What will you reaction be if Dallas blows out Atlanta next week?

plymkr

Reaction score
It seems a lot of people are overreacting about this loss (guilty as charged). Though I can see where people are coming from, it’s literally only week one. You have to look at the circumstances. For one, we had no preseason. Everyone and I mean everyone has looked rusty to a degree. Cowboys being Cowboys, of course they look rustier than average. We almost never start the season looking good with the exception of last year (that was against the Giants tho...). In addition to that, we had a very strange offseason. I’m sure we all know why it’s been strange, but nonetheless, I’m sure this has caused some strength and conditioning trouble for certain players (Collins for example).

Long story short, what will your reaction be if Dallas blows out the Falcons, say 45-14? Will you overreact like we did with this loss and say we’re going to the Super Bowl? Will you call it a fluke and proceed to believe this team is a fraudulent team in a bad division?
good question. I feel my reaction would be a little more optimism, but cautious optimism. If we blow out Atlanta I'll feel better than I do not, obviously but I'm really anxious to see what happens in Seattle. A lot of talking heads and people on this site, me included, thought in preseason we would be contenders. At Seattle will show us what we are. If we are going to contend for the NFC then games like Seattle need to be won.

Honestly I'm more worried about what my reaction will be if Atlanta blows us out. This team seems like it has a fragile psyche, if Matty Ice and Gurly come in and destroy our defense then we are in real trouble for the rest of the season.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Peaks and valleys.
That's what happens to those 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 bs teams.

I predict a win next week.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
giphy.gif

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
It means we are 1-1 and have a tough game coming vs a Super Bowl contender in Seattle. They do not need to blow out Atlanta. Just get the win and show improvement over Week 1.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They wont.

They will wind up losing to Atlanta, we will write them off, then they will go to Seattle and win.

Then we wont know what to think of them.

That's how the NFL is.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
i have zero confidence in Nolan and Moore,the had an entire off season to prepare for the Rams and it looked like they had never seen a Sean mckvay game on film.This coaching staff will let us down again,wouldnt be shocked if we start 0-3.
lol that was great post, like they had never seen a Sean mckvay game on film.... made me laugh, and I dont laugh much.
and your right they had lots of time to prepare for Rams game, and they get a F on how they prepared for it on off and defense.
And this is one area I thought MM would be good at!
Then as for game mgmt, going for it on 4th and 3 instead of tying the game just blows my mind and my faith in MM!
I hope he learned not to do that again.
If they were behind by 4 or more then it starts to make sense going for it, but anytime you can tie it, do it.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Atlanta aint good, the Hawks had their way with even thought the scoreboard made it look like a somewhat close game.

The DNA of the Cowboys is to beat scrub teams and lose to anybody half way decent................so a win against sorry arse Atlanta is expected.

Its not expected.

Hardline

Reaction score
I will be indifferent.
After 25 years of failure I am emotionally removed from this team win or lose.

Long gone are the days when wins and loses affected me one way or another.

I'll get excited again next time I see them win a Super Bowl.

Jipper

Reaction score
Blowout? Blowout? Really? If that happens I’ll accuse my wife of putting something in my drink

aria

Reaction score
Same as always, if we lose we need to blow up the roster and fire all the coaches. If we win, we’re going back to the Super Bowl and the Rams game was shaking the rust off.

Most of why we lost was due to correctable mistakes and things most NFL players don’t typically have problems with. I fully expect a blow out by us this weekend, IMOF I’m gonna start cracking the Kool Aid taps today, come Monday they will be gushing.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It seems a lot of people are overreacting about this loss (guilty as charged). Though I can see where people are coming from, it’s literally only week one. You have to look at the circumstances. For one, we had no preseason. Everyone and I mean everyone has looked rusty to a degree. Cowboys being Cowboys, of course they look rustier than average. We almost never start the season looking good with the exception of last year (that was against the Giants tho...). In addition to that, we had a very strange offseason. I’m sure we all know why it’s been strange, but nonetheless, I’m sure this has caused some strength and conditioning trouble for certain players (Collins for example).

Long story short, what will your reaction be if Dallas blows out the Falcons, say 45-14? Will you overreact like we did with this loss and say we’re going to the Super Bowl? Will you call it a fluke and proceed to believe this team is a fraudulent team in a bad division?
It means nothing. We have to get to NFC Title Game for me to believe in this team. I love Dak, he is my favorite player, but we seem to lose the games when we have the ball last. First the Saints, the Vikings, the Eagles, and now the Rams. If your the guy you have to win those games. I expect us to lose close games and that is the problem.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm expecting for a close score victory against Atlanta which puts us 1-1, like about 20 teams in the league. We then play Seattle, which will be a close win or loss which equally won't tell us much we don't already know.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It means nothing. We have to get to NFC Title Game for me to believe in this team. I love Dak, he is my favorite player, but we seem to lose the games when we have the ball last. First the Saints, the Vikings, the Eagles, and now the Rams. If your the guy you have to win those games. I expect us to lose close games and that is the problem.

That is what is starting to concern me about Dak, he cant win close games.

I also did not realize this until another poster did a stats dive on Dak........For Dak's career, what is the record of the Cowboys when trailing at half?

3-16

Dak as a starting QB in the NFL has trailed at half 19 times and he brought his team back to win only 3 times.:facepalm:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
That is what is starting to concern me about Dak, he cant win close games.

I also did not realize this until another poster did a stats dive on Dak........For Dak's career, what is the record of the Cowboys when trailing at half?

3-16

Dak as a starting QB in the NFL has trailed at half 19 times and he brought his team back to win only 3 times.:facepalm:
I am with you brother. It’s early and we can start off 0-4 and still be NFC East favorites but Dak has to play better. No excuses. He has got to win these close games. Romo had the same problem. For some reason he could not win the big game. Let it fly Dak. Take some chances.