What went wrong in 2008?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
goshan;2514111 said:
barber injury had little impact
choice is just as good

I say trade Barber while there's still some value for him. We could get some much-needed help on OL or at Safety, and Felix and Choice are more than capable of handling the load.

Either that, or Barber needs to go back to his short-yardage, straight-ahead, 4th-quarter, finish-the-game role. He's not a starting back. Great change of pace back though.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
casmith07;2514544 said:
I say trade Barber while there's still some value for him. We could get some much-needed help on OL or at Safety, and Felix and Choice are more than capable of handling the load.

Either that, or Barber needs to go back to his short-yardage, straight-ahead, 4th-quarter, finish-the-game role. He's not a starting back. Great change of pace back though.

The cap hit would be too large. We are stuck with him.

jimmy40

Reaction score
lewpac;2514534 said:
Clue-less huh?
Tell that to the Patriots. A well coached, disciplined "team", playing together for first place in their division. A team who lost, arguably, one of the most important players in the league to injury in week one against the Chiefs.
They've also lost half their defense at one time or another.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;2514544 said:

Yes, lets annoint Choice the starter after a handful of decent games in his rookie season since the last time we annointed greatness upon a rookie RB who tore it up for 6 games worked out so well in the end.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2514558 said:
The cap hit would be too large. We are stuck with him.

He's a great change of pace back but the thing I don't understand is why Jerry played into him holding out? I mean obviously we didn't have the right stuff in place yet, but come on? Franchise him and see what he does as a starter don't go based on change-of-pace numbers...

He might be the most expensive backup running back in the NFL next season.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I actually believe that the Romo and the Felix Jones injuries were HUGE. I think Jones could've actually taken at least 1 kick off return to the house this year, and he in the passing and running game would've been incredible.

I think that Felix and Choice will make an incredible duo backfield, although I love me some Barber.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Clove;2514592 said:
I actually believe that the Romo and the Felix Jones injuries were HUGE. I think Jones could've actually taken at least 1 kick off return to the house this year, and he in the passing and running game would've been incredible.

I think that Felix and Choice will make an incredible duo backfield, although I love me some Barber.

He did take a KO to the house :D

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
We have one big game left on the schedule, and the other team can't run the ball very well in short yardage.

fortdick

Reaction score
casmith07;2514544 said:

Trade Choice for a first!