What would a win mean tomorrow against the Rams?

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Football is wild to me. Every week as the next game draws closer the more and more distant the last game seems and hope starts to rear its head again.

like we all pretty much know in our heads we are about to get curbstomped, but for some reason glimmers of hope make their way back into our hearts somehow

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I think this is what you were looking for. All scenarios courtesy of the ESPN Playoff Machine.

A win is big, don’t let anyone fool you. If the Cowboys win they will be 7-7. The scenarios are:

If the Cowboys beat the Rams and the Eagles beat the Commanders the Cowboys could clinch the division and a playoff birth with either
  • A win against the Eagles in Week 16 OR
  • A win against the Commanders AND an Eagles loss to the Giants in Week 17
If the Cowboys beat the Rams and the Eagles lose to the Commanders the Cowboys could clinch the division and a playoff birth with
  • A win against the Commanders in Week 17 OR
  • An Eagles’ loss to the Giants in Week 17
If the Cowboys lose to the Rams and the Eagles lose to the Commanders the Cowboys could clinch the division and a playoff birth with
  • A win against the Commanders AND an Eagles loss to the Giants in Week 17
If the Cowboys lose to the Rams and the Eagles beat the Commanders the Cowboys could clinch the division and a playoff birth with
  • A win against the Eagles in Week 16 AND a win against the Commanders in Week 17
All scenarios can be tested here:

www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
It likely won’t change the fact that we need to win the final two games of the season unless by a miracle Philly loses. So what would a win mean to you?

point in time victory nothing more?

indicator that there is hope?

fools gold?

For me it would show that this team has decided not to lay down, but that’s where it would stop for me. For the record I think they get crushed but will give them the benefit of the doubt to see if they can salvage the season:

Here’s hoping we have something to be excited about tomorrow night
Blimey! I thought I could hear, softly, "The Battle Hum of the Republic!
You are well spoken, young lad!
But, too, a victory gives us a worst standing in the draft.

willia451

Reaction score
It would mean I would be happy. I would be happy to see the Commanders beat the Eagles and the Cowboys beat the Rams.

Look. JG is gone regardless. Unless by some miracle he takes the team to the NFCCG. And that's not going to happen. The Cowboys run defense is in shambles. And the pass defense isn't a whole lot better.

So might as well just roll with it week to week and see what happens.

Hot_Toddy

Reaction score
A win means we only have to beat the Eagles to win the division, it does not matter what the Eagles do.
We MUST beat the Eagles and either the Rams or Commanders.

Yes. This is correct. I was about to post the same thing.

I am not sure many realize:

If the Cowboys lost to the Rams and then beat the Eagles; Then, the Cowboys/Commanders game would determine the division winner (assuming the Eagles won 2 of their next 3 but lost to the Cowboys).

Depending on how everything goes, it would be better to win the next 2. Then, there would be an option of sitting a few players the final week of the season if needed.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lame. I’m constantly called out, and I always reply.

And I’m one v., like, 100 and we both know it.
You do have a good sense of humor! I admire the way you keep your cool. Salud!!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You do have a good sense of humor! I admire the way you keep your cool. Salud!!

Quite an accomplishment to display humor and level-headedness while “hiding.” I’ll chalk your comment up to you not having thought this one through very carefully, then. Cheers.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quite an accomplishment to display humor and level-headedness while “hiding.” I’ll chalk your comment up to you not having thought this one through very carefully, then. Cheers.
I just picture you sitting in a corner with a smile on your face...kinda creepy!! Lol!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. This is correct. I was about to post the same thing.

I am not sure many realize:

If the Cowboys lost to the Rams and then beat the Eagles; Then, the Cowboys/Commanders game would determine the division winner (assuming the Eagles won 2 of their next 3 but lost to the Cowboys).

Depending on how everything goes, it would be better to win the next 2. Then, there would be an option of sitting a few players the final week of the season if needed.

I had posted in another thread earlier in the week.
How fitting would it be, Garrett's last regular season game comes down to a win and in game to go 8-8. Just like the 1st 3 full years of his process. :lmao2:

DFWJC

Reaction score
It likely won’t change the fact that we need to win the final two games of the season unless by a miracle Philly loses. So what would a win mean to you?

point in time victory nothing more?

indicator that there is hope?

fools gold?

For me it would show that this team has decided not to lay down, but that’s where it would stop for me. For the record I think they get crushed but will give them the benefit of the doubt to see if they can salvage the season:

Here’s hoping we have something to be excited about tomorrow night
I think if Dallas beats the Rams and then Philly, the division is locked up. They could drop the Skins game.
Big IF though