What was your favorite SuperBowl?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Tommy-the-Greek said:
What was your favorite SuperBowl game and why?

Dallas over Miami. Because after years of being called chokers Dallas was finally being called World Champs. Also after seeing how dejected Bob Lilly looked after the SB loss to the Colts the year before it was great to see the hard work pay off for Lilly and the others.

Tommy-the-Greek

Reaction score
My Favorite was the 87 Skin win. Doug Williams forever ended the black Qb question mark. He led his team thru the playoffs and his 2nd quarter performance blew that game wide open. No Qb has ever thrown for 4 TD's in less then 9 minutes in a superbowl game. He forever stopped the mediots from judging a Qb by the color of there skin. That game was a watershed moment for the NFL.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Our First Ring

Super Bowl VI
Dallas 24, Miami 3

Tulane Stadium
New Orleans, Louisiana
January 16, 1972
Attendance: 81,023
MVP: Roger Staubach, QB, Dallas

Super Bowl VI Boxscore | Super Bowl VI Ticket and Ring

The Cowboys rushed for a record 252 yards and their defense limited the Dolphins to a low of 185 yards while not permitting a touchdown for the first time in Super Bowl history.

Dallas converted Chuck Howley's recovery of Larry Csonka's first fumble of the season into a 3-0 advantage and led at halftime 10-3.

After Dallas received the second-half kickoff, Duane Thomas led a 71-yard march in eight plays for a 17-3 margin.

Howley intercepted Bob Griese's pass at the 50 and returned it to the Miami 9 early in the fourth period, and three plays later Roger Staubach passed 7 yards to Mike Ditka for the final touchdown.

Thomas rushed for 95 yards and Walt Garrison gained 74.

Staubach, voted the game's most valuable player, completed 12 of 19 passes for 119 yards and two touchdowns.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tommy-the-Greek said:
Super Bowl XXVII because I had waited 15 long years. My wife was expecting our first child and I kept begging her not to go into labor during the game.

jsond

Reaction score
Super Bowl XXVII..we arrived a year early and it was so nice to get another ring after waiting so long. But even better knowing that more were to come, considering the talent and youth on that team.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Super Bowl 27.

Because the Buffalo Bills were so outmatched, that I could sit back and drink beer after beer without batting an eye. It was the most relaxed I have ever been during a Cowboys Super Bowl.

It was like hitting "autopilot" from the driver's seat of a Ferrari.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Tommy-the-Greek said:
My Favorite was the 87 Skin win. Doug Williams forever ended the black Qb question mark. He led his team thru the playoffs and his 2nd quarter performance blew that game wide open. No Qb has ever thrown for 4 TD's in less then 9 minutes in a superbowl game. He forever stopped the mediots from judging a Qb by the color of there skin. That game was a watershed moment for the NFL.

:rolleyes: Worst game ever!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Tommy-the-Greek said:

1972, 1978, 1992, 1993, 1995 because it brought the trophy home to Big "D"!:beer2:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Super Bowl XXVII because I had waited 15 long years. My wife was expecting our first child and I kept begging her not to go into labor during the game.

They can take my house, my car.....but they can't take away my memories :D

Super Bowl XXVII
Dallas 52, Buffalo 17

Rose Bowl
Pasadena, California
January 31, 1993
Attendance: 98,374
MVP: Troy Aikman, QB, Dallas

Super Bowl XXVII Boxscore | Super Bowl XXVII Ticket and Ring

The Dallas defense forced nine Buffalo turnovers. (AP)
Troy Aikman passed for four touchdowns, Emmitt Smith rushed for 108 yards, and the Cowboys converted nine turnovers into 35 points while coasting to the victory.

Dallas's win was its third in its record sixth Super Bowl appearance; the Bills became the first team to drop three in succession.

Buffalo led 7-0 until the first two of its record number of turnovers helped the Cowboys take the lead for good late in the opening quarter.

First, Dallas safety James Washington intercepted Jim Kelly's pass and returned it 13 yards to the Bills' 47, setting up Aikman's 23-yard touchdown pass to tight end Jay Novacek with 1:36 remaining in the period. On the next play from scrimmage, Kelly was sacked by Charles Haley and fumbled at the Bills' 2-yard line where the Cowboys' Jimmie Jones picked up the loose ball and ran two yards for a touchdown.

Dallas, which recovered five fumbles and intercepted four passes, struck just as quickly late in the first half, when Aikman tossed 19- and 18-yard touchdown passes to Michael Irvin 18 seconds apart to give the Cowboys a 28-10 lead at intermission. The second score was set up when Bills running back Thurman Thomas lost a fumble at his 19-yard line.

Buffalo scored for the last time when backup quarterback Frank Reich, playing because Kelly was injured while attempting to pass midway through the second quarter, threw a 40-yard touchdown pass to Don Beebe on the final play of the third period to trim the deficit to 31-17.

But Dallas put the game out of reach by scoring three times in a span of 2:33 of the fourth quarter.

Aikman, the game's most valuable player, completed 22 of 30 passes for 273 yards.

The victory was the ninth in succession for the NFC over the AFC.

Tommy-the-Greek

Reaction score
kingwhicker said:
Actually, I guess my favorite was 28- only great teams can win back to back.

As a Commander fan it is very hard for me to say this, but that 93 Cowboy team may have been one of the greatest teams ever.

When the mediots talk about the greatest team ever the 93 Cowboy team never seems to get the credit they deserve. The mediots will mention the 85 Bears and the 72 Dolphins and a few Steeler teams and a few Niner teams. I think that 93 Cowboy team could have beat them all.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Tommy-the-Greek said:
As a Commander fan it is very hard for me to say this, but that 93 Cowboy team may have been one of the greatest teams ever.

When the mediots talk about the greatest team ever the 93 Cowboy team never seems to get the credit they deserve. The mediots will mention the 85 Bears and the 72 Dolphins and a few Steeler teams and a few Niner teams. I think that 93 Cowboy team could have beat them all.

I agree- they probably were the best team. The 82 and 91 Commanders don't get much love either but were both great teams.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
They can take my house, my car.....but they can't take away my memories :D

Super Bowl XXVII
Dallas 52, Buffalo 17

Rose Bowl
Pasadena, California
January 31, 1993
Attendance: 98,374
MVP: Troy Aikman, QB, Dallas

Super Bowl XXVII Boxscore | Super Bowl XXVII Ticket and Ring

The Dallas defense forced nine Buffalo turnovers. (AP)
Troy Aikman passed for four touchdowns, Emmitt Smith rushed for 108 yards, and the Cowboys converted nine turnovers into 35 points while coasting to the victory.

Dallas's win was its third in its record sixth Super Bowl appearance; the Bills became the first team to drop three in succession.

Buffalo led 7-0 until the first two of its record number of turnovers helped the Cowboys take the lead for good late in the opening quarter.

First, Dallas safety James Washington intercepted Jim Kelly's pass and returned it 13 yards to the Bills' 47, setting up Aikman's 23-yard touchdown pass to tight end Jay Novacek with 1:36 remaining in the period. On the next play from scrimmage, Kelly was sacked by Charles Haley and fumbled at the Bills' 2-yard line where the Cowboys' Jimmie Jones picked up the loose ball and ran two yards for a touchdown.

Dallas, which recovered five fumbles and intercepted four passes, struck just as quickly late in the first half, when Aikman tossed 19- and 18-yard touchdown passes to Michael Irvin 18 seconds apart to give the Cowboys a 28-10 lead at intermission. The second score was set up when Bills running back Thurman Thomas lost a fumble at his 19-yard line.

Buffalo scored for the last time when backup quarterback Frank Reich, playing because Kelly was injured while attempting to pass midway through the second quarter, threw a 40-yard touchdown pass to Don Beebe on the final play of the third period to trim the deficit to 31-17.

But Dallas put the game out of reach by scoring three times in a span of 2:33 of the fourth quarter.

Aikman, the game's most valuable player, completed 22 of 30 passes for 273 yards.

The victory was the ninth in succession for the NFC over the AFC.

Man that was such a great game not only because we shut up alot of the mediots but because we had gone through so much to get back to the big game.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
CliffnMesquite said:
Superbowl XXX. We finally beat the damned Steelers.

Super Bowl XXX
Dallas 27, Pittsburgh 17

Sun Devil Stadium
Tempe, Arizona
January 28, 1996
Attendance: 76,347
MVP: Larry Brown, CB, Dallas

Super Bowl XXX Boxscore | Super Bowl XXX Ticket and Ring

Larry Brown's two interceptions earned him MVP honors. (AP)
Cornerback Larry Brown's two interceptions led to 14 second-half points and helped lift the Cowboys to their third Super Bowl victory in the last four seasons and their record-tying fifth title overall. Brown's interceptions foiled the comeback efforts of the Steelers, and earned him the Pete Rozelle Trophy as the game's most valuable player.

Dallas scored on each of its first three possessions, taking a 13-0 lead on Troy Aikman's 3-yard touchdown pass to Jay Novacek and a pair of field goals by Chris Boniol. Neil O'Donnell's 6-yard touchdown pass to Yancey Thigpen 13 seconds before halftime pulled Pittsburgh within 6 points, and the Steelers had the ball near midfield midway through the third quarter. But O'Donnell's third-down pass was intercepted by Brown at the Cowboys' 38-yard line, and his 44-yard return carried to Pittsburgh's 18.

After Aikman's 17-yard completion to Michael Irvin, Emmitt Smith ran one yard for the touchdown that put Dallas ahead again by 13 points. The Steelers rallied, though, behind Norm Johnson's 46-yard field goal, a successful surprise onside kick, and Byron (Bam) Morris's 1-yard touchdown run with 6:36 to play in the game.

And when they forced a punt and took possession at their own 32-yard line trailing only 20-17 with 4:15 remaining, it appeared they might have a chance to break the NFC's recent domination in the Super Bowl. But on second down, Brown struck again, intercepting O'Donnell's pass at the 39 and returning it 33 yards to the six.

Two plays later, Smith barreled over from four yards out for the clinching touchdown with 3:43 to go. Pittsburgh limited the Cowboys' powerful running game to only 56 yards and enjoyed a whopping 201-61 advantage in total yards in the second half, but could not overcome the three interceptions (another came on the game's final play) thrown by O'Donnell, the NFL's career leader for fewest interceptions per pass attempt.

In all, O'Donnell completed 28 of 49 passes for 239 yards. Morris rushed for a game-high 73 yards on 19 carries. For Dallas, Aikman completed 15 of 23 pass attempts for 209 yards.

The Cowboys' victory was the twelfth in a row for NFC teams over AFC teams in the Super Bowl.

It's been 10 years.......That's too DANG LONG

danzig

Reaction score
Tommy-the-Greek said:

Its nice to read this from a fan of another team. I have long thought that the 93 Team was very underated in the History of "Great Teams". The Cowboys had 3rd string players who could have started for most of the teams in the NFL. That Defense was always fresh because of the Rotation they were able to employ. They were also 1yd (or a dumb play by Lett) from scoring the most points in SB history.

Thats my favorite Cowboy SB, although the best SB of all time might have been the Giants over the Bills 2 years earlier. If im not mistaken, its the closest SB ever played. Honarable mention the Pats vs the Panthers.