WHAT WAS THE MOST embarrassing?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Who was the most embarrassing player in the Dallas Cowboys History

and

What was the most embarrassing event in Dallas Cowboys History (outside of TO star mistreatment)

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
I dont have a particular player, but i do have a moment.

2years ago when we played the dolphins on thanksgiving. Me &and 3 dolphins fans,and one cowboy fan flew up to dallas for the game. What a complete humiliation. We had the number 1 defense, and miami 's offense was average at best. Yet we let rubber armed jay fielder have the best game of his freakin career in our house. But i must say miami's gameplan was completely different from what i saw up to that point. Their offense consisted of run ricky left, run ricky right, and pass occassionaly. That was clearly the best offensive game of the wannstedt regime.

What really pissed me off was the number of dolphin fans at texas stadium. They must have had 20,000 strong. What really took the cake was when i got back to miami, i picked up a copy of the sun-sentinal to find one of the guys i took to the game had his picture in the paper holding up a fiedler jersey. Horrible day all around. Hopefully the boys can return the favor in 2006. Other than our division foes, the dolphins are a team i hate and despise.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Leon Lett, Clayton Holmes and yes Michael Irvin for getting in trouble repeatedly.

Irvin has made amends by getting clean.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Leon Lett....

Both leon lett's instances standout...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
QC probably should get some mention...he was the starting QB on the highest profile sports franchise there is, and the guy couldnt stay clean...got cut and now cant get a job anywhere...

he has a slew of embarrassing on the field moments, but his performance vs Houstan in their first game ever would be at or near the top of the list...what was it, the first time in 40 yrs an expansion team won its first game? and they did it with a rookie QB

David

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
I would say Quincy's impersonation of a QB would have to be the most embarrassing person... and the most embarassing moment would be a tie between allowing Buffalo to get one of thier two wins in 1984 I think against the Cowboys or losing the season opener to Houston three years ago.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Deion Sanders losing a game for us because he was dancing around and pointing to the sky instead of counting the players on the field like he was supposed to do as the punt returner.

We had 12 men on the field and were penalized 5 yards because of it. The other team wa awarded a first down and went on to score the winning points.

It is the return man's responsibility to count the players on the field before the snap to be sure that they have the correct number. If not he can call a time out.

The other would be Jackie Smith dropping Staubach's pass in the end zone in the 1978 SB. At least Jackie wasn't doing something stupid when he dropped it though.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
QC probably should get some mention...he was the starting QB on the highest profile sports franchise there is, and the guy couldnt stay clean...got cut and now cant get a job anywhere...

he has a slew of embarrassing on the field moments, but his performance vs Houstan in their first game ever would be at or near the top of the list...what was it, the first time in 40 yrs an expansion team won its first game? and they did it with a rookie QB

David

The embarassment for Quincy Carter should go to Jerry Jones for being the idiot who selected him, not to Quincy for being stupid. He was stupid in college so why would he be any different in the NFL?

Jerry totally blew that draft and should have been tested for drugs himself. That was easily one of the most embarassing drafts I have every seen. It was only a couple of years ago and not a single player is still on the team and most are no longer playing at all (yeah I know Willie Blade is technically on the team but he has been cut by us a couple of times now but is on IR and not likely to ever play for us).

If anyone doesn't like Quincy Carter for being stupid then they should blame Jerry for being stupid enough to draft him.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's see....Gotta rank Leons football follies up there.

Gotta think of the off the field problems of Irvin.

One thing that I just gave me the dropped jaw look on my face was when Jerry Drafted QC and then went on to say they had the same birthday and I think zodiak sign.....that just floored me as a reason to think he was a good pick.

Or how about Jerry talking about Aikman and the shower lol.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I believe it was 1993.. Leon Lett going after a blocked field goal in the snow costing us a sure win.

The 1989 Buddy Ryan Bounty Bowl Game.

Winning one game that whole year (89')--- that was my sophmore year in HS... very tough to cope!

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER said:
Winning one game that whole year (89')--- that was my sophmore year in HS... very tough to cope!

Yeah, but that one win was against the Commanders! :skins:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
For embarrassing moment I gotta go with "the Catch." If only because it gets played over and over and over again.

A close second for me will be McNabb's seemingly 20 minute scramble and bomb last year.

Jackie Smith's drop in the endzone is up there.

It's on the ref not the team but the Pass Interferance call on Benny Barnes instead of Lynn Swann is pretty embarrassing.

For player I'd have to go with Rod Hill. A colossal bust for a 1st round pick. There have been some embarrassing off the field antics that could be mentioned but just the fact we drafed that stiff at all is tops.

notherbob

Reaction score
For off-field activities, Rentzel, Septien and Irvin; for on-field, Leon Lett's all-time-great gaffs. On general principles, QC and his miscues and underlying it all, JJ and all his mindless, ego-driven transgressions against common sense and dignity that are too numerous to mention, but we can start with the fiasco of trading up to draft QC and then throw him to the wolves utterly unprepared.

In my view, JJ is an embarrassment to the Cowboys and the NFL as well. It is his team and he is indeed entitled to embarrass himself as many ways as he wishes. If he is unaware that he should be embarrassed, that says other things.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Who was the most embarrassing player in the Dallas Cowboys History

and

What was the most embarrassing event in Dallas Cowboys History (outside of TO star mistreatment)

Ryan Leaf comes straight to mind
and Jackie Smith

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
THUMPER said:
Yeah, but that one win was against the Commanders! :skins:

plus it got us Aikman. I was sort of hoping to lose that last game to get Aikman. Sometimes 1-15 can be better than 4-12, in hindsight it turned out to be so

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
fiveandcounting said:
plus it got us Aikman. I was sort of hoping to lose that last game to get Aikman. Sometimes 1-15 can be better than 4-12, in hindsight it turned out to be so
Ummm... they already HAD Aikman... he was out with a broken finger.

burmafrd

Reaction score
ON FIELD- Lett easily. Here was a guy who COULD have had a HOF career. His stupidity on those two plays were only exceeded by his stupidity with drugs.
Off field he and Q seem tied. Though Badrich and his hit and run is close.

DISHONORABLE MENTION ON FIELD: Phil (HOLD EVERYONE) Pozderac and the 3 plays in a row he got caught.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
What Hollywood Henderson admitted doing during Super Bowl XIII (cocaine) has to rank up there as one of the most embarrassing Cowboy moments.