What will it take to convince you Cowboys are for real this year?

sjmike

Reaction score
What will it take to convince you that the Cowboys are for real this season? I know that nobody wants to jump the gun and get their hearts broken when they falter at the end of the season, but is their a point where you say to yourself that this is the year?? For me, I think it would be winning the next 3 before the bye, including the Vikings game in their house. That would lead up to the bye and would give them alot of momentum towards the rest of the season. Of course, beating KC and then the Raiders on Thanksgiving would be a cherry on top. Go Cowboys!!

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I haven't seen dallas as a contender since 07 so it's going to take a lot more. Especially with the weakest division and a weak schedule. I am happy so far though and have been pretty impressed at times.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Honestly, and this is just my take but if you were around 2007, 2014, and 2016, you know this is different but what has me convinced is the D. For example, do you know why Garrett and Jerry defensive coor Rob Ryan. Sure he was goofy as hell and had a scheme more complicated than necessary but the real reason was Larry Lacewell talked Jerry into switching from 3-4 to Tampa 2 to produce more turnovers. This of course led to hiring Monte Kiffin ( who was a disaster ) and Marinelli but our turnover ratio still ranked at or near the bottom until .......you guessed it, this year.

We've won three games in a row but I guarantee you last year or during Garrett's tenure, we would have found a way to lose at least two of the last three. I said in another thread only injury can stop us .......I believe that 1000%.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Cowboys have a stud quarterback, good offensive line, and great skill players on offense. The defense has a stud cornerback, athletic young pass rushers and good safety play. They have the best coaching staff since the Parcells days. It is refreshing to see a team make halftime and end game adjustments. If Garrett was the coach we lose that game going away. The Cowboys need to try to win every game on their schedule. That 1st round bye is vital to us getting to the Super Bowl. I think we have the schedule to get the number 1 seed in the NFC.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
The Cowboys have a stud quarterback, good offensive line, and great skill players on offense. The defense has a stud cornerback, athletic young pass rushers and good safety play. They have the best coaching staff since the Parcells days. It is refreshing to see a team make halftime and end game adjustments. If Garrett was the coach we lose that game going away. The Cowboys need to try to win every game on their schedule. That 1st round bye is vital to us getting to the Super Bowl. I think we have the schedule to get the number 1 seed in the NFC.
The problem is the Bucs schedule is even easier. They have like 3-4 tough games the rest of the way. Bills and divisional matchups with Panthers and Saints. I don’t think the Saints are that tough as they are today. With Thomas coming back that may change.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
dallas has looked good the past 2 games, but it was a very bad phil team, and a not so good panther team.
Next is the not so good nyg's and then same for NE, and possibly Minn is not very good. So they should beat all 3 of those teams like they have these past 2.
So win the next 5 and then I will think maybe they are a contender.

Dallas defense does look much better,offense looks better, and I cant believe they are running the ball lol.
I just am waiting for the wheels to fall off, but maybe they dont, have to wait and see.

Batman1980

Reaction score
What will it take to convince you that the Cowboys are for real this season? I know that nobody wants to jump the gun and get their hearts broken when they falter at the end of the season, but is their a point where you say to yourself that this is the year?? For me, I think it would be winning the next 3 before the bye, including the Vikings game in their house. That would lead up to the bye and would give them alot of momentum towards the rest of the season. Of course, beating KC and then the Raiders on Thanksgiving would be a cherry on top. Go Cowboys!!

Something they haven't done since 1995(1995!), win past the divisional round in the play-offs. Anything less than a trip to the NFCCG and this team is just another regular season darling like 2006, 2007, 2009, 2014, 2016 and 2019.

Ren

Reaction score
They’re for real in that they’ll be a tough out in the playoffs ( assuming we can stay relatively healthy)

I don’t think this is a SB team, but we’ll see. Get to the playoffs and anything can happen