What we learned from who didn't play

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
There were multiple players beyond the starters who were healthy scratches from the final preseason games. That generally means the team plans on those players being on the 53.

Ones I noticed were: Ty Nsekhe, Cedrick Wilson, Noah Brown, Dorance Armstrong and Jayron Kearse.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hooker played a short time as he needed the reps. But Jerry said he was making the team.

But it is safe to say all those that did not play are most likely on the team.
A few may be released if they feel they are safe to clear waivers, as they make moves for any players to IR.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
There were multiple players beyond the starters who were healthy scratches from the final preseason games. That generally means the team plans on those players being on the 53.

Ones I noticed were: Ty Nsekhe, Cedrick Wilson, Noah Brown, Dorance Armstrong and Jayron Kearse.

Wilson, Brown, and Armstrong made the team. Kearse likely made it. Kearse might be cut an brought back after the team moves a few players to short term IR.

I am not sure about Nsehke. The team took a close look at Steele and Knight and I think they passed the test today against the Jags. No glaring errors (that I can remember) or reaches or lunges. They played the whole game too. The team might cut Nsehke and bring him back after they put a few players on short term IR. Maybe have a wink wink deal with him. Or, they might be moving on from him and didn't want him to get hurt and have to eat his whole salary.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Wilson, Brown, and Armstrong made the team. Kearse likely made it. Kearse might be cut an brought back after the team moves a few players to short term IR.

I am not sure about Nsehke. The team took a close look at Steele and Knight and I think they passed the test today against the Jags. No glaring errors (that I can remember) or reaches or lunges. They played the whole game too. The team might cut Nsehke and bring him back after they put a few players on short term IR. Maybe have a wink wink deal with him. Or, they might be moving on from him and didn't want him to get hurt and have to eat his whole salary.

Yup...I don't think Nsehke makes it....I wouldn't guarantee that contract. :popcorn:

DanA

Reaction score

I had all those comfortably making the team. Nsekhe may not that deserving but it's slim pickings at OT

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or maybe they didn't want to risk those players getting dinged up. Who knows.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They can use the 4 players still on the covid list to make some roster moves. So they may not have to release any players to try to sign back as they move any player to IR. It also helps to keep a few guys to try to get to the PS. I think they have until Thursday with the 4 on the list to decide what to do from there.

blueblood70

Reaction score

only exception is kearse they got hooker snaps kearse is the bubble guy Hooker made it to teh 53 IMHO

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I was surprised to see Nsekhe not out there. Clearly the team thinks more highly of him than I do.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I was surprised to see Nsekhe not out there. Clearly the team thinks more highly of him than I do.
this was said the first 1/4 of the season about cam Erving last year and that turned out to be flat wrong when healthy he was most likely our best OL last year,,period but the hate and overreaction was the same ..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this was said the first 1/4 of the season about cam Erving last year and that turned out to be flat wrong when healthy he was most likely our best OL last year,,period but the hate and overreaction was the same ..

And fans tried to defend Chaz Green too.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Same here.
However, they could have just wanted to give Knight and Steel enough plays to see if they could separate themselves over Nsekhe.
My feeling is though Nsekhe stays, and they keep either Knight or Steel, as opposed to keeping both over Nsekhe.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same here.
However, they could have just wanted to give Knight and Steel enough plays to see if they could separate themselves over Nsekhe.
My feeling is though Nsekhe stays, and they keep either Knight or Steel, as opposed to keeping both over Nsekhe.

I’d keep an eye on the waiver wire for a potential upgrade over Nsekhe. It’s pretty bad when the team would rather play Steele at left tackle than him. At his age, he just might be done physically.

blueblood70

Reaction score
And fans tried to defend Chaz Green too.
not me but cam after coming off an ijury payed great got hurt and fans said he was jag and should be cut comes back and was our best OL..so fans tend to be wrong more then right..

they defended green only because of what he did for 2 games the year before the ATL incident but once that happened i doubt one fan thought he should be back..and the coaches who left him in so long all should have been cut asap..

ironic like i said now everyone wished Erving was back..he got himself nice deal after many fans here were saying the same thing early last season..TY may play better in real games next to starters... no one knows so be surprised, be upset, don't care i save my evals for real games and more then one situation..no sense getting all worked up in PS..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’d keep an eye on the waiver wire for a potential upgrade over Nsekhe. It’s pretty bad when the team would rather play Steele at left tackle than him. At his age, he just might be done physically.
you? when do you make those decisions LOL

im glad fans dont get to choose players most would be wrong..the keyboard gms inhere tends too be wrong more times then not and use hindsight to claim they know things.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the young center played well yesterday but pretty much the most of the rest of them will be cut