What will the Cowboys season record be now?

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
i think we have a narrow shot at the playoffs.

romo is gonna make some mistakes early on. we just need him to show steady improvement from game to game. he needs to beat the pressure with timely passes that will cause teams to take notice and call off the dogs. cuz they are just pinning back their ears right now.

dallas needs to take a more agressive stance on Defense. passive is not making us any less vulnerable to the deep ball and it's high time THE OTHER TEAM'S QB had something to worry about besides how tight a spiral he put on a 50-yard completion.

the next few weeks oughta be a helluva ride.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I am afraid this change says more about the team than the QB.

3 straight road games as first starts for a kid QB... hard to see that going all that great.

Gonna have to assume this means playoffs is out this year and simply hope to be proven wrong. I am generally an optimist but we simply did not look the other night. We could not run at all and the defense was porous against both run and pass.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I woud not be suprised to see a few multiple pick games from Romo through the rest of the season. Hopefully though they will be offset with 3-4 TD's.

From his play Monday that is what I feel is worse case scenario. Romo will move the ball consistently for the rest of the season I believe, but I am afraid the punter may see a little less action than normal!

Voted 10-6 but was debating the 9-7 option.

Romo with minimal mistakes - 11-5

MS17

Reaction score
Winning 2 of the next 3 on the road, Id take right now as would many others. Maybe a tall order, but the team has been relatively injury free up to now, which is good news. As BP always says, by Thanksgiving we'll have a much better idea on the season. But the realist in me says 8-8 after week 17 and a team still looking for answers.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Unfortunately, our defense, which I thought would be the strength of this team, is very average. We give up way too many long passes on a routine basis, and the Giants ran right up our gut time and time again.

I say 8-8 is the best we can hope for this year.

silver

Reaction score
all i can tell from the poll is that yeagermeister sees the glass half full and juke sees it half empty

Derinyar

Reaction score
I'd go 7-9. I just don't see Romo, at this point, as a QB whos going to help us go on the winning streak we need to finish any better.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
lspain1;1118224 said:
I assessed this poll. We have the lunatics at 11-5 or better, the optimists at 10-6 and 9-7, the realists at 8-8 and the pessimists at 7 or less.;)

Call me a lunatic! I'm still saying 11-5. We turn this ship around and enjoy watching this team rally around Tony Romo.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
I say 10-6 although 9-7 is probably more likely. It obviously depends on Romo although you know it depends even more on the D. it has been very inconsistent so far this year, when they are bad they are as bad as any D in the NFL. they gotta perform at their highest level EVERY SINGLE WEEK!!!!! they concern me more at this point than Romo or the o-line

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
silver;1119563 said:
all i can tell from the poll is that yeagermeister sees the glass half full and juke sees it half empty
They're both wrong. The glass is simply too big :lmao2:

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
lspain1;1118224 said:
I assessed this poll. We have the lunatics at 11-5 or better, the optimists at 10-6 and 9-7, the realists at 8-8 and the pessimists at 7 or less.;)

:lmao: :lmao: :laugh2: :laugh2:

That is funny. Guess I'm more of a realist, cause I voted 8-8. I love the lunatics line......:laugh2:

All I want for Christmas is an offensive line.........

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
silver;1119563 said:

Nope... in the words of the great George Carlin...I see it as the glass being too large. :D

CoCo

Reaction score
We have beaten 3 teams that are pretty weak. Commanders, Titans, & Texans. We have lost every time we've played someone good. Jax, Philly & NYG.

I don't see how anyone can have any firm feeling for how well or poorly that Romo will do. I don't see how one can take his MNF performance and assume the turnovers will all cease and the TD's remain. Some of his success was because he took risks. And on 3 ocasions those risks blew up on him.

To go 6-4 from here on out would be a reasonable improvement over the 3-3 we currently are. So even though 9-7 sounds pessimistic versus most preseason expectations I just can't reasonably predict better than that.

But I sure will be hoping for better.

dannyz

Reaction score
demdcowboys#1;1118024 said:
10-6 baby, Romo takes us 7-3 the rest of the way, with losses to IND, @ NYG, and @ ATL

Come talk to us late Sunday night... I think you forgot CAR in that list.

After the QB change, my prediction dropped from 10-6 to 8-8.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
dannyz;1123854 said:
Come talk to us late Sunday night... I think you forgot CAR in that list.

After the QB change, my prediction dropped from 10-6 to 8-8.

I know who we play Sunday night, and i think we will win. So you are saying b4 the change you thought we'd be 10-6, with Bledsoe.........right, not after the performances he had against the tougher teams, we will just have to see though, hopefully Romo can buy enough time with his feet to hit some of our playmakers...