What will the Cowboys season record be now?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What will the Cowboys season record be now with Romo as the quarterback?

-Reality

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I haven't seen enough of romo to even begin to speculate on this. And anyone who does hasn't either. The best any of us can do is give a SWAG (scientific wild blank guess)

EDIT: That being said, I'll vote, if only just to see the other votes.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crown Royal;1118003 said:
I haven't seen enough of romo to even begin to speculate on this. And anyone who does hasn't either. The best any of us can do is give a SWAG (scientific wild blank guess)
That's the whole point of the poll .. we had no idea going into the season what the record would be yet a ton of users voted on that season record poll.

You have to understand that polls do more than just show our guesses. They also show a general feeling the Cowboys fans on this site have toward how the season will go from here.

In other words, it is not hurting anyone so why worry about it?

-Reality

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Regardless of what Romo does, I've seen enough of our defense through 6 games, enough of our OL through 6 games, enough of our play-calling on offense and defense through 6 games, enough of our special teams through 6 games, enough of Parcells since he's been here, and enough of our schedule for 2006, to feel fairly confident in predicting 8-8 or 9-7 at the best...no playoffs this year.

And nothing would thrill me more as a fan of the Cowboys for the past 39 years than to be proven totally wrong...That crow would be the tastiest I've ever eaten.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
10-6 baby, Romo takes us 7-3 the rest of the way, with losses to IND, @ NYG, and @ ATL

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said 10-6 before the season started and am sticking with it.

Why would I change my mind when we are putting in a better QB?

lspain1

Reaction score
I assessed this poll. We have the lunatics at 11-5 or better, the optimists at 10-6 and 9-7, the realists at 8-8 and the pessimists at 7 or less.;)

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Unfortunately I believe 7-9 as I said in a previous post.

Signed,
Sandtrapp ( the pessimist):rolleyes:

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
I think it could be a very good second half if Romo is even an average NFL QB..
Lots of weapons and Bledsoe just wasnt seeing the field and was slow to get rid of the ball...
Romo showed the other night that he will find the open guys and will get rid of the ball in a hurry...

He also showed that he has the ability to make plenty of wrong choices so if he with more practice as the starter not do dumb things than he should do OK...

I do question arm strength but if he decides quickly Dallas has the weapons to over come his weakness...

Bledsoe was not getting the ball in the hands of the playmakers , hopefully this now will change.

twa

Reaction score
Cowboy Junkie;1118326 said:
I think it could be a very good second half if Romo is even an average NFL QB..
Lots of weapons and Bledsoe just wasnt seeing the field and was slow to get rid of the ball...
Romo showed the other night that he will find the open guys and will get rid of the ball in a hurry...

He also showed that he has the ability to make plenty of wrong choices so if he with more practice as the starter not do dumb things than he should do OK...

I do question arm strength but if he decides quickly Dallas has the weapons to over come his weakness...

Bledsoe was not getting the ball in the hands of the playmakers , hopefully this now will change.

I will second this to save typing...in short we are too strong overall to fall apart..Cut down the turnovers and we will contend.:starspin

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I really felt like saying 8-8 but the optimist in me chose 9-7. I've always liked Romo and our games will definitely be more exciting now (for better or worse) but he will make his "rookie" mistakes that will cost us some winnable games.

He reminds me of Favre without the rocket arm. He's predisposed to make the play whether it's there or not. Hence the excitment. However, if he can cut down on the impulse improvisations he can win us some games.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
9-7 or 8-8 with Bledsoe and NO playoffs.

8-8 or 7-9 with Romo but an opertunity to let the future QB of this franchise grow. A rookie Troy Aikman would probably have gone 7-9 with this OL.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I looked at the 2nd half of MNF again trying to place where I'd seen Romo's game before and finally came up with Bubby Brister circa 1990. Those Steelers went 9-7 with the that QB at the helm but Dallas has better skill players around Romo so I went with 10-6.

Bcburns

Reaction score
I voted 9-7.

I think Romo will be ok. But he would have to do better than ok with the way the defense has played.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everlastingxxx;1118492 said:
At the start of the season i predicted 12-4 but now i am hopeful of 9-7.
I'm wondering why you believe Romo will win us 3 less games than Bledslow the statue. Normally when a team upgrades the starting QB most people will think the opposite of what you did.

lwehlers

Reaction score
i think 6-8 wins is all we will end up with. we are going to struggle early as romo gets himself used to starting but i hope as the season go on romo will get better and we pull off some late season games. having five of our last seven at home might get us three or four wins as the season goes along. the first three games on the road will be hard for us. i think we will be lucky to be 4-6 or at best 5-5 after ten games.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1118600 said:
I'm wondering why you believe Romo will win us 3 less games than Bledslow the statue. Normally when a team upgrades the starting QB most people will think the opposite of what you did.

I think Romo is a possible upgrade. But how can i know that for sure till i see a game without 3 INTs? I am hopeful and excited to find out. My early prediction was based on thinking this team would dominate. The Defense and Offensive line haven’t been as good as i thought. I don’t know how many games we would end up winning with Bledsoe and haven’t really thought about it.