What we learned from who didn't play

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you? when do you make those decisions LOL

im glad fans dont get to choose players most would be wrong..the keyboard gms inhere tends too be wrong more times then not and use hindsight to claim they know things.

Go screw yourself pal. Hard.

You have zero social skills and you’re barely literate. Be thankful you haven’t been bounced out of here. Yet.

Dont ever try to talk about what anyone else knows. Your total lack of self awareness is staggering.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Go screw yourself pal. Hard.

You have zero social skills and you’re barely literate. Be thankful you haven’t been bounced out of here. Yet.

Don't ever try to talk about what anyone else knows. Your total lack of self awareness is staggering.

that said ,

that reply should get you bounced, OK PAL.......

i play the same game nearly all of you play and walk that fine line all of you do..Dont make threats and call zoners names as thats against the rules as well..hypocrites by the dozen in here..

just ignore me if you dont like it, thats easy..i have at least 7 on there...I have thick skin ,seldom add to it, but use it when necessary to keep me from getting benched...

conner01

Reaction score
Wilson, Brown, and Armstrong made the team. Kearse likely made it. Kearse might be cut an brought back after the team moves a few players to short term IR.

I am not sure about Nsehke. The team took a close look at Steele and Knight and I think they passed the test today against the Jags. No glaring errors (that I can remember) or reaches or lunges. They played the whole game too. The team might cut Nsehke and bring him back after they put a few players on short term IR. Maybe have a wink wink deal with him. Or, they might be moving on from him and didn't want him to get hurt and have to eat his whole salary.
Nsehke would not be on my 53
I don’t see him being any better than what we have in younger, cheaper players
I was really impressed with center play yesterday from what you can see watching on tv
Be interested in seeing how he graded out

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
that said ,

that reply should get you bounced, OK PAL.......

i play the same game nearly all of you play and walk that fine line all of you do..Dont make threats and call zoners names as thats against the rules as well..hypocrites by the dozen in here..

just ignore me if you dont like it, thats easy..i have at least 7 on there...I have thick skin ,seldom add to it, but use it when necessary to keep me from getting benched...

Bull****. You’re part of the problem around here because you can’t get along with anyone. You overreact and jump on people if their opinion differs from yours. That’s an issue with YOU, not THEM.

And trust me when I tell you if you keep going that route you’ll be looking for a new hangout to talk Cowboys.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was really impressed with center play yesterday from what you can see watching on tv

I agree. I thought Farniok made the team yesterday. One of few bright spots.

conner01

Reaction score
I agree. I thought Farniok made the team yesterday. One of few bright spots.
You don’t see much on tv but what little I seen he had a little attitude and carried out the most basic part of getting ball to QB
I wonder if he made line calls
He certainly looks like next years swing guard/center at the least
And if Biadasz goes down I already trust him more than CW

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don’t see much on tv but what little I seen he had a little attitude and carried out the most basic part of getting ball to QB
I wonder if he made line calls
He certainly looks like next years swing guard/center at the least
And if Biadasz goes down I already trust him more than CW

Same here. If nothing else I saw great energy and engagement and enough tools to keep him around to develop.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Farniok played well. Biadasz might have some competition. Farniok also can play OT. Knight may have some competition at backup OT.

Nsehke might not be on the first 53 but may be added when Ball goes to short term IR. Or, the team may move on from him. Seattle might want him in a trade.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
There were multiple players beyond the starters who were healthy scratches from the final preseason games. That generally means the team plans on those players being on the 53.

Ones I noticed were: Ty Nsekhe, Cedrick Wilson, Noah Brown, Dorance Armstrong and Jayron Kearse.

seriously i called the guy who didnt play but he couldnt teach me anything i did not know already.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Wilson, Brown, and Armstrong made the team. Kearse likely made it. Kearse might be cut an brought back after the team moves a few players to short term IR.

I am not sure about Nsehke. The team took a close look at Steele and Knight and I think they passed the test today against the Jags. No glaring errors (that I can remember) or reaches or lunges. They played the whole game too. The team might cut Nsehke and bring him back after they put a few players on short term IR. Maybe have a wink wink deal with him. Or, they might be moving on from him and didn't want him to get hurt and have to eat his whole salary.

That's possible, but Nsekhe was brought here as a proven backup tackle. He had a couple of glitches, but hadn't been nearly as bad as he's been made out to be since he gave up a sack early in the first game.

Steele was pointed out by the announcing crew (rightly so) multiple times for not sinking his hips. That causes him to be too high in his staff, which gets him driven back.

gimmesix

Reaction score
They can use the 4 players still on the covid list to make some roster moves. So they may not have to release any players to try to sign back as they move any player to IR. It also helps to keep a few guys to try to get to the PS. I think they have until Thursday with the 4 on the list to decide what to do from there.

Good point on the covid list. Might help us get a couple of players on the roster initially to move them to IR.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I was surprised to see Nsekhe not out there. Clearly the team thinks more highly of him than I do.

Well, our backup tackles didn't exactly impress last year when forced to play, while Nsekhe has done better than them in actual NFL games. I think they ID'd a vet they were comfortable with taking that Cam Fleming/Cam Erving role.

Of course, Steele was a rookie last year and a lot has been made about him reshaping his body this offseason. But I don't know if the staff is comfortable at this point with him being the swing tackle.

Scotman

Reaction score
That's the deal for me, too. I know the two young tackles are lacking. But Nsehke has zero upside. It's all downside from here. I'd roll with a slightly less talented options with at least the illusion of upside.

gimmesix

Reaction score
the young center played well yesterday but pretty much the most of the rest of them will be cut

Yeah. I had us putting Farniok on the practice squad, but I think he's shown he can be a capable center and is the only real backup we've got at the spot. I think Williams will still be counted on as the gameday backup because we'll want to carry McGoven as one of the two gameday backups (along with Nsekhe), but if we lost Biadasz for several games, I think Farniok would be used as the starter.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, our backup tackles didn't exactly impress last year when forced to play, while Nsekhe has done better than them in actual NFL games. I think they ID'd a vet they were comfortable with taking that Cam Fleming/Cam Erving role.

Of course, Steele was a rookie last year and a lot has been made about him reshaping his body this offseason. But I don't know if the staff is comfortable at this point with him being the swing tackle.

Yeah. Nsekhe has been serviceable. In the past. I think Father Time has caught up to him.

conner01

Reaction score
Yeah. I had us putting Farniok on the practice squad, but I think he's shown he can be a capable center and is the only real backup we've got at the spot. I think Williams will still be counted on as the gameday backup because we'll want to carry McGoven as one of the two gameday backups (along with Nsekhe), but if we lost Biadasz for several games, I think Farniok would be used as the starter.
My thoughts at center
Game day it will be CW but if we need a guy multiple weeks Farniok should be the guy
At OT I just don’t see Nsekhe as any better than knight
Knight got better as he got snaps last year and has much more upside

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
There were multiple players beyond the starters who were healthy scratches from the final preseason games. That generally means the team plans on those players being on the 53.

Ones I noticed were: Ty Nsekhe, Cedrick Wilson, Noah Brown, Dorance Armstrong and Jayron Kearse.
Stephen said top 40 guys were held out. So anyone that did play (Steele/Knight/Wright) is 41+ on the roster

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
That's possible, but Nsekhe was brought here as a proven backup tackle. He had a couple of glitches, but hadn't been nearly as bad as he's been made out to be since he gave up a sack early in the first game.

Steele was pointed out by the announcing crew (rightly so) multiple times for not sinking his hips. That causes him to be too high in his staff, which gets him driven back.

Steele >> Nsehke right now.