Glenn's careers as well when you think about it. Here's looking forward to a deep run in 06' with drew at the helm. :bow:

ravidubey

Reaction score
The way the team came together to beat Philly in Dallas. It was a dominating performance when Philly still had both McNabb and Owens.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Bledsoe having a good season. That just gives me alittle relief in him as our QB this comming season.

Terry Glenns season comes in second.

Jay

Reaction score
It's summarized in one play for me: Roy Williams intercepts McNabb, runs for a TD, we sweep the Eagles and Bradie James knocks McNabb out for the season.

We basically crushed the Eagles hopes for this season, and it was a beautiful thing to witness.