What we learned from Titans' win over Cowboys

waving monkey

Reaction score
Marcus Mariota's steadiest game in five weeks paced the Tennessee Titans (4-4) to a 28-14 victory over the Dallas Cowboys (3-5) on Monday night to conclude Week 9. Here's what we learned:

1. The Titans didn't win a single game in the month of October, but with the AFC South slipping away, they returned from a long trip to London and the longer bye week that followed with their most impressive performance since Week 4. Tennessee executed a patient balance game-plan on offense, one built on creating manageable third downs and extending drives. Mariota (21 of 29, 240 yards, 3 total TDs) was the perfect point man, making some of the boldest throws of his career and playing smart football. On the arm and legs of Mariota, Tennessee converted 11 of 14 third downs. The Titans held the ball for 34 minutes and punted just once all game. Mike Vrabel's defense came to play, holding Dallas scoreless in the second half with the help of a healthy pass rush and well-timed blitzes. After shutting the Cowboys down on four straight plays in the red zone late in the fourth quarter, Tennessee fittingly sealed the deal with a final third-down conversion, a Mariota play-action sweep to the sticks. Just like that, the Titans are back in contention in the AFC South, just 1.5 games behind the Houston Texans with a game to go against the division leaders.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000985119/article/what-we-learned-from-titans-win-over-cowboys

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I didn't really want to learn any of that. What I did learn was I wasted time downloading an app so I could watch our game on my phone. All I can hope for now is that the Grinch steals football before it ruins Thanksgiving dinner.

black label

Reaction score
We ;earned we are a bad team thats going to give a scrub 100 million plus thats going to take us down for the next 10 years

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We learned our secondary is terrible. We failed to adjust defensively and failed to stop Mariota. Infact we made mediokra look like tom Brady.

jsb357

Reaction score
The Titans better utilized the off week, were better prepared, and were healthier than they have been the entire season.

Dallas well you know...

kastanza

silvrNblue

Reaction score
We "learned" what all of us have been raising heck about now for 8 years... Garrett is a fool, Linehan is a moron and Jerrah has about as much football savvy as a 3 year old has with picking a car off a used lot. I only waisted about 20 mins of my night on this game, turned it on 3rd qtr and watch is go 3 and outs on some of the same tired same look offensive play calling while Tenn ran all over us. Our coaching staff is a joke, and THAT my friends falls right at the feet of the clapping carrot, HE is the leader, yet he looked exactly like Dak after the ball is snapped, LOST! Stick a fork in them, we lose out the rest of the season. Ah ok I'll given em 1 more win and we finish at 4-12

Brax

Reaction score
Marcus Mariota's steadiest game in five weeks paced the Tennessee Titans (4-4) to a 28-14 victory over the Dallas Cowboys (3-5) on Monday night to conclude Week 9. Here's what we learned:

1. The Titans didn't win a single game in the month of October, but with the AFC South slipping away, they returned from a long trip to London and the longer bye week that followed with their most impressive performance since Week 4. Tennessee executed a patient balance game-plan on offense, one built on creating manageable third downs and extending drives. Mariota (21 of 29, 240 yards, 3 total TDs) was the perfect point man, making some of the boldest throws of his career and playing smart football. On the arm and legs of Mariota, Tennessee converted 11 of 14 third downs. The Titans held the ball for 34 minutes and punted just once all game. Mike Vrabel's defense came to play, holding Dallas scoreless in the second half with the help of a healthy pass rush and well-timed blitzes. After shutting the Cowboys down on four straight plays in the red zone late in the fourth quarter, Tennessee fittingly sealed the deal with a final third-down conversion, a Mariota play-action sweep to the sticks. Just like that, the Titans are back in contention in the AFC South, just 1.5 games behind the Houston Texans with a game to go against the division leaders.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000985119/article/what-we-learned-from-titans-win-over-cowboys
That Dak is what he is, a 5th round one year wonder, the difference between a high first round QB and in reality a 5th rounder playing for similar teams.