What will you do to celebrate once Garrett is finally gone?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
LOL, this place.

I think part of me hopes that JG somehow leads us to an NFC championship or SB this season which lands him an extension from Jerry, just to see the meltdown that would follow on this site.

Would be of legendary proportions. Might crash the server. lol

:D

We're gonna do this to you if it happens...

tenor.gif

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I love my cowboys, but never thought Garrett was a good choice in anyway shape or form. This was a huge Jerry blunder that I'm not sure many of us will every recover fully from. Having said that, I'm planning how I'm going to "hopefully" celebrate once it becomes official and Garrett has finally left the building so here it goes-

Firstly I will call all my friends so we can celebrate and left off some steam that it's finally over. I will plan a party to be taken place at my house where I will serve smoked brisket with alcoholic beverages of all flavors and types.
I will make sure that we each get an opportunity to hug each others necks as we shed a few tears of joy that the impossible has finally happened.

Once everyone has left my home, I will fire up the hotub outside and invite my wife for a brandy and a foot rub... She likes brandy, so hopefully this will ready her for some post garrett hanky panky. When it's all said and done, and she is fast asleep, I will log onto to cowboys zone to rub shoulders with my brothers and sisters as we celebrate the demise of the ginger puppet whom has haunted our dreams for what seems like an eternity.
I am a single parent with a young daughter so there will be no alcohol or hanky panky at my house, instead me and my daughter will be going to Whataburger and drinking chocolate milkshakes till we puke, LOL

its going to be 20,000 calories of sheer bliss:laugh:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't feel like 10 years wasted or the fact that Jason Garrett getting fired, who is a Cowboy BTW, is anything I would feel like celebrating. I mean, I do think it probably has to happen but I won't be celebrating the fact. It's not personal for me, I don't hate the guy. I'd actually feel badly for him.

Last edited:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Honestly, I won't celebrate. Do I think JG's time has come? Yes.
Do I harbor some hard feelings toward him for the way he has treated certain players in the past during his tenure? Absolutely.

But, I do believe this--whatever you think of his limitations and faults, I think he did work as hard as he could to make the Cowboys a winner.
I just think it isn't in him.

I'm not saying give him a tickertape parade on the way out the door. Frankly, I think getting fired is exactly what he deserves and what goes around eventually comes around.

But the guy has a family. He is a human being.
It's absolutely time to move on but we're acting like he was Andre Waters or some other psycho Cowboy hater.

Send him out to pasture, act like adults and move on with hope and promise of a new generation.
That's my plan. See no need to dance on a man's grave.

johneric8

Reaction score
I don’t celebrate anyone losing their job but i wont be sad at all and i wont miss him

the quicker i can get a cowboys team without him as coach the better

Here is the thing, as the author of this post I do want to say a couple more things. I understand how some might not be celebratory in the eventual parting of ways between Jerry and Jason, and I understand why.
Sure, Jerry has proven that he doesn't want a real coach, and sure we can just assume another puppet is on the way, but we have to hold out hope that perhaps certain events may happen that change the man slightly.
After all, he did hire Parcells so there is that, and lets not forget he is getting very old and most likely realizes in his heart of hearts something has to change if he wants to win again.

I'm the kind of guy whom always looks for the good in everything, so for me to celebrate the banishment of Garrett is more or less toasting to the what the future may hold. Also, I would be lying if I wasn't excited about the possibility of Urban Meyer coaching our team! I followed the guy through the college ranks and trust me, he can come in here and change the demeanor of our teams quickly. Sure, Meyer may only last a few years but so what! Garrett lasting as long as he did was a crime, give me a 4 year coach who turns things around and bring in Sean Peyton or someone else in the future.

Garrett gives us zero hope, and really never has. We have all lied to ourselves that somehow he would take off the training wheels when we knew he really would never get any better. This is why we celebrate, we can quit with the false hope and mind games we endured by having Garrett as our head coach. We can just flat out stop lying to ourselves and wait and see what happens.

johneric8

Reaction score
I am a single parent with a young daughter so there will be no alcohol or hanky panky at my house, instead me and my daughter will be going to Whataburger and drinking chocolate milkshakes till we puke, LOL

its going to be 20,000 calories of sheer bliss:laugh:
Well, that sounds like fun! Time with the kids is the best. By the way, I do have a 20 year old daughter at UT austin and my son is 15 and at home with the wife and I, but lucky for us his grandparents conveniently live three blocks away and can't get enough of him, so if we need party time we can get it anytime.