What was Tony Romo's all time best game?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Colts game in 2006 and Seattle in 2014 were his signature games
Two great wins
Anyway, with him at the helm, the Cowboys:

Beat Super Bowl Champ Colts on the road in 2006
Beat Super Bowl Champ Giants on the road in 2007
Beat Super Bowl Champ Saints on the road in 2009
Beat Super Bowl runner-up San Francisco on the road in 2013
Beat Super Bowl runner-up Seattle on the road in 2014

Some seriously tough regular season wins.
Just wish we had hardware to show for it in the post-season.

Last edited:

Cebrin

Reaction score
Im surprised no one said Seattle 2014. That's my pick. Statistically i'm sure it's not. However, the way he controlled the offense and making the plays to continue drive was some of his finest work.
Was about to say this. Was it 3rd, and 17 to T Will? Man... That play took me out my seat.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Two great wins
with him at the helm, the Cowboys:

Beat Super Bowl Champ Colts on the road in 2006
Beat Super Bowl Champ Giants on the road in 2007
Beat Super Bowl Champ Saints on the road in 2009
Beat NFC finalist San Francisco on the road in 2012
Beat Super Bowl runner-up Seattle on the road in 2014

Some seriously tough regular season wins.
Just wish we had hardware to show for it in the post-season.
Giants game is up there too. Up until that point there was still debate in where he was legit or a fluke

DFWJC

Reaction score
2014 Colts. IIRC 90% completion percentage.
And those Colts went to the AFC Championship game.

I have a hard time including "great" performances unless they were vs good or great teams.

Overall, it was possible the best statistical December by a Cowboys QB in history
Carried over to the playoffs that year too, but not enough to get to the NFC finals

Last edited:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
That he never had a defense and basically carried this franchise for 10 + years. So sad.

Mostly true but if we are being honest Romo did some questionable things along the way. Good player. Could have been better.

joseephuss

Reaction score
2014 Colts. IIRC 90% completion percentage.

And those Colts went to the AFC Championship game.

I have a hard time including "great" performances unless they were vs good or great teams.

I remember going into that game there being some thinking Dallas was due for a let down and it was the kind of game they typically lose under Garrett. They fired on all cylinders that day and Romo was nearly perfect. They won easily dismantling a very good Colts team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
His football career is a true tragedy. One of the best players to ever play the position, yet nothing ever went his way. Hell, name one time in a big game anyone on his team ever made a big play for him ( offense or defense ). For how loved Demarcus Ware was he choked harder in big games then Romo ever dreamed of.

Patrick Crayton drop NFC divisional
Dez Drop NFC divisional
Miles can't find ball misses playoffs because of it

Those are just the easy ones I remember. He never had a player do one thing to help him win a big game.
he was out modern day Danny White. Danny White was really good and led the cowboys to three straight NFCCG I believe, yet he could never get over the hump......

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m shocked nobody brought up the Colts game from 2014. Romo tore them up so badly that the backups played in the 4th qtr

DFWJC

Reaction score
I’m shocked nobody brought up the Colts game from 2014. Romo tore them up so badly that the backups played in the 4th qtr
A couple of us did
4 TDs, 0 picks, 90% comp rate, and call of the dogs early or it would've been even more
And the opponent was very good

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Probably the Philly playoff game for me. One of the last times I thought we might win a SB with him.