What would be your OL choice?

John813

Reaction score
I'll roll the dice on option A. Just need another swing tackle in the draft.

Sydla

Reaction score
OL...

Smith, Collins, Fredbeard, Martin, Fleming

or

Smith, Hernandez(R), Fredbeard, Martin, Collins

or

Some other arrangement?

The 1st.

In terms of another option, if the defensive draft board was picked clean and I had to go OL in the first, I'd likely take Wynn, Williams or even Daniels over Hernandez at OG, or maybe take McGlinchey for RT and move Collins to LG before I took Hernandez.

jujoboys

Reaction score
OL...

or

or

Some other arrangement?

Right now I would go with Option 2 because I am not sure who would be our swing tackle in Option 1 if Tyron Smith or Cameron Fleming go down with injury. If you are telling me that it would be Chaz Green then I would have flashbacks of the game against Atlanta last year. In option 2 you have Smith and Collins starting at tackle so Fleming could be our swing tackle.

If we go with option 1 then we need to draft or sign another OT.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Although I'm soft on Hernadez, anyone taking #1 is asking for the same issues next season coz Flemings only have one year deal.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
OL...

or

or

Some other arrangement?
Basically we’re discussing whether we’d want Fleming or Hernandez ?

Or is this also about whether we should move Collins back to LG?

exciter

Reaction score
Option B but with Frank Ragnow, Austin Corbett, or Braden Smith in the 3rd.
This one, Fleming is ok as a swing tackle but not someone you want starting long term. This draft is plenty deep enough that you don' have to spend a 1st round pick to get a starting quality gaurd!

Sydla

Reaction score
Although I'm soft on Hernadez, anyone taking #1 is asking for the same issues next season coz Flemings only have one year deal.

Not necessarily. The team could still end up taking an OT in the 3rd or 4th round who could develop into a RT. Or they could just resign Fleming.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
My preference is that we had filled LG with a cheapo vet. Big, strong, but not so fast anymore.

Do they really plan on Martin being our LG?

Sydla

Reaction score
My preference is that we had filled LG with a cheapo vet. Big, strong, but not so fast anymore.

Do they really plan on Martin being our LG?

My gut?

Yes but they won't not take an OG in this draft if one presents itself based on the draft board at the time. I really don't think they will use a first round pick on an OG (although who knows with these guys), but I could definitely see them using a 2nd, 3rd or even 4th on an OG.

Reaction score
Smith, Collins, Fredbeard, Martin, New Guy. Fleming concerns me in that he has never been the first choice to start for the Patriots. He fits better as a swing. He might be the best option now, but I look for them to take a stud in the draft they can develop. Collins is an average RT, but can be a Pro Bowl LG. Therefore, I see them taking an OT fairly early. I really liked Brandon Parker, N.C. A&T at the Senior Bowl. He's raw, but has great length & held his own vs rushers like Davenport. He can probably be had in the 3rd-4th round.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
OL...

or

or

Some other arrangement?

Torn between T and G. Depends on teams use of La'ell Collins. If LC to LG then we need a RT, I just don't see Flemming as a starter without some form of competition. McGinchey would be great but maybe a T at 19 isn't the best use. If La'ell stays at RT then Hernandez at LG

conner01

Reaction score
Option B but with Frank Ragnow, Austin Corbett, or Braden Smith in the 3rd.
Exactly
I think Fleming needs to be the swing
Hard to have a rookie play both spots
Leave Collins at tackle and add a guard later
Ragnow May be the only one of those who falls to the 3rd but he’s a good prospect and he can play center too

Chrispierce

Reaction score
OL...

or

or

Some other arrangement?
A new power G is the option I’m for. The line is an athletic one,and they miss that power at LG like they had before with Leary. As for Collins,he’s a great fit at RT,and they need to let him make a home there.